Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Dragonshard" D&D RTS announced and previewed!

atari_dm

Novice
In our new ongoing effort to expand our reach into the online community Atari is choosing to pursue a very aggressive approach in regards to interacting and creating a synergy directly with the fans. As many of you have heard, the exciting new Dungeons & Dragons RTS game, Dragonshard, was previewed for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con last month by Atari and Liquid Entertainment’s Ed Kaminski and Steven Parker.

This was the first outing in our effort to get out in front of the fans and get involved. We’d like to thank all of the fans who stopped by for a demo and participated in our D&D raffle. And as promised we’ve included some photos of a few lucky fans with the games they took home. The turnout for Dragonshard was incredible, with many of the fans saying “this game is the most beautiful RTS game I have ever seen” and that “the dual-level function was so cool it’s going to change the way RTS games are made.”

So in response to many of the fans’ requests we’ve posted some of the amazing concept art here. We will have more exciting news for Gen Con this month and don’t forget to come by the booth for a demo, mingle with the designers, enter into our next D&D raffle and possibly win some games as one of our featured fans.

Additionally, there's a preview up at GameSpy with a first look: Check out the preview!

Lastly, if you’ve got comments or questions about Dragonshard, don’t hesitate to shoot off an e-mail and I’ll be happy to answer what I can when I can.

Here are some pieces of concept art to whet your appetite:

Click here for full-size Underworld picture

Click here for full-size Umbragen building picture

Click here for full-size Silver Flame archon picture

Click here for full-size Umbragen lich picture

And here are some photos from comic-con:

One of our raffle winners!

Showing off the game!

Yowza!

A happy winning couple!

We had quite a few winners . . .

Another display in action.

You are in soooo much trouble.

the dual-level function was so cool it’s going to change the way RTS games are made

ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE, metal fatigue had an underground level and an asteroid level. Also if any gamers actually talked liked that they deserve a smack in the pus.

Edit(after reading preview): whatever rpg element you claim to have will no doubt be laughable.

don’t hesitate to shoot off an e-mail

I'm tempted to shoot off something. Advertising is a big no-no on this board, advertising an rts on an rpg website is not only bad manners but down right fucking stupid.

Re: "Dragonshard" D&D RTS announced and previe

atari_dm said:
In our new ongoing effort to expand our reach into the online community Atari is choosing to pursue a very aggressive approach in regards to interacting and creating a synergy directly with the fans.

At least be creative enough to not repeat the marketing memo your boss handed to you verbatim. It's tacky. You've got the aggressive down but not exactly the reaching out to the online community part. And this isn't an RPG, either. We talk about RTS's and other games in general discussion.

Araanor

Liturgist

Did I miss something or is this the RTSCodex?

atari_dm said:
In our new ongoing effort to expand our reach into the online community Atari is choosing to pursue a very aggressive approach in regards to interacting and creating a synergy directly with the fans.
I've got a grand suggestion if you're looking to create a 'synergy' with the fans: stop screwing over those same fans like you've done by releasing broken games and caring little for patching.

Tiliqua

Liturgist
It looks pretty, sounds potentially interesting, but perhaps you should have approached the site admin before plugging this game.

There's lots of talk about combat in the Gamespy preview but no details. Is it a click fest, is there some element of twitch required or what?

If you actually give a rats arse about the fans I hope you do more than just give us a 'press release', perhaps let one of the senior members of codex interview you?

Surlent

Liturgist
Soo, is that atari_dm some official Atari personnel ?
Were you hired to do this ?

Like StraitLacedDeviant said, kinda free advertise with all those links. :roll:

Psilon

Erudite
Hosting screenshots on someone's personal Earthlink page? No way this is official.

EDIT: Anyone remember the troll on Slashdot calling himself "Dr. Samir Gupta?" That's who this guy reminds me of.

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Heh. Either this guy is some lame Atari poser (who the heck would want to pretend to work for Atari?) or Atari is being really quite stupid not to talk to the admins before posting as staff.

I call it a 50/50 chance.

Whipporowill

Erudite
I bet he/she/it gets a free game for his effort or something... heh. But still, the game does look sort of purdy and the building strategy did sound somewhat interesting - as for it being enjoyable, we'll see.

Whipporowill

Erudite
DamnElfGirl said:
Heh. Either this guy is some lame Atari poser (who the heck would want to pretend to work for Atari?) or Atari is being really quite stupid not to talk to the admins before posting as staff.

I call it a 50/50 chance.

Hehe, notice he's got Communities Manages in his sig? I pretty much belive he's supposed to be doing what Activision's Shane Defreest is doing for Bloodlines. Mouth of word and so on...

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The got copies of NWN? Then they aren't really 'winners' now are they?

Do not bring your evil synergy here

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

atari_dm said:
In our new ongoing effort to expand our reach into the online community Atari is choosing to pursue a very aggressive approach in regards to interacting and creating a synergy directly with the fans. As many of you have heard, the exciting new Dungeons & Dragons RTS game, Dragonshard, was previewed for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con last month by Atari and Liquid Entertainment’s Ed Kaminski and Steven Parker.

Boy, did you ever pick the wrong place to post this. First off, this is an CRPG site, and this is the RPG forum for that CRPG site. What you're pimping here is an RTS which whores out the D&D franchise in order to sell more copies, probably because it's some quickie hatchet job of an RTS that needs that little boost of name recognition to sell. So, basically, that would go in the General Discussion forum.

Secondly, if you want to REACH OUT and MAKE CONTACT or something, you can just use that set of emails listed on the front page of the site and ask if we're interested in talking about an RTS(the answer would be NIEN, though, because this is a CRPG site) before you actually spam my pretty forum with this kind of thing. That's just bad form, rather rude and all that.

Thirdly, if you want to talk NWN2, we're fine with that. It's a CRPG, which falls squarely in the category of what we cover. We don't cover console games, MMORPGs(so no D&D ONLINE stuff, please, unless it's in the MMORPG discussion), or anything else that's not a CRPG.

So, basically, here's what is kosher for this forum from you in the future:

• Baldur's Gate 2 stuff
  • NWN2 stuff

What's not cool:

• D&D Online (Except in the MMORPG forum)
  • D&D RTS DREAGONSHART stuff (Except in the General forum - but very rarely because I don't think too many people here care much about the thing)
  • D&D OFFROAD GNOME RACING (No exceptions to this, ever.)
  • D&D FORGGETN RELMZ SEMENSTONED (Maybe in general, for a few laughs)

PS. More ToEE patches, please.

EDIT: Since you posted this incorrectly in an attempt to drum up business for your company on my private property, I DEMAND A TRIBUTORY PAYMENT OF $100 FROM ATARI to keep this place running.

Oh, and you can also go spam our host's forums since they cover anything D&D, and we don't. JUST THE CRPGs!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
WOW! I see crybabies. Ok, ok. So he poster on the wrong forum. OMG Why don't one of the devs move it to GD and be done with it and stop the crying, please.

As for the game. It looks pretty; but I'm not into RTSs so I doubt I'd be buying this game.

Jed

Cipher
Note to Volourn: SHUT THE FUCK UP! No one wants to hear your whining about 'Codexers critiqueing everything in sight. Saint is funny and you are merely irritating. If you don't like nit-picking and criticism, go back to the fucking BioWare boards and deepthroat Dave Gaider. NOW STOP WHIINING!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No. If you cna't ahndles' others' opinion perhaps it's YOu who shouldn't hnag here. Oh, i forgot. It's a beehive youw ant - everyone thinking the same. Yeah, ok; but still no.

There is no need to overreact because someone posted a thread in the wrong forum. LOL

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
No. If you cna't ahndles' others' opinion perhaps it's YOu who shouldn't hnag here. Oh, i forgot. It's a beehive youw ant - everyone thinking the same. Yeah, ok; but still no.
You didn't even disagree with anything, you fucking nitwit. Your insistence on repeating the same shit over and over (whining, crying, rumors, & lies) is what I'm talking about. If you ever have a genuine opinion, I'll support that even if I disagree with the substance of that opinion. In the meantime, STOP WASTING BANDWIDTH!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I personally think we should start calling them by their true names instead of using the dead corpse they hide behind.

infogrames.jpg

THERE IS NO GOD!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You didn't even disagree with anything, you fucking nitwit."

You not too bright, I see? I did disgaree with something, little one. I disagreed with the over-reaction to the thread being posted in the wrong forum. No need for overreatcion; but then again that's normal with crybabies like you.

"Volourn: you suck. Next"

Yeah. I suck your sister's dick, maybe. Don't have to bring your personal issues onto the mesaage board, ya know.

Poop: Hehe. Good stuff. :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"There's one video i don't want to see leaked onto the web."

I agree, but the other way around is a different story... :shock:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
WOW! I see crybabies. Ok, ok. So he poster on the wrong forum. OMG Why don't one of the devs move it to GD and be done with it and stop the crying, please.

The only crying we have here is your consistant pissing and moaning about what we pick to post or how we handle off topic stuff. It's okay, Volourn. I'll still pretend I care about what you think occationally. Here goes:

There, there. There, there. Tomorrow's another day. Yadda yadda. Chin up, skippy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom