Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen released on PC

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
None of the classes really require climbing, though it certainly helps vs cyclops in particular.

Dunno why anyone thinks combat isn't that good. What other action game employs status effects? The only one I can think of is monster hunter, which does it far more clumsily. This game also has locational damage to enemies, numerous viable tactics ranging from physically hampering them, outranging them, crippling them with status effects, stunlocking them, or exploiting their unique weaknesses. I honestly can't think of an action game with combat anywhere close to this deep.
Hell let alone it beign an action RPG... It has buffs and debufs like an actual Pen and Paper game! I mean take that Sawyer! It might even be more strategic than PoE

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The game is pretty buggy, the worst of which is the AI's inability to properly navigate simple geometry. You'd think they would fix that kinda thing after 4 years, but I guess not.

Sound volume is also weird soft.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I mean, they do some funny shit like hopping back and forth over logs sometimes, but generally they're really good at getting anywhere you can; especially if it could possibly be described as 'simple' geometry.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems pawns are fixed now. That was quick! Finally got a rating for my guy.

skyst

Augur
I mean, they do some funny shit like hopping back and forth over logs sometimes, but generally they're really good at getting anywhere you can; especially if it could possibly be described as 'simple' geometry.

That and they just teleport to you if they get stuck well before it would become an issue.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
wat an exciting mechanic

oblivion, a bad game, but you can throw the fan off cliffs, now is fun game

Its nice your superpowers allow you to review games without playing them. I wish I had that gift.
Oh my goodness. I must stop having opinions they sound like reviews!

The "in" thing to do is to prepend "In my opinion" in every sentence.

Enjoying this game a whole lot. I hope mods will increase difficulty though. I am playing on Hard and spent time farming Bitterblack Isle since level 15, obviously only the very start of the island at 15, the wolves, and then I gradually progressed. Got some really nice loot too.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLLOLLOL MAJOR INCLINE FOR YOU PCTARDS LOLLOLLOLOL

FIRST PCTARDS GET DARK SOULS NOW DRAGONS DOGMA LOLLOLLOL

Arthandas

Liturgist
Guys, guys...
so...
how's the story guys?
oosEsPm.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked it. I have finished the game. It has a really nice ending actually.

The only problem I have with the story is that it is kinda short. Took 35 hours or something to finish the game. Main story with some side-quests. Have to add that I didn't finish the DLC though. But by looking at the achievements it seems that I missed a lot of side-quests. Monsters and stuff that I didn't encounter on my first playthrough, even if the map is 100% discovered.

The only problem I have with the story is that it is kinda short. Took 35 hours or something to finish the game. Main story with some side-quests. Have to add that I didn't finish the DLC though. But by looking at the achievements it seems that I missed a lot of side-quests. Monsters and stuff that I didn't encounter on my first playthrough, even if the map is 100% discovered.

The DLC was the best part.

Mozg

Arcane
Guys, guys...
so...
how's the story guys?

It's fine. It's a little meta and weird rather than some kind of hyper-earnest dull Lord of the Rings movies ripoff or something. BBI apparently has an intelligible story if you pay attention but it puts me in the Dark Souls place where I ain't listening to no NPC jibber jabber because I'm jus tryna live dog

Which is weird because I'm the kind of guy that didn't get annoyed at walls of text in AoD or like Shadowrun: Hong Kong. I turn into a storyskipper in action games tho.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

The DLC was the best part.

Typical hehe

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom