Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragons Crown (new game in dev from Odinsphere studio)

Destroid

Arcane
I do love the artwork they do but this title has a real fetish bent, pretty bizarre to see in a mainstream game.

dragonscrownart01.jpg

dragonscrownart06.jpg

dragonscrownart05.jpg

dragonscrownart08.jpg

dragonscrownart13.jpg

dragonscrownart02.jpg

This game has more extreme breast animations than Dead or Alive.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The fuck.

But they're the same people that developed Shadow over Mystara right? Played that shit a lot with my brother.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This is fucking scary. Almost as scary as reading a hentai with cocks growing out of a hot woman's vagina.

Save vs Will : Success!

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I can't wait.

The style is fucking weird, but the developer makes some awesome games.

MMXI

Arcane
The sorceress is acceptable, for obvious reasons. The rest?

:what:

Peter

Arcane
Thor looking dude is great (although his right arm is bent the wrong way :M). As for the rest:

:what:

Yume

Novice
I still can't fathom how comes a group of people so obviously talented in doing beautiful artwork as Vanillaware is can become completely unable of doing something pleasant to look at almost every single time they try to draw a girl.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Nice milkers and thighs in this game.

deuxhero

Arcane
This is the Muramasa people?

Did the MIBs wipe "how to foreshorten" from their mind? Is it a new artist?

Zun and Liefeld look good compared to this shit!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I dont see why do you people complain, those are obviously male and female space marines in a fantasy setting. WH40k shit gets so much recognition here and yet... how do you think those dudes look without huge shoulderpads? Yep, like that.

Perkel

Arcane
I finished recently Odin Sphere on Vita and now i am playing Dragon's Crown. So far it is interesting. Art is weird but you should fucking see sorceress running animation:

505.gif

Overall it is kind of like odin sphere mixed with dungeon crawler. Characters have different abilities and stats and each of them plays a bit different.

Dialogs and story also seems to be ok for a jrpg.

My only gripe so far is that you can't fucking see sometimes what is happening on screen. I tried to play alone or with just one other adventurer but npc seems to join randomly in quest so either way by end of it you will be doing 4 player smash.

Inventory system is a bit interesting. When you do quest you don't get loot and you can equip it instantly but you instead collect money and get chests. Those chests contain items which your helper get to his bag.

So when you finish quest you get bunch of money and unidentified items which you can spend money on trying to see what they are.
As of stats and so on it is pretty standard fare so far for dungeon crawler.

Also game seems to be probably short because i am doing campaign quests and i plough through them really fast earning trophies like nothing.

I think max 2 player party would work better here.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Overall it is kind of like odin sphere mixed with dungeon crawler. Characters have different abilities and stats and each of them plays a bit different.

Dialogs and story also seems to be ok for a jrpg.
Dragon's Crown is a fantasy beat-'em-up, in the style of Capcom's 1990s fantasy beat-'em-ups such as Magic Sword, Knights of the Round, and the two Mystara games, but with the addition of character progression, customization, and equipment.

My only gripe so far is that you can't fucking see sometimes what is happening on screen. I tried to play alone or with just one other adventurer but npc seems to join randomly in quest so either way by end of it you will be doing 4 player smash.
For each party member slot, you can choose an option to not have that slot be filled by a random NPC appearing during a quest. The manual explains how.

Drakron

Arcane
Those replies from 2011 ...

:updatedmytxt:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom