Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Quest XI

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
What do you mean DQ heroes don't express anything, look at this gentleman scholar right here carrying his princess:

retroarch-0907-170941.png

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
don't know exacctly what you mean but there is normal item crafting in the game (normal as in like the type of DQ crafting that began with 8)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was going to get it on PS4, but ended up buying the game for $40 on PC. Main reason was my hope for someone to patch in the orchestrated soundtrack into the game.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Ill wait for the switch version. I loved playing DQ 5 and 8 on my 3DS and with the switch i can enjoy it on big screen and portable mode. Best of both worlds.

sser

Arcane
Developer
don't know exacctly what you mean but there is normal item crafting in the game (normal as in like the type of DQ crafting that began with 8)

In that game your character changed a lot based on what items you were equipping - paper doll stuff. In most DQ's you just wear whatever outfit the designers made for most if not the entire game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are a few cosmetic changes. That’s what I’ve read from impressions. Don’t want to spoil myself, so I am not looking into it further.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

In that game your character changed a lot based on what items you were equipping - paper doll stuff. In most DQ's you just wear whatever outfit the designers made for most if not the entire game.
does that mean the big boobed female party member have skimpy costume?

Jinn

Arcane
I'm glad I have so many (almost too many) awesome games to play between now and the release of this. Every time I think about it I get really excited. Looks amazing.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Ok so I beat DQ7 for the 3DS recently.

+ standard jRPG DQ style. Enjoyed it.

+ I liked the episodic format of the tablets.

+ Class system was acceptable. Basically a better version of DQ6 class system.

* On-screen enemies: meh. Don't hate them, don't love them.

* Felt like the present-era lack meaningful exploration.

- Way too many "talk to this random person" trigger. Why does talking to some old man advance the game. WHY. Just let me go as I please.

- Too much back tracking.

- Final Dungeon was... underwhelming compared to some other DQ games.

8/10

cruel

Cipher
12 days before the release, any info about performance / port quality on PC? I'm debating whether should I preorder this on PS4 or get it on Steam. Hope it will be a better port than Nier: Automata.

Vorark

Erudite
I'm on the same boat. I don't understand why they are taking their sweet time just to release the system requirements. Don't inspire much confidence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom