Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Commander Post-GamesCom Update

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Stinger said:
That was an interesting read...if very depressing. Loved the obvious stabs at Bethesda.

I don't know what he's thinking with that "people on the internet approve therefore it'll be successful and I don't need publishers yet" People on the internet are such a niche audience, it's quite a gamble he's taking there.

Still, he's got me interested so I'll definitely be following up on more Dragon Commander info.

Well, he did not say that he does not need publishers, he just does not need money up front because of previous (good) sales of DD/2/DKS. He "needs" a publisher to be able to release a boxed retail version but otherwise, people on the internet are not a niche audience - games sell well enough on Steam alone. Or do you mean something else. Either way, always nice reads and insight into the industry from Larian.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
commie said:
The guy is ok, even though he plays the 'loveable wacky indie' thing too much.

Let's face it, Divinity II was merely average with 90% useless skills, useless loot, shit dragon form, shit combat, no replay value as apart from flinging magic missiles and exploding arrows there's nothing else to make the combat less tedious, flying fortresses were shit too. Only real redeeming things was olden day style of lack of hold handing and puzzles and a bit of humor. I was initially very enthusiastic about it and was going to hand over my money, but as the game wore on it got shittier and shittier, so my purchase remained a private tracker one. Flames of Vengeance was enjoyable with the town quests somewhat.

Most overrated Codex game ever, how people defend it yet rage about Twitcher(for one) is a real mystery.

So what you are saying is that this game was so shitty that you had to play all of it? And you couldn't even be bothered to pay for it?

:rpgcodex:

Murk

Arcane
Vague comments of approval and promises of excitement over the prospective game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom