Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: Inquisition Release Date & Launch Trailer

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age III: Inquisition; Electronic Arts

BioWare's upcoming masterpiece, Dragon Age: Inquisition, has received a release date - October 7, 2014 - as well as a launch trailer:

Polygon has a summary of the trailer; here's a snippet:

Combat in Dragon Age: Inquisition seeks to merge the third-person fighting mechanics common to today's action-RPGs with a more strategic party-based approach reminiscent of earlier RPGs. A fight involving the Gray Warden Stronghold is shown, although there are still no details on the Wardens relationship to the war.

The game world is also significantly larger and more varied than in previous Dragon Age games, according to Laidlaw. Today's trailer shows some epic sweeping shots of locations such as a frozen forest with abandoned elven ruins. There is also footage of beast riding, which offers various species of mounts although none, alas, that can fly. Dragons are shown only briefly.

"We want to show people the central premise of the game, including the Inquisitor and how it is related to the Fade," said Laidlaw. "You can also see some of the great personality of the game and the scale of this open world."​

You can preorder the game from the official website, too, though I dunno why you'd want to.

hexer

Pretty corny. I dunno why but I'm getting that Jade Empire feeling. Seems to me they're stuck in a loop.

set

Cipher
http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/22/d...ance-returning-characters-and-the-open-world/

Dragon Age 2, we decided we want to try something, to try to do very different storytelling, something much more personal, something much more tightly constrained. No chosen one, no clear overarching threat. I don’t think it was a perfect success, but that was intentional.

A lot of the other changes that are perceived, the overall scope of the game or the perception of the combat getting a lot simpler or waves and things like that—not intended, exactly. That was supposed to be more evolutionary. I think we just overreached. We pushed too hard.

Because of Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition is having to be a lot more ambitious, to address those concerns and really try to get back much more to the roots of the franchise. Much more about tactical combat and a higher level of deliberate difficulty. More clear overall story, with the moral choices still in there, but much more in vein of Dragon Age: Origins style storytelling. You’re right to ask. The goal wasn’t to revolutionize the series every single time, but Dragon Age 2 forced our hand to a certain degree.

Emphasis mine.

You have to breathe barracuda watermelon air and have antifreeze as your blood to believe this mollusk secretion for two seconds. I mean, am I not the only one who can hear the interviewee talking out of the right side of his mouth as he says this brain-dribbling, insulting revisionist sewage water? I'm surprised he was not immediately struck three times by lightning on the spot for making such mindbogglingly backward untruthful statements about a game everyone but Metacritic knows is complete waste of everyone who ever worked on it's time!

BioWare, you didn't "overreach" and there wasn't a "perceived" problem of the game being fucking wave-based or simple. It was the most dumbed-down BioWare game ever made -- and it can be proved mathematically if you really want to debate this; the fewest choices, the fewest areas, the fewest specialization, the fewest halls in every corridor-based dungeon... on and on I could babble about how iphone-like the game was. Rushed out the door, riddled with plot holes and banality, there was nothing wrong with the soul of the game -- since at its most basic elements it was a lot like BG2, which many would consider to be the greatest bar none. What was wrong with how it was executed - EA and BioWare became so associated with "incompetence" by releasing this game that they shouldn't even try to defend it like they do here -- but they do, and it's clear how out of touch BioWare really is at this point, that they would try to convince us that they tried too hard making Dragon Age 2.

You didn't need to acknowledge why DA2 sucked ass in this interview though, you just needed to say, "Hey, 9 month development cycle. We were rushed. This time, we're not." And that'd assauge 98% of the idiots who buy your shit.

Dragon Age 2 is the worst game BW has ever produced and one of the most embarassingly awful RPGs of recent memory. To say the above in any official statement with a serious face... I could write paragraphs explaining why Dragon Age 2 was not only an anti-RPG, but that it was a genuinely bad, rushed game. The only thing they did do right was try a more "personal story" (too bad it was poorly executed).

Buying DA3 at this stage should be considered a mortal sin.

And because this "gameplay trailer" showed all of .2*10 seconds of "gameplay" (gameplay trailers shouldn't have scripted combat like the above and should show the UI unlike the above; can you even call the 'gameplay' we were shown gameplay?)... I am now absolutely confident its gameplay will be floaty, shitty action-based combat on the level of popamole ME3. And after having seen so much of the cast already, I can already tell 90% will be just as unlikeable as Anders in DA2.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Never forget.

Well, I did forget, but thanks for the reminder. :lol:

So, is Manson not cool with today's kids anymore or why don't they still use him? Should have made it sort of running thing.. kinda like war never changes.. except in this case it would be "shit never changes".

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh great more Oblivion Gates, eh, I mean, Breaches to close because they are really growing by the hour and will effect the game world the longer it's open. :roll:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Looks like the adopted gay child of The Witcher, the one who will invariably disappoint everyone in the family by being found in bed sodomizing the neighbors kid.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh great more Oblivion Gates, eh, I mean, Breaches to close because they are really growing by the hour and will effect the game world the longer it's open. :roll:

Gee I do hope Ill have enough time to stop and listen my companions whining how their daddies didnt love them, ITS SUPER SERIAL!

bonescraper

So, are you motherfuckers ready for the new shit?

Funny how an anti-consumersism song was used to promote a dumbed down RPG. Wonderfully ironic.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonescraper

Judging by the armor design only, it's going to be the worst game ever.

I mean, look at this shit.

maxresdefault.jpg

I knew EA is trying hard to befriend the LGBT community for quite some time now, but fuck... Those look fabulous! It's obvious who's their core audience now. Don't know if that's a wise business decission though.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I knew EA is trying hard to befriend the LGBT community for quite some time now, but fuck... Those look fabulous! It's obvious who's their core audience now. Don't know if that's a wise business decission though.

At least they're all standing like men. Although with some kind of a ballsack sore, it seems.

mvBarracuda

Augur
Was looking for any kind of gameplay footage, just saw yet another cinematic trailer.

Ahh well, Bioware ...

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

maxresdefault.jpg

That looks like a bad parody of The Village People. Just waiting for the video where they break into a YMCA song...

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

maxresdefault.jpg

OH SNAP! It all comes together now.

Arwydkn.png

hexer

Are those outfits for real or is it some sort of fan art? I mean W. T. F.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom