Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dragon Age: In the End It Doesn't Even Matter

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

RK47

Patron
Wats goin on here

It got better
it-got-better.jpg

:troll:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
You should sue them for false advertising if 'repair game' doesn't turn it into something actually worth playing.

Drakron

Arcane
I kinda wish he did Ar Tonelico 1 or 2 since I do like those games and they can be emulated more or less properly.

RK47

Patron
Wats goin on here

It got better
it-got-better.jpg

:troll:

You are a man of great fortitude to have done this series, RK. May the saints sing your praises for the work you have done.

Hey man, it's okay. I kinda enjoyed having a laugh at this terrible game. I was sincere when I wanted the refund though, I wasn't having any fun while playing the game.
But the laughs ran out at the end when they just kept flinging more bullshit and see whatever sticks.
All this great reveals in the end that supposedly make the players pause and grab their heads in shock? Didn't trigger shit.
I just wanted the game to end at that point - and that's when I knew this franchise had totally lost me.

And no, it never, ever, gets better.
People are just tolerating this bullshit for the storeh, and great characters, they claimed.
I'm surprised, cause from what I've experienced - this isn't done well at all.
All the intrigues (lol @ Winter Palace), all the character quests (lol @ meeting Dorian's father being a companion quest) are either 'come here help me kill shit' or 'come help me choose A or B'
Add the table missions on top (CK2 for Age 3 and up) and you have those great, cheap, frozen pizza experience that seems plentiful in flavors and quantity, yet never really came close to satisfying you.

Dragon Age: Badly Executed is Game of the Year for me, cause it's so memorable how badly done this game is.

Slow James

Savant
Hey man, it's okay. I kinda enjoyed having a laugh at this terrible game. I was sincere when I wanted the refund though, I wasn't having any fun while playing the game.
But the laughs ran out at the end when they just kept flinging more bullshit and see whatever sticks.
All this great reveals in the end that supposedly make the players pause and grab their heads in shock? Didn't trigger shit.
I just wanted the game to end at that point - and that's when I knew this franchise had totally lost me.

And no, it never, ever, gets better.
People are just tolerating this bullshit for the storeh, and great characters, they claimed.
I'm surprised, cause from what I've experienced - this isn't done well at all.
All the intrigues (lol @ Winter Palace), all the character quests (lol @ meeting Dorian's father being a companion quest) are either 'come here help me kill shit' or 'come help me choose A or B'
Add the table missions on top (CK2 for Age 3 and up) and you have those great, cheap, frozen pizza experience that seems plentiful in flavors and quantity, yet never really came close to satisfying you.

Dragon Age: Badly Executed is Game of the Year for me, cause it's so memorable how badly done this game is.

Would you say it is a terrible game because it is a terrible game, or a WORSE than terrible game, simply because it does decent enough things, but does them all poorly?

RK47

Patron
Ideas fucked over by misguided execution.
They're just too proud to cut away the terrible shit. Or maybe they love hyping the bloated content.
The mixed signal from the QA did the team in, you hear it all the time of ppl gushing about 'SO MUCH THINGS TO DO AND ACHIEVE!'
It's just way all over the place, the whole open world bullshit you deal with. Collecting nodes at every 5 paces is insane. Who thought it was enjoyable? It's not even quality time you spent, just endless boring tasks befitting of F2P MMOs.

Couple this with the sonar ping triggering quest trigger reveals - I thought people who enjoyed this shit should just ask for a refund and go back to F2P MMO.
But no, they're dead serious. They really, really really love it.
Just look at this quote:
I'm not sure where I place this among the DA games. Each had their strong points and detracting points in hindsight. I think this one definitely comes out on the bottom as far as combat, but it scores a lot of points with the exploration aspects, plot, and the sheer expansiveness of the experience.

Exploration aspects that mostly covered dropping a red bar of HP to zero over and over or picking up ores sticking above the ground.
A plot that revolves around you, the Chosen One after stumbling into a High Powered Demonic Business Meeting.
And the sheer expansiveness of killing X in Zone Z to earn Y.

These are GAME OF THE YEAR MATERIAL GUYS! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
It is pointless to argue with these people on these aspects.
IT IS NOT A FLAW.
THEY ARE VIRTUES!
Welcome to the BIZARRO WORLD OF RPG.
People call me crazy for loving Skyrim, but man, when I shit on DAI, you see all sorts of defenses coming out.
IT GETS BETTER STEVE
ITS A DECENT ACTION ARCADE GAME
OMG STEVE U LIKE THE GAME DATS Y U PLAY TILL FINISH
OMG STEVE UR PC SUCKS THATS Y IT SUCKS
OMG STEVE NO WONDER U HATE THE GAME, CUZ U HATE EXPLORATION
OMG STEVE NO WONDER U HATE THE LOOT, CUZ U DIDN'T CRAFT
OMG STEVE STOP SHITTING ON THE COMBAT, BIOWARE WILL PATCH THE TACTICAL CAMERA
OMG STEVE STOP USING 1000 CUTS IT IS AN EXPLOIT

AND GUESS WHAT FUCKERS?! NONE OF THEM ARE EVEN VALID EXCUSES.
I WAITED FOR ONE PATCH AND WHAT DO I GET? OH, A BOSS THAT SKILL DIES TO FOCUS SKILL APPLICATION WITHOUT BUGGING OUT.
A WATERED DOWN WORLD SHATTERING PLOT TWIST THAT HAD NO PAY OFF.
A ROMANCE THAT IS CRINGEWORTHY THAT I RATHER WATCH ANIME THAN EXPERIENCE EVER AGAIN.

GO FUCK YOURSELVES.
GO . FUCK. YOURSELVES, GREY WARDENS.
GO TO THE DEEP ROADS WITH YOUR DICKS OUT AND GET EATEN BY DARKSPAWNS.
YOU ARE ALL BOTH BLIND AND DEAF. THE ONLY MISFORTUNE IS THAT YOU ARE NOT MUTE AND STILL ALIVE!

Ninjerk

Arcane
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

nikolokolus

Arcane
*snip*

GO FUCK YOURSELVES.
GO . FUCK. YOURSELVES, GREY WARDENS.
GO TO THE DEEP ROADS WITH YOUR DICKS OUT AND GET EATEN BY DARKSPAWNS.
YOU ARE ALL BOTH BLIND AND DEAF. THE ONLY MISFORTUNE IS THAT YOU ARE NOT MUTE AND STILL ALIVE!

See, this is why I had to stop watching about 1/3 of the way through the playthrough, I could feel the icy claws of Cthulian madness reaching into my brain place and cutting, cutting, c uut tt IIIn G.

Gurrrnnrnrnnnrrrrrrrrr.................................................................................................................................................

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wait, you made a 100+ videos on that thing?
I thought you hated it

Why are you doing this to yourself? :)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
RK47 must die, that the codex might live.

His sacrifice(s) shall be forever remembered in the halls of the righteous.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Link your RESPONSE or else it's a SHITPOST

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom