Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age II Is Mediocre, BioWare Is Becoming Terrible

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>... according to <a href="http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/dragon-age-ii.php" target="_blank">Something Aweful's review</a> of the game.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Dragon Age II is by no means a terrible game. It is, however, a wildly uneven experience. Its high points are undercut by the cynical approach of its developers to appeal to as many people as possible by restraining themselves at every turn instead of picking a direction and giving it their all.<br /><br />In the years following Baldur's Gate II, BioWare has shown a frustrating tendency to underachieve. Their games certainly have all the building blocks of something special. A lot of work goes into lore, characters are presented in interesting (if not always believable) ways, and there are usually several quests or areas which stand head and shoulders above the competition. For some reason, however, the end result always feels like it's missing a level of depth, whether in character interactions, game systems, or variety of items/skills.<br /><br />I hope that the company takes a step back and examines the decisions which led to these deficiencies and ultimately this game, then lives up to their full potential with the next project. Preferably a nerdy RPG.<br /><br />If that doesn't happen, at least we'll probably get Baldur's Gate III, the Heavy Rain clone where you stop the end of the world by handing flowers to bugbears until they love you and a steamy saxophone plays.</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>Newsitem brought to you by <span class="postbody">CrunchyHemorrhoids. I hope his condition gets better eventually. </span></em></p>

Black

Arcane
Becoming terrible?
Nice to see SA boys finally catching up, maybe tomorrow they'll post news about water being wet.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Water: It's Wet - The role-playing game from BioWare. A dumbed down stream-lined popamole shit box console trash designed for the lowest common denominator.

You'll never look at water the same way again.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
DarkUnderlord said:
Water: It's Wet - The role-playing game from BioWare. A dumbed down stream-lined popamole shit box console trash designed for the lowest common denominator.

"I WANT TO BE A RIVER!"

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
DarkUnderlord said:

I just pre-ordered the "Tsunami Edition". It comes with a swimsuit, a real clams-encrusted buoy from the Northern Atlantic, a bust of Noah and a 500ml bottle of Evian signed by Gaider.

Angthoron

Arcane
Jools said:
Angthoron said:
But will it have romance?

Do you really need to ask? I mean, the whole game is about wetness...

Oh, I can already see a way they could get it for an M rating and avoid rendering the skybox...

Vibalist

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
this shit isnt funny

ivan.jpg

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
"Dragon Age II is by no means a terrible game."

Stopped reading there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom