Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age dialogues leaked!

Shoelip

Arbiter
Volourn wouldn't say that! It'd be more like; "You guys are all wrong, morons, Rooflez!"

Oh man, you need to put a parody of Volourn that we can torture to death in DA as an easter egg!

Deleted member 7219

Dgaider said:
*VD posts something humorous from the Bioware forums*

Codex poster #1: Bioware kicked my dog once.
Codex poster #2: Was that funny? The Codex is never funny.
Codex poster #3: It's not extreme enough.
Codex poster #1: I hate Bioware. Their dialogue lacks realism.
Codex poster #2: I can't tell if it's funny unless there's a photoshopped screenshot. Can you attach a photoshopped screenshot?
Codex poster #4: I'm surprised there's no hype about this yet.
Codex poster #5: But how does it compare to Fallout?
Codex poster #3: Typical Bioware romance bullshit. I hate them so much I could puke.
Volourn: You guys are idiots. Make sense for once. LOLz!

...yeah, it almost writes itself, don't it? :shock:

Actually, Mr. Gaider, the responses in this thread were either, 'Huh, VD, what are you doing', or 'Meh, I don't mind'. Not the usual Codex hive mind!

But your sarcastic posts, however misplaced, are always welcome.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jasede said:
Why is this a news-post, though? I know the Codex needs content, but why can't you - we - report something interesting instead?

How about those retro-reviews? Didn't someone have the idea of reviewing Ultima 7 for the Codex? That might make a read-worthy article.

Should I try writing a review?

I reviewed King of Dragon Pass today, which is basically an RPG mixed up with Strategy.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Matt7895 said:
Actually, Mr. Gaider, the responses in this thread were either, 'Huh, VD, what are you doing', or 'Meh, I don't mind'. Not the usual Codex hive mind!

But your sarcastic posts, however misplaced, are always welcome.

Yup :)

aries202

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
A disgruntled Bioware employee, known only as DG, has leaked some Dragon Age dialogues:

<blockquote>PC: "So which way should we turn?"
Female party member: "Well if you don't know I'm certainly not going to tell you."
PC: "What's that supposed to mean?"
FPM: "Well the last intersection we came to I said we should turn LEFT. And you led us RIGHT."
PC: "Yeah, so? We found that chest with that magical armor you liked so much, didn't we?"
FPM: "You just don't get it, do you?!"
PC: "I get that you look mighty sweet in that armor, baby."
FPM: "Pig!"
*she slaps him and suddenly they begin kissing passionately*

...yeah, it kinda just writes itself, don't it? </blockquote>Totaly HAWT! More please.

-eh- VD- this is not funny...

and there is no way in heaven or in hell that mr. gaider or mr. weekes will ever write up a traditional female character in a Bioware game, no way. All of Biowarew's female heorines from jaheria to the female captain shephard are strong, independt women with a mind on their own, focusing on getting the job done, not getting some nice suit of armor - or behaving like men traditionally percieve women to behave...

So, even if this is fake, maybe, it certainly is not funny...

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dgaider said:

Codex poster #2: I can't tell if it's funny unless there's a photoshopped screenshot. Can you attach a photoshopped screenshot?
Codex poster #3: Typical Bioware romance bullshit. I hate them so much I could puke.

I lol'ed but....
There wasn't even failure of free market and no word about oblivion...

Does codex really looks like that to outsider?

Amasius

Augur
A shame that there are no other RPG news more worth posting. But than everything that lures good old Dave into this stinky cave to defend Bioware like a noble knight in shiny armor (well, more like a smelly dwarf) against the ugly trolls of the Codex is good. I hope that his dialogues in DA are as biting as his forum posts.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
I think he secretly likes our forum more than his own.

Over here he fights tooth and nail, over there he's divinity. :o

It's good to go back to that frothing primal state every now and again.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dgaider said:

Fail

Volourn roofles

MetalCraze

Arcane
I hope that his dialogues in DA are as biting as his forum posts.

I just hope that they are not as biting as bioware's traditional black & white shit.

Though CmdrShprd dialogues bite for sure. I wonder is there any intelligence stat for CmdrShprd that if set to high will let him to have more than 3 words in his sentences.

cuthbert

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
Jasede said:
Why is this a news-post, though?
I thought it was amusing.

I know the Codex needs content, but why can't you - we - report something interesting instead?
I don't know. Why can't we? What RPGs are in development?

Fallout 3 - hot item of the day
NWN2 exp - we post occasional previews, interviews
Dragon Age - not much is known, the only source of info - Dave's posts
Alien RPG - nothing is known
Drakensang - not much is known, not interested in posting concept art and models
The Witcher - about to be released, it's been discussed to death. All that's left is to see the choices & consequences in action.
Gothic 4 - nothing is known
New PB game - nothing is known

There you go.

Should I try writing a review?
Sure, why not? I can't guarantee it will be posted though, but if it's good...

Hey VD you forgot to mention the new Master P rpg :P

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 5e4297d345

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Dgaider said:

Actually, this thread was more like, "Oh no, VD's losing it! The hive mind will collapse without a leader! RUN!"

4too

Arcane
Cutting Edge, By Design

Cutting Edge, By Design

Went to the link for the context of quoted DG's contribution,

http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewto ... um=84&sp=0

Ten pages, of - Dragon Age General Discussion -,

on "Differences between male and female NPCs".

Instigator of thread cited this link as an example of (viva la) "difference".

http://www.psychologyhelp.com/gend132.htm

A page titled: I WANT A CHEESE SANDWICH. A domestic situation, a man, a woman, the ""Roshimon"", point of view, compare and contrast. As if never the twain shall meet.

It's late in my day, and the longer I read the shallower was my attention.

tired ...

Scanned text.

Got sense of personalities and re-spinning of academic content.
Rough percentage, how much of 'psych' is - sci fi -?

Too much like nuggets of TV Reality Relationships.

Is every Bio-land thread such a staged drama?
Long syllabic serves and returns, best viewed when hyper focused,
or when the subject matter/ delivery was less
narcoleptic.

Like going heavy eyed while watching a GB Shaw play,
and only lightly listening as the bright monologues over lap,
progress into a tedious attenuated time sense.

DG's comic intervention shimmered into view about ....... page 8.

It's of cheese and marketing I wish to turn your direction.

Decades ago the dog food companies were teaching dog owners new tricks.
Does your dog have the cheese he/she craves?
is your dog getting enough cheese?
Cheese flavor was in every variety of canine consumables.
To borrow from (?) George Carlin's (/?) image of lemons and sales packaging,
there was cheese in everything, except, cheese.

So role playing games, males/ females, ---> their relationships, (whether inter- and extra- species),
are they the NEW CHEESE in marketing RPG's?

Is Bioware out ahead of the pack, ready to leap on the next best hook since ... jumping puzzles?

Is the cutting edge poised to slice and dice generous portions of what once passed as soap opera sex.

Injected between the swash and the buckling, melted over the blood / gore pathology, CHUNKY tracts of bodice ripping romance!

Unbelievers, took me a while to connect the lumps, behold, VD delivers valid, if cryptic copy.

I see the road ahead and it is paved with 'John clutching Marsha' , 'Marsha moaning: "John"', pure CHEESE!

Nosey nay sayers stand back and give Bioware the air, ..., it needs.

The leading edge of Bioware is ready to cut loose, ready to cut the NEW cheese!?!

4too

MountainWest

Scholar
David Gaider's more Codex than the majority of the Codex itself. Often witty comebacks to stuff like 'Biowhore', 'Ass age' and various, by now, tired, unfunny, I-want-to-belong-pretty-please attempts at 'extreme'.

If he only could transfer that talant to a game, the game might actually rise from 'meh' to great.

Lumpy

Arcane
David Gaider is cool for not being in Bioware when BG 1 was made. Gotta respect him for that.
But he's still a pussy compared to Chris Avellone.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It sounds like an adult sex-oriented rpg, I can only hope they go that direction. Please hire some Japanese character designer, I look forward to party with an angry sorceress that needs a rod badly.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Please hire some Japanese character designer, I look forward to party with an angry sorceress that needs a rod badly.

Are you crazy? I'm not going to play boys that look like pamela anderson and act like paris hilton!

Shoelip

Arbiter
skyway said:
Please hire some Japanese character designer, I look forward to party with an angry sorceress that needs a rod badly.

Are you crazy? I'm not going to play boys that look like pamela anderson!

:? Then don't....

Oh I see, that was supposed to be an insult of japanese character design and the fact that male characters sometimes appear effeminate. I'm sorry, it just came across as random nonsense.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Oh I see, that was supposed to be an insult of japanese character design. I'm sorry, it just came across as random nonsense.

No really, I can't understand why in every jrpg or anime there main character always acting like sad silent gayboy, his friend is always talks and talks and trying to tell jokes. And the main villain guy is always laughs and smiles and looks like gay, while his friend is always a sad moron who will fall in love with a secondary heroine anyway.

no thanks, I don't need such design

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom