Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Dragon Age 2 loses Auto-Attack

Rogue

Educated
Those returning to the Dragon Age series will see changes – beyond the visuals – immediately

Lol. Like I said in another topic, today I played DA2 demo on an X360. First thing I noticed was how fugly the graphics are. Second - how boring the "story" is. 3rd - that combat sucks. 4th - that my head hurts because I have to mash the A button like a retard.
I couln't take it for more than 15 minutes. If I had the full game then I'd play it only if I could skip all the cinematics and put combat on autopilot, as I couldn't even finish the fucking demo.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Xor said:
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Patching for XBOX will require online access correct? Online access that you purchase through Microsoft. Buy the game, forced to get online to update the game because it shipped as an alpha build.

Fucking gold!

That's not all. Patches for the 360 (and I assume the PS3) have to go through Microsoft's (and Sony's) QA department before they can be released, which apparently can take a long time. The patch also can't be above a certain size, and there are other random restrictions. So even if they manage to get the patch together in short order, it'll probably be a few months before they can deploy it.

Not sure how rigid Microsoft but sony is complete Big O(n) fanatics when it comes to releasing something on PS3...so yeah...its gonna take a while.

eloquentrave

Novice
Pika-Cthulhu said:
I think I have to concur, that DA2 is the best thing to happen around here for a long time, such a fucking amateur job from an allegedly AAA Dev being released like this, its a fucking goldmine of hilarity. The thing that brings me back to earth with a shuddering crash is, the Biofans, they really bring this entire farce into a horrifying reality shock, they love the changes, they excuse the developers, they happily eat the shit being dumped on them, and they clamour for more.

They are the new gamers, they are a reflection of what the new demographic will be targeting. The land whale sofa cows, the twilight gamers, the cowadoody kids, the new shallow generation will be the next target, and such a broad target it is. Do you know what the lowest common denominator is? 1. The ronriest number.

I find it utterly refreshing to read someone else write out what I have been letting simmer in my head for the last few years.

P.S. you forgot to mention that you're not a gamer anymore unless you have the yearly update to Madden preordered.

So.Much.Real.Talk.

Monocause

Arcane
Bio fucked up big time. Plenty of bugs on the PC from what I read. Some people can't start the game at all, some people can't install it, some people can't save their games. The last issue isn't single-core related as Bio board members have it too, some of them with duals or quads.

Electronic Arts. Challenge everything.

turul

Augur
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I too fail to see the issue. To get a true feeling of how visceral the combat is one needs to mash the button anyway.
da2ot-04.gif

I didn't get this awesome in the demo, but somehow the game reminded me to another I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I'm convinced, it's a sequel to Prince of Persia.

b016.jpg

or maybe prequel PoP looks better.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
But when you press a button in Prince of Persia, does something awesome happen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom