Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dota 2 officially launched

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Funny how it was easier to get access to the game during the late beta than it is now. People used to have tons of invites (I think i had 32) so getting one was not an issue. Even if you didn't know anyone playing the game, you could easily find places with where people would give invites through quick google search. Now the game is launched but if a new player wants to get access, he's placed in the queue. Wonder how long does it take.

flushfire

Augur
Player's dexterity is also a bigger factor than most strategy games (and its by design) so it's not like there's no merit to the question

anyway, 6025 in queue since yesterday :(

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
this is the best and worst game ever made.

dota is both strategy and tactics, action and tears.

Disgruntled

Savant
Ive avoided mobas so far. And yet im tempted to join to see the rage ive been missing out on all these years.
Should I try this or LoL?:troll:

Erzherzog

Magister
Considering the high skill cap of MOBAs (no, really) and how easy it is to reach level 30, it's more of a filter than a grind.

LoL seems to shy away from randomness pretty hardcore. DotA seems to focus alot on the carry absolutely wrecking shit. (I'm not very experienced with DotA but being that it has hard carries, no equivalent thing as an AP carry, etc. seems that way.)

Does anyone even play HoN anymore?

AMG

Arbiter
over a thousand known bugs --> spend whole beta coming up with new ways to get money from retards liking to dress up imaginary dolls --> release the game

Coriolanus

Learned
Considering the high skill cap of MOBAs (no, really) and how easy it is to reach level 30, it's more of a filter than a grind.

LoL seems to shy away from randomness pretty hardcore. DotA seems to focus alot on the carry absolutely wrecking shit. (I'm not very experienced with DotA but being that it has hard carries, no equivalent thing as an AP carry, etc. seems that way.)

Does anyone even play HoN anymore?

DotA is an extremely complex game, there are no rules or correct ways to play, only creativity/skill as the limit - the metagame with bans/picks is nothing more but a pool of heroes that teams feel confident playing. Any hero can "carry", any hero can support, etc., people innovate all the time. The more you play and the better you get, the more you will un-learn.

Unfortunately, it's also very addictive which is why I had to stop playing it a while ago. It's like WoW on crack, especially if you're the perfectionist type of person that won't stop until you've mastered a hero. Of course, once you move up in matchmaking / start playing organized matches, you then get to play against some really good players and realize you're still shit. That's DotA for you.

HoN has been a dead game for 2+ years?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So how is this incline ?

It means all those retarded dota 2 gift keys finally disappeared from my steam inventory. I had like 30 or so of them by the end.

Also, there's been a thread for this in General Gaming for AGES. It's just nowhere near as active as the LoL thread.

garren

Arcane
Patron
I don't know if players who have played in the beta are put against more skilled players in the 20 heroes restricted roster, but those sure as hell weren't new players that I fought against :D

Seemed to be more fouler than usual to boot, probably the warcraft 3 community is now moving en masse to dota 2 when you don't need to deal with the invites anymore, and hero selection is much closer to dota 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom