Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters
It's pretty ridiculous when Tobi gets nerdgasms about am creep farm, I mean why would you ever think lycan can have comparable gold at this stage in the game?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
gg

Sure, let's let AM farm all early game while he's weak as shit.

edit: oh they haven't given up yet

To be honest it wasn't the freefarm early that put them in this position, it was their inability to close the game during their strongest point, i.e. 20-30 minutes in when the AM only had bf manta and Lycan had necro 3 vlads AC. There were no RPs either.

LGD choked during highground push because they're a boring fucking farm-oriented team. It was an easy push to take too.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't remember seeing any!

On to game 3. This one was pretty boring, though I didn't think they'd fail to push with a Lycan.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
They rotated in Tusk for a gank and somehow failed, with Ember going 2/0. Then he was fed another kill. And now they're here.
3/21

still no RP wtf

My fucking god Magnus

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
these stage projections are pretty cool huh

Ninjerk

Arcane
I had to leave during game 2, but I guess Empire got dunked in game 3?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I had to leave during game 2, but I guess Empire got dunked in game 3?
yeah. game opened with Maybe's ember spirit taking a double kill. it was a loss from then on.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That courier snipe at the start was fun, but C9 was demolished. CDEC is fun to watch, and it will be a great story if a wildcard team manages to keep going even further. Also not convinced that Razor deserves the number of carry position picks he is getting, given his underwhelming win rate this TI.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Forgive me, I've been away from DotA for so long--wasn't the appeal to Razor that he could shred towers and 1v1 anything early-mid game and then they nerfed early pushing?

EDIT: Lol, English stream has been down for about 5 minutes. GG Volvo

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Razor is basically a poor mans Viper nowadays, I have no idea why C9 values him that highly. Any other team only picks up Razor if they still need a lane dominating hero that can carry a mek and Viper is already banned - except for c9.

As for the people switching in and out of the analysts desk, so far we've had Purge, Jeremy Lin (famous basketballer) and Nahaz who has now been on there for quite some time. Nahaz is some statistics or economics professor who has been doing quite a lot of stats-work behind the scenes for the past 3 or 4 years, and has broken through on camera on this years MLG. He talks way too much though, and his excitement feels kind of fake sometimes.
They probably had Jeremy Lin there for the "look at us, we have non-nerd fans too" feeling and because he's been quite supportive of the game and scene in general, visiting teams and standing up for esports on multiple occasions in front of mass media.
Purge usually does the noob-stream and as far as I recall he created that little "what is dota2" video that they showed at the beginning, thats why they had him on there for a little while.

I'd be perfectly fine to kick Nahaz off the desk again to get WinteR back but thats just one mans opinion. ReDeYe does an amazing job at hosting so far, though he made a few mistakes or got lost in his thoughts. He still seems to have prepared a lot better than Chobra.

Missed the c9 games, how much of a stomp were they?

I think Misery is a great player but that turdfuck Envy ruins everything.

Newbee got destroyed by that SB. They had no idea how to deal with him in fights, blew Winter's Curse and everything else on him while SF wrecked everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom