Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Cromwell

Arcane
You can always watch with livestreamer and vlc,no problems so far.And last i checked the games are best of two for now.

yeah, I understood best of 2 as "win two play 3 if draw" my bad. thanks

Na'vi got shitslammed by Secret, don't think they'll make top 8 this year.

EG slamming VG atm, I'm cheering for a EG vs Secret finals.

2nd time around wasn't so smooth, wombo combo play is very predictable

I don't think MVP has a chance, they have zero physical damage outside of WD ulti. BKBs win

Ninjerk

Arcane
Who the fuck is this guy speaking so quickly?

EDIT: Twitch chat is calling him RAP GOD

I love Draskyl's quip after that super fast blurb: "Sold to the gentleman in the monocle"

I don't really like play by play commentary, but I have to admit it takes a special kind of talent to do it and not sound like a complete moron. this guy isn't terrible

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Loving this resurgence of ember spirit in competitive play. I never get tired of seeing a sleight of fist instantly blowing up the other team due to careless positioning. LGD Maybe's ember play was quite absurd especially.

Also, secret and eg appear ominous when they draft defensive supports such as wyvern, dazzle, naga, etc., who all can prevent their carry's death. If other teams don't figure out an answer to this strat, I really don't see too many upsets involving these two teams.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I haven't been following DotA for months, but last EG vs. MVPH6 game the casters were questioning why WW was being banned and I just had to marvel that they wondered about that. WW's little nigh-immunity spell (still allows spells to be cast oon them?) looks fucking broken.

EDIT: Anything on the docket after this EG vs. MVPH6 match?

Physical immunity + regen, it's pretty fucking broken. Target is still vulnerable to spells, but WW usually builds a Glimmer Cape, which also gives the target +55% magic resistance. Item is crazy broken and too cheap, people usually only think of the invisibility effect but the magic resist is what pushes it over the top.

Plus, she has a huge aoe bkb piercing disable that also makes the target's entire team attack them for almost 4 seconds. Her laning is also crazy powerful because she has a nuke that also slows for 25% - which by the way is on a 7s cooldown and therefore very good for defending high ground - and a spell that gives her flying pathing, increased attack range and a DOT on her autoattack. Broken as fuck, does everything and has no downsides.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Physical immunity + regen, it's pretty fucking broken. Target is still vulnerable to spells, but WW usually builds a Glimmer Cape, which also gives the target +55% magic resistance. Item is crazy broken and too cheap, people usually only think of the invisibility effect but the magic resist is what pushes it over the top.

Plus, she has a huge aoe bkb piercing disable that also makes the target's entire team attack them for almost 4 seconds. Her laning is also crazy powerful because she has a nuke that also slows for 25% - which by the way is on a 7s cooldown and therefore very good for defending high ground - and a spell that gives her flying pathing, increased attack range and a DOT on her autoattack. Broken as fuck, does everything and has no downsides.
Released with an immortal? :troll:

She has no cosmetic items at all, got ported straight from Dota 1 without any tweaks and quickly added to CM, which is not characteristic. Just poorly thought out and too quickly added to the competitive pool.

edit: 6.84 had some balance tweaks for WW, but they were not nearly enough.

Not feeling Na'Vi at all this year, I think their drafting is ok and their individual play is alright, but unless Sonneiko gets WW and Xboct gets Gyro they seem to have no chance against the decent teams. For instance, in the game where Sonneiko's Naga transitioned into a carry they should have won if it was anyone else playing the Naga. Not to take anything away from the guy, but his initial illusion micro was very questionable, instead of running illusions past the creepwave he often left them standing tanking the creeps in place. In that situation there was no way Fnatic should have been able to get close to Na'Vi's base. But props to him for having the presence of mind to actually transition into a carry role since Xboct can't do shit on Razor.

Some fights they play very very well, like the first game vs Fnatic, truly some impressive stuff there, but they're very inconsistent. I think Dendi is a little obsolete at this point, needs to farm more. Artstyle is pretty good but he's not as aggressive as he needs to be in this meta as a 5 position. But worst of all I think Funn1k doesn't have an impact the majority of the time.

I'm liking the games so far, but some heroes are trending ridiculously high, like Tusk, Undying and Gyro. Gets a little tiresome after a few matches.

I especially dislike him now that he has that ridiculous laser cosmetic for his Q. It sounds annoying as fuck and looks stupid and out of place. So much for the visual integrity of the game (which used to be great before all these shit items started rolling around); TF2 all over again.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That IG vs MVP game 1 was possibly the most entertaining of the past two days.

Not often one sees such a comedy of errors in competitive play that Roshan ends up killing multiple carries.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Fnatic v. LGD last game was really good.

Can't wait to get out of the stages where everyone is still holding their pocket strats.

I honestly don't think there will be any new pocket strats on the level of secret's techies/tusk; I do think that more teams, especially EG, will bust out the core Naga though.

I think this year's carry pool is really limited - LAN tournaments are always susceptible to trends. Something that's really surprising to me is the overall lack of Slark, but perhaps that's because Bloodseeker is so popular right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom