Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Ninjerk

Arcane
wtf

polo

Magister
I saw the tree aghs in a competitive game not too long ago, was fun. Don't remember who was playing it, someone like puppey or notail. Prob. in that captains draft tourney. It surely is the prettiest aghs no doubt.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Had a sweet, sweet carry enchantress game just now:

9012015enchantress.jpg

Well, it's not like I was a carry, it's just that I had midas and made a lot of good kills, so eventually I was 5-slotted & stuff. The game was rather hard, though, because our lanes were beyond retardation. Y'know, I'm not against buddies playing with buddies (irregardless of what the game does demand), but at least they could've warned the rest of us - so I've picked ench thinking it's razor or sniper mid, remaining one top with the lion, tide solo bot and I'm in the woods. Instead, razor & tide go hard, snipe sucks at mid (dude was horribly green - he autoattacked creeps, pushed the lane, had to came close to the huskar and husky punished him like there's no tomorrow; surprisingly enough, he died just once but spent a lot of time running back and forth from the base), lion is solo top and I'm, well, still woods. I've bought glove of haste first and decided to rush midas no matter what - dunno, at the skill level I play, all that ganking ench stuff doesn't really pay off. You get zero support from everyone else so you end without kills and without farm. And, well, past 10th minute or so those creeps become not half as useful as they are so if ench is not farmed, she's nigh useless.

Therefore, I think at low skill level it's much safer to just afk farm woods until you have midas and something else. For me, that else was Armlet of Mordiggan - I think that, if you go for the fast 4 points in heal and the untouchable, it's pretty cool. The heal aoe is too small to heal your teammates in teamfights (especially when lich's ult & spirit demand that you are well spread out) and for the ench alone it's pretty much an overkill, so Armlet kinda negates that out. And, well, I had it at the 13 minute mark and, at the time, 1k hp enchantress looked rather solid. Then we fought for a while (ravage was really helpful here so, despite being at 5k gold disadvantage at 10th minute, we've fought evenly or slightly won, coming back slowly) and, thanks to some kills & midas (there was some action in our woods so it was a 7 minute one - with some luck, you can have it at fifth minute with ench) I've gathered aghanim & hex and half a bloodstone at the 40 min mark. Now, they had 4 bkb, but in an uncoordinated pub bkbs are not half as good as they are in the pro matches so we've managed to kite them out, somehow. Past that point, we began to win fight after fight and I made a killing there, gaining 3 slots in the last 20 minutes of the game (finished bloodstone, butterfly and, finally, skadi - 3200 hp enchantress with 19 charges, lol). The only downside was that Kunkka went afk at minute 53, but I dunno, at that point we weren't that far ahead them, but they still lost & lost & lost. So I dunno if that mattered.

Anyhow, carry enchantress is pretty sweet if you have some ulti to tie your foes down, giving you time to throw some impetuses (like the ravage here) and if your opponent wants to engage in the mobile, spread out battles. She was also devastating against that Kunkka build - he haven't bothered with his attack speed so, when he tried to attack me with his natural 196 speed or so, it got downgraded into 60 (that, what, 2.5 seconds per hit?). Fun times.

Ninjerk

Arcane
LGD's draft right now is probably my favorite thing ever. Jugg-Lion-Silencer-Brew-Lycan vs. iG's Drow-Bat-Morph-VS-WR

Greatness

Cipher
That Drow aura synergy is pretty ridiculous. Not only did it make their dual offlane really strong but it ensured Morph dominates mid and Venge can easily zone Jugg by herself with the additional damage.

Greatness

Cipher
Pretty disappointed with this "Asia International" so far. It's a fucking LAN why do the players have to deal with lag. :|

polo

Magister
Danke.
So kuroky is relegated to support, at least i hope rtz and s4 will share mid, not rtz all the time. Maybe kuro and zai will switch between off and support sometimes?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Zai going HAM on HR. AA has gotten like 2 or 3 really good ice blasts on him and he keeps getting away.

Luckra

Educated
Danke.
So kuroky is relegated to support, at least i hope rtz and s4 will share mid, not rtz all the time. Maybe kuro and zai will switch between off and support sometimes?
I hope so. Both can play like beast on specific support heroes so it would make sense depending on the draft. If Zai can get his signature WK, WD or Visage I hope to see them. But then again in the last Secret game Kuro played the Visage (beautifully). I didn't know Zai was this good with Puck, easilly one of the best performance on the hero in a while.

polo

Magister
Yah, he's always been good on it, but this time he played s4 level puck lol.

Greatness

Cipher
I kinda feel bad for notail (he's prob my favourite player), but damn is the new Team Secret really fucking good. Still undefeated in DAC, around 12-0 so far I think.

Secret is playing amazingly well tbh. Also Vanskor redeemed on Na'Vi. This has been an interesting tourney so far, but there are too many games in my opinion.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
What's up with our favourite jew, fly? Did he quit competitive doto?

Not sure if that's true, but I read somewhere that he was going to invest himself more into krav maga (apparently, he's also good at that). I bet chicks dig that more than Doto so you can understand him, I guess.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Team Secret undefeated masterrace

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom