Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Got 3 shit games today too (all as a LC because I play nothing but LC recently, love that girl though she's a bitch to play without a stack).

210814crap1.jpg

Was solo-harding against a dragon knight and a jungle batrider (who was a total crap, though, and was lvl 2 5 mins into the game). I've done fine (was something 20 last hits vs the knight's 40, but I survived one ganking attempt from the pugna and stole 4 big creeps from BR). But our bloodseeker and lifestealer were much worse - BS was lvl 5 at 9 minutes and went force staff first (without even brown boots!!! - he bought fucking boots at 20 mins or so), ghoul had 15 last hits.

Despite that, we've managed to won a lot of early team fights and were, like, 19-4 at some point, but lost because this team totally refused to carry tp scrolls and dk-druid-pugna totally split-pushed us - we wipe 4 of them at the mid, DK takes our top at the same time. But then, considering how underfarmed those shits were, it's not like they could've done anything (and I was either dead after team fights or out of mana and with the duel on cooldown).

210814crap2.jpg

This was painfully predictable - dude random picks meepo, asks if somebody wants it, no one does, decides to go for it anyways. Obviously, his playing manner is ctrl+a and right click. He also absolutely refused to attack everything that I dueled, so I duel a guy next to him and he goes for another targer. Yeah.

BTW, I started in the jungle, but was forced to go top as the legion just couldn't solo there (well, predictably so). He fed them first blood, but after I came we took quite a bit of kills (with the help of qop rotations) and all was fine until that Meepo took most of the farming space and I couldn't do shit (got my dagger in, like, 30 mins). So yeah. Jugger also gave zero fucks about me already having vladmirs.

QoP, btw, was playing more or less fine through the game and was the most butthurt of us, calling us all retards, but then, I spotted the 0 minute rune (regen) at the bottom and I pinged the fucking thing thrice, with the interval of 30 seconds. And, after taking a heavy exchange with the pudge, that guy went to check top! Fucking top! We had a ward there! So, obviously, pudge was fine and healthy and qop was with half health and mana, so yeah.

210814crap3.jpg

And I'll finish my shit trilogy with this beautiful game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't went blink dagger, but I just didn't feel like I would accomplish much with it in the game - furion was catching up tinker quite well (and without my help) and in the teamfights they had just too many ways of screwing the duel.

Anyhow, the game started like absolute crap for us - my 4 guys all went mid to gank the tinker and failed miserably. Invis Lina just couldn't land a stun on him, but I dunno, I watched the replay and they all were behaving so bad that it's hard to push the blame on anyone. Lots of time lost. Then lina came bot (where I was standing vs bane & jugger), didn't do anything useful, didn't place any good wards vs enigma, tried to last hit creeps, fed the juggernaut the first blood in an extremely stupid manner and, when I started to throw the duels, he kill stole from me with the fucking laguna (like, ulting the guy who will die in the next swing when there's still lot of dueling time). Basically, made everything shit for me (and I was even outhitting the jugger). And, of course, in the end the retard flamed me for being useless, horrible, etc.

Leshrac also did nothing on top vs weaver (I went hard because the Furion asked for the jungle and, well, we had nothing else that could've stood hard, and farming lesh can be ok), but he flamed Furion to infinity (who wasn't great, but wasn't horrible - he sniped their chickens at 3 mins or so, he had 7-43 midas and he was quite adept at ganking the tinker). And, having looked at the replay, I'll say that those loudmouths shat all over the game - always missing their skills, running into some shit teamfights, etc. Yet they were the first to flame. God, I hate such fuckers.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you should buy desolator on LC.
and crit rather than something like vlad cuz a crit counter-attack will heal you right up.

Pope Amole II

Developer
and crit rather than something like vlad cuz a crit counter-attack will heal you right up.

What I hate in this thread is these useless advices.

First, if you want some -armor, cuirass is much better - LC has all the attack damage she needs and what she really lacks is armor and attack speed. Not to mention that in that game everything was farmed by the jugger & meepos so I really lacked the space to farm it.

Second, I dislike the vladmirs on the legion, but I took it against the banshee's ult. And just as something you can farm in-between dying (which I did plenty in that game).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

What I hate in this thread is these useless advices.

First, if you want some -armor, cuirass is much better - LC has all the attack damage she needs and what she really lacks is armor and attack speed. Not to mention that in that game everything was farmed by the jugger & meepos so I really lacked the space to farm it.

Second, I dislike the vladmirs on the legion, but I took it against the banshee's ult. And just as something you can farm in-between dying (which I did plenty in that game).
What I hate about this thread are people who suck at the game and dismiss good advice from people who are - and know - better.

1. Deso and Cuirass stack. Get both.
2. Lifesteal and Press The Attack makes up for early shitty armor values. Basilius isn't a bad item until replaced by Plate, but getting a full Vlad is usually a waste.
3. If you plan on getting Armlet you don't really need Basilius either.
4. Attack speed? Press The Attack lasts about as long as a duel.

But go ahead keep on losing your games newb.

Coriolanus

Learned

Crit doesn't work during the duel, though.

LC is a sick, sick mid hero. Laning her anywhere else (or jungling) is a waste, IMO.

Coriolanus

Learned

Pope Amole II

Developer
But go ahead keep on losing your games newb.

Lol.

Why the bracer stacking?

Why people buy 2-3 wraithbands on the bloodseeker? It's the same rationele - early combat totally defines your game and bracers are the cheapest way of boosting your power there. In the end, you're not supposed to farm creeps - lc is all about farming heroes. Sure, it delays your dagger, but bracers make you not so useless before the dagger arrives. Generally, I do that build when jungling (as bracers also speed that up significantly), but in this case early game was meh so I did it anyways.

She can get so much damage I can't help but think you'd be crazy not to get crit just for outside dueling.

Can't agree with that - you're all about mobility and/or survivability. Crit is nice, but it doesn't cover your weaknesses.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Some guys were having a retarded MMR discussion in Wagamama's chat and I started a copy pasta that got a bunch of people banned lol
LMAO Gosuq. You make that up? Your MMR rising or lowering is almost exclusively winrate. There are a couple of other factors in there including comparitive MMR on the other team, etc, but you will always go up a the EXACT same rate that the other team goes down. KDA, Tower DMG, etc don't do *** for your MMR. LMAO. Did you actually ever read the articles Valve posted about MMR calculations? Please no copy pasterino cappachino al pacino

I copied the one guy's argument and just appended the "no copy etc."

Pope Amole II

Developer
what mmr do you play at anyway

Baby, do I look like a tryhard to you? I play unranked because I can't be bothered to put in the hours required to do decently in the ranked. I know the theory pretty well, but it's fucking stupid to spend the time to make it work, unless you're having a chance to earn money from it. So, before you start waving your e-peen around like a flag, tell me, honey, how much do you earn monthly from dota?

And, BTW, I play decently for my shit-tier level. Here's a game from just now:

220814crap1.jpg

I stayed solo-hard against a sniper-lion duo. I got somewhat too cheeky with my soul ring spam and fed them a kill, but apart from that I outfarmed them and forced them out of the lane. Without any kind of supports. Here I'm dueling slark to his death. Blink incoming in a couple of minutes.

The thing is, though, we've had a solo-mid disruptor vs the tinker, who did pretty much shit, obviously (what's worse is that I've been matched a second time in a row with that retard and he was as bad as in the first). We also had a jungle sk who, instead of ganking and shit, was farming his agha for the first 20 minutes. "I'll farm agha and then we can push" to quote his words. Predictably, he landed, like, 1 epi out of 6 or 7 in the following game and on a solo hero. And we've had farming rhasta+pudge top. Rhasta did more or less well farming (got agha+refresh early enough), but failed to place good double wards even once. The game was still even (because the enemies were also meh), but my team just made a shitload of bad choices.

Now, were some of those bad choices mine? Have I made some bad plays? Probably. I'm humble enough to admit that, when it comes to the manual performance, I'm a low skill player and, well, I don't care to train enough to become high skill. What's the point? But I've still won my fucking lane and could've done good in the midgame if only sk wasn't farmfesting, if only pudge weren't so underleveled, if only we had good wards, etc. Your regurgitated pro advices mean shit in games like these because even those streamers suck an infinite length of a dick once they get paired with such teams (which, thanks to the 5k accounts costin what, $20? are aplenty)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meh man you should try stacking, at least then you know how competent or more often incompetent your team is. Solo dota is hard mode to the extreme.

polo

Magister
I like doing morrigan->dagger->crys->deso->daedalus on her. Can't lose a duel even without armor because insane damage.

Coriolanus

Learned
Baby, do I look like a tryhard to you? I play unranked because I can't be bothered to put in the hours required to do decently in the ranked. I know the theory pretty well, but it's fucking stupid to spend the time to make it work, unless you're having a chance to earn money from it. So, before you start waving your e-peen around like a flag, tell me, honey, how much do you earn monthly from dota?

This attitude bothers me. Why play a competitive game at all if you don't try to win, or at least get a little bit better, or at the very least pretend you tried?

It's just like any sport.

Have you tried having a <insert any team-based sport> match with a partner with that kind of 'I'm here for fun, get out of here you tryhard!' attitude?

curry

Arcane
H
First, Viper-> I think it should be nerfed

2nd, Earth Spirit-> I can't find any good strenghts about this shit.

You're deep in the trench. Earth Spirit is one of the strongest heroes in the game and Viper most certainly doesn't need a nerf.

curry

Arcane
Got 3 shit games today too (all as a LC because I play nothing but LC recently, love that girl though she's a bitch to play without a stack).

You should get Power Treads for the increased attack speed and you most certainly don't need a Soul Ring because you shouldn't have any mana issues unless you waste your mana like a dumbass. :lol:

Pope Amole II

Developer
Meh man you should try stacking, at least then you know how competent or more often incompetent your team is. Solo dota is hard mode to the extreme.

I have a stack of russian schoolkids, but my only real connection there is my second-best friend and she's currently away from the internetz. Not to mention that playing in stack is another kind of shit in my opinion - see, in this thread I'm kinda raging, but it's mostly for lulz. I'm actually quite calm about that all because, uh, it's a game with no stakes. Who cares? But all the stacks I've witnessed, when they lose (and loss is inevitable even for the best) rage like there's no tomorrow. I dunno if that's a human nature or if that's bad example set up by the streamers (because they love dramatic rage and people, especially kids, monkey that shit), but it's a game of constant and immense butthurt. Which gets rather annoying, tbh. So I find it more enjoyable on my own, I guess.

This attitude bothers me. Why play a competitive game at all if you don't try to win, or at least get a little bit better, or at the very least pretend you tried?

Lol. I'm good enough for the unranked level, I just can't be bothered to train hard enough for the MMR level. High mmr, anyways, but if you go for the low one, what's the difference from the unranked?

You should get Power Treads for the increased attack speed and you most certainly don't need a Soul Ring because you shouldn't have any mana issues unless you waste your mana like a dumbass. :lol:

Look, another pro in the thread!

Threads vs phase is highly arguable. Both have their merits and it's a matter of matchups, lanings or even tastes. Staying mostly on hard, I prefer phase simply because those 16% save your life at times.

As for the soul ring - that's just ignorance. Unless you're staying in the jungle and maxing your passive, you absolutely want to max out Overwhelming Odds first. It has a crazy damage potential in the early fights, especially against non-disciplined players. And it's the only way to actually win the hard lane as the LC (especially solo LC) - buy soul ring asap and just spam Odds twice per minute (which, combined with the press the attack, costs you no life and just 30 mana per cast). It's especially good against melee carries as they just can't come close to the creeps without taking good damage into their ugly mugs.

It also can help you jungling a bit - you do the press-odds combo against the camp to kill it much faster. Or you can stack large camps gradually with the soul ring (because lately I go for the 4-1-1-1 build even in the jungle - early fights are just too vital for the LC and odds is your main strength). Like, in the dire jungle - odds at the 53, go kill mid camp, go kill maybe another mid camp, odds at the 53 and so on. Try doing all this shit with your normal 1 mana/sec regen.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Lol. I'm good enough for the unranked level, I just can't be bothered to train hard enough for the MMR level. High mmr, anyways, but if you go for the low one, what's the difference from the unranked?
Unranked still has MMR.

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Can anyone explain me why are ppl so super butt hurt and super defensive when it come to their gaming skills in moba's? And while i am ranting I must say that my observation is that the worst kind of faggot as lowlife nerd fucks tend to play moba games.

And one last thing to add, playing fucking dota got me brain cancer and made me a racist...

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Because it is the in thing right now, 10 years ago it would've been people spouting about their twitch skills in Quake or CS.

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Nah, i have never seen so much rage, butthurt, and trolling as in moba games... Guess it comes to being a 5vs5 game and nobody ever takes the blame...

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Remove CDS' good name from this thread, we have nothing to do with this autistic action figure battle game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom