Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Treads on PA are underrated, everyone goes phase automatically but there are benefits to going treads; PA is very weak early on to magic burst and having treads definitely helps with that. It's a common misconception to think that the attack speed is wasted because of the AS buff she gets after blinking - although the recent movespeed nerf on treads made it considerably worse imo. Doesn't affect her as much as other heroes.

The crit works off of PRD, so until you hit the AS cap fully buffed there really isn't any reason to be shy about getting things like treads, maelstrom, etc. given how powerful they are.

You should never be shy about getting a maelstrom on most heroes since Mjollnir is absurdly good.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Treads on PA are underrated, everyone goes phase automatically but there are benefits to going treads; PA is very weak early on to magic burst and having treads definitely helps with that. It's a common misconception to think that the attack speed is wasted because of the AS buff she gets after blinking - although the recent movespeed nerf on treads made it considerably worse imo. Doesn't affect her as much as other heroes.

The crit works off of PRD, so until you hit the AS cap fully buffed there really isn't any reason to be shy about getting things like treads, maelstrom, etc. given how powerful they are.

You should never be shy about getting a maelstrom on most heroes since Mjollnir is absurdly good.
I don't disagree with that, but I can't think of an A-speed item that one should stay away from on PA necessarily. From what I've seen people like to bitch about getting AS from boots or w/e "because 2nd skill" but with PRD you're guaranteed a crit by something like 12 attacks.

curry

Arcane
28b6zbc.jpg

158 Meepo games, 61% winrate. Can't get enough of this hero. Still learning.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Thats a good hero to learn actually, getting pretty popular in competitive scene lately too.

I managed to win one game playing him, was for the compendium challenge.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
28b6zbc.jpg

Did you see the recent Fnatic game with that standin kid playing Meepo?

No. I don't watch pro games much because the stuff they do rarely works in public games.

Well Notail/Xcalibur rush aghanim into dagger on meepo and it definitely would be viable in pubs. Not to mention how you can learn to properly farm jungle with meepo. I've seen 120lh by 10-11 min.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Might be worth watching if you can get a hold of it in player perspective. The kid ended up with something like 800 cs in less than 120 minutes.
28b6zbc.jpg

Did you see the recent Fnatic game with that standin kid playing Meepo?

No. I don't watch pro games much because the stuff they do rarely works in public games.

Well Notail/Xcalibur rush aghanim into dagger on meepo and it definitely would be viable in pubs. Not to mention how you can learn to properly farm jungle with meepo. I've seen 120lh by 10-11 min.
813 Last hits in 55 minutes.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/729151693

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
I hope none of y'all are scummy Phoenix pickers.

Not since it was nerfed into the ground. I played a lot of Phoenix when he first came out. Was awesome now he is way worse and I hate all this dps dependence.

I still think the hero is super strong. It can last hit with birds from an absurd range and by level 2 you're very hard to kill.

Edit: This patch has rekindled my love for Tidehunter, with Kraken Shell you're super tanky and Anchor Smash makes last hitting really hard.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Nothing is always viable in pubs. You cant rush jack shit if some asshate decides to farm the jungle for you, or just be super ultra helpful by blocking your own camps with wards.

My motto for pubs is to have as many backup plans as possible. If you can't win in lane, be able to jungle, if you can't do that either, be able to gank, if the enemy is overlevelled, by able to split push, or farm ancients, or solo roshan.

If you rely on just one or two of those things it'll inevitably be ruined by an awful teammate actively fucking you over somehow.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
On that note, playing Wisp on pubs is impossible.

Nah, Wisp in pubs is all about having right priority. It's all about playing to grief, not to win. Subtly, though - no intentional feeding, even some occasional good moves (so they gain some hopes), but then it's crash & burn. Lots of burning, yeah.

Not that I do crap like that. Really.

G a R M

Novice
Nothing is always viable in pubs. You cant rush jack shit if some asshate decides to farm the jungle for you, or just be super ultra helpful by blocking your own camps with wards.

My motto for pubs is to have as many backup plans as possible. If you can't win in lane, be able to jungle, if you can't do that either, be able to gank, if the enemy is overlevelled, by able to split push, or farm ancients, or solo roshan.

If you rely on just one or two of those things it'll inevitably be ruined by an awful teammate actively fucking you over somehow.

That's a good idea. It still amazes me how terrible some people are at the game--like people who last pick Void or PL after the team has like 3 or 4 carries already...I can understand that type of shit when people are new, but I still see people do that when they have like 1000 hours played.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I played the Starcraft II version of DOTA once. I wandered around and died a lot.

Deleted member 11480

Since mid june, 28 matches with KOTL, two defeats. The first one because our stupid Wind went 0-6 and decided to troll the game, the other was an 80 mins match with both ancients having less than half HP by the end. And this is not even a "look, I'm good" post, on the contrary, I don't think I do anything out of ordinary with the old guy, except that I really enjoy very deep wards through their jungle and this helps the team quite a lot. The point is, being a normal to good Keeper apparently is more than enough for a bunch of free victories, enjoy it until something's changed.

His blind is so good it's heavan, if it interrupted channelings too I'd say KOTL would be the best support in the game for pretty much all situations

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Keeper is super good and definitely underpicked by pro players but I think that he needs some kind of stun to be considered "best support". He also cant heal his team until aghanim or mek so theres that.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Umm, keeper has a stun. Mana leak is quite awesome, actually, and it's a shame you just don't have enough xp going on to get it relatively early in the game (well, maybe if you make a couple of early kills and rush for a midas). Heck, if I had the skill (and the stack), I'd even consider radiant middle KOTL for teh lulz - in combination with friendly support who will stack up hard & medium camps so you can get a money/xp boost from that.

It's the biggest thing that riddles me about this TI4 deathball push debacle - why no one have even tried taking a KOTL? He's, like, the best hero against this kind of crap - take a 400-500 in your face and gtfo. Not to mention that his aghs is simply ridiculous and I hate the people who go "aghanim on kotl? but it's shit!" Delete dota 2 forever, plz.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Keeper is a perfect hero for anti creep push but current meta does not rely heavily on summons instead using DP ghosts Pugna blast SS wards Veno wards and Lesh edict Razor Aghs ult which more or less ignore the blast. Unless you hit heroes, theyre squishy enough to care.

Granted I do think Keeper should be main anti push deathball pick.

I also know that mana leak stuns but it is not reliable enough.

polo

Magister
I love Kunkka, mid, support, i just love it.
Ok, there. I said it. Go Kunkkaaa!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom