Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
sucks that i refuse to play anything but CM, so i wont see these guys for about a year

eat more donuts gaben thanks a lot

:salute:

abija

Prophet
AM has a 5 second blink and manta and cleave and all of that in 20 min. Ember has his ult with a max of what? 3 instances? With long cd compared to blink. There is no competition here.

Besides ember is stronger early game and quickly losses his power once his magic shield isnt as useful as before.
What kind of argument is that? Ember farms faster than AM given the same conditions and his ulti is much much stronger at escaping than AM blink providing either of them is allowed to use it. All you need to do is place a port point behind before advancing.

And he doesn't instantly become useless if laning phase didn't allow farm for 20 min bf/manta (or w/e you chose for him).

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
He's probably trying to cast the remnants as he uses ult. People fuck up all sorts of shit on the new heroes.

The main problem with Xin is that he doesn't do well 1v1 compared to most carries, but he makes up for it with his farming speed, escape mechanisms/utility (like tping to well and then ulting back after a team fight to keep pushing, which AM can't do) and most importantly his AoE and overall damage output. As long as the rest of your team can handle single strong heroes, Xin can handle the rest of the enemy team. You don't pick Void to go with a melee team, don't pick Xin without some solid single target rape buttons like Bane.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
After some reading on Legion Commander gotta say I am especially impressed by her ult - duel mutes almost every important skill allowing LC to actually win the duel solo. Like it can solo Ursa (no stacking dmg) or PA (no crit or evasion) or Naix (no lifesteal).

When I played Dota 1 people used to try to jungle Legion, you guys think its viable? Especially with the nerf to his passive and jungle changes.

LC really looks like shes got solid skill set. Two attack setroids, aoe nuke, good base ms and a ms buff, life steal, debuff removal and the ability to shut down some of the most annoying heroes in the game for nearly 6 second. Now how would you build her and what position to play? I'm thinking that it would work well as a secondary carry that roams and ganks early, possibly mid or taking the farm in a duo off lane. For early items probably phase boots to make us of that base ms and as buffs and continue into an armlet, with bkb and heaven halberd all being viable continuations. For an orb effect desolator might be nice since most item attack modifiers are disabled during duel but the armor debuff will linger if you attack at least once before.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
She DESPERATELY needs a gap closer so either blink dagger or shadow blade. Maybe force staff. Other than that armlet phase/threads into deso should work just fine.

Blink is actually a really good idea on Tresdin. What a beast hero, snowballs out of control pretty easily.

And yeah, jungle is still fine, she's not very fast at it but you can do it. I'd assume level 6 at around 7 minutes if you get some bad spawns like Ursas early on.

xantrius

Liturgist
Does anyone know of a good Hand of Midas guide. I've tried the item one Nature's Prophet a few times and it seems to give quite a boost in mid and late game, and off-hand it would mostly be viable on a Jungle hero. Though I've seen teams where three heroes picked Hand of Midas, guess I don't know the various heroes well enough yet to know when it would be good to go for the item.

Does Legion Commander's "Duel" ability pass throw Black King Bar? That duel ultimate sure is annoying.

A general guideline for Midas is, if you can get it early (before the 10 minute mark, preferrably around 6-8 minutes), and if you don't expect huge pressure from the enemy team in terms of pushing, it's a good item to secure your lategame farm. It's so popular now because in public games it's difficult to coordinate proper pushes and punishing greedy builds like Midas is not trivial.

Heroes that benefit from the attack speed component of the item are obviously prime candidates for it, but really, you can get it on anyone and make it work, more items in the lategame never hurt, no matter what hero you are. In broad terms though, remember that going Midas delays your proper, fighting items that much longer, so if you're getting pressured and the enemy team is competent, you might regret it. Doesn't happen often in pushit games though.

Yes, Duel goes through BKB, and disables many passives. It's a good spell.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
The proper way to play LC is to jungle straight for a blink dagger before even boots, get your ult, and use it as if you were pudge with a blink to gank a side lane and get a free kill. edit- actually this was proper before the jungle nerfs. I haven't tried it since Dota 1 so a long time ago.

I'm so glad Bristleback got buffed. He's been my favorite hero for years, despite generally sucking.
Protip: i go orb of venom + brown boots + urn (or medallion if someon else wants urn) + mekanism + power treads
Think about how much slow orb of venom + 1 stack of snot is for how cheap it is. i buy it on almost all non hard carry melee heroes who don't have iinherent orbs. ogre magi, beastmaster (who also has boar slow, so similar situation), etc.
His INT growth is very high and his skills don't go up in cost so after the first few levels he gets a big pool of unused mana, and mek is one of the best defensive items. Vanguard isn't terrible but why get that when you could get something so much better

Vanguard and Mek cost similarly. Vanguard gives you +250 health, damage block (which scales negatively with damage, so after the early game it is only good against creeps and towers), and some regen. Mek gives you +5 all stats (a lot of people forget about this), +5 armor, regen, and +250 health AND +2 armor to all nearby allies and yourself. It's just better.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
6.80, fat patch with two new heroes (well, "new": Terrorblade and Phoenix) and event (chines new year shit) just went live. Whee!

Last edited:
Phoenix model looks awesome. Terrorblade is the standard need 100 items carry, not too interested. He was a good pubstomper in Dota 1, but people didn't know how to push back then.

Nugs

Learned
Probated
'DotA had it’s first (alleged) real life death. In what can only be described as bizarre and sketchy, a 16 year old in the Philippines is in custody after it was alleged that he stabbed his 11 year old “friend” to death in an empty construction site.'

'people are actually coming out of the woodwork to blame the game. There have been calls on the ABS-CBN news (the local Philippine TV station) Facebook site to ban Dota and/or gaming in general.'

http://www.elitemonster.com/columns/diving-dota-rage-game-people/

Ninjerk

Arcane
Marking this one. If I have to get alerts for LoL because I posted there once I might as well get these, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom