Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

abija

Prophet
Damned Registrations: Huskar is now the ultimate snowball hero, if he gets just a slight out of hand and you don't have a strong physical damage dealer game over.
I think it's a ridiculous change because he's now quite worse than before in late/proper games and generates extremely retarded pub games if he happens to be fed just a bit at the start.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Too bad he can't be anything other than utter shit if he isn't snowballing. If the enemy ever has equal farm to you at any point in the game you're utterly fucked. He's also way shittier as a mid hero. It's not like the old huskar ever died to spell damage anyways if you were halfway decent. If you can't kill a fucking Lina/Lion before your BKB wears off you must be farming like 200 gpm in a 40-10 game.

The bug fix for Kunkka is pretty cool, apparently torrent is supposed to deal its damage over 11 instances instead of 1 single blast as previously done. So this means it will remove a full max rank refraction from TA as well as being capable of completely removing treeents living armor as well in a single hit. Makes him very strong if these two heroes are picked.

Cromwell

Arcane
lpmm's such stupid bullshit, go afk for 5 mins get some pussy pizza come back win game and get 2 days of lpmm.

any game that bans/punishes its players for such terrible reasons is shit

Kill game process, get pizza, reconect. if you really need more than five. also "hey team, need pause 2 minutes please" works not very often but if you ask for 2-4 you may get the 40 seconds it takes them to cancel all pause attempts by your team.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah shield looks like shit, probably shittier on larger heroes but I liked Barrowed Time. Subtle enough to bait noobs :)

Wondering his voice and barks.

Cromwell

Arcane
What does one usually do against abadon? The shiled seems to have some effect on the people as in they dont try to iniate because of it. If they do they try to focus him down and that will, even if it works, cost many time. Is it possible to disable his ult with silence or only with doom?

and btw the shield loks good on my rubick, but then again everything looks better when rubik uses it.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I don't recall Abaddon really having any hard counters. He's just a very tough hero, like Timbersaw or Omniknight. At least during the WC3 days.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
He is hard to kill but then why would you kill him? He has a small heal and a small shield to help, otherwise is useless. For those any silence works, wouldnt waste doom tho.

Silence Abaddon and focus the carry, as always. You dont focus tree because of his armor do you?

Any big enough single hit will kill him before his ultimate activates such as a big crit or laguna blade. Axes culling blade will even kill him if the ultimate is active, if the hp threshold criteria is met.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What does one usually do against abadon? The shiled seems to have some effect on the people as in they dont try to iniate because of it. If they do they try to focus him down and that will, even if it works, cost many time. Is it possible to disable his ult with silence or only with doom?

and btw the shield loks good on my rubick, but then again everything looks better when rubik uses it.

Axe or Doom works but as Zed said he is just tough. Any silence effect him good too.
Just dont attack him when he uses his ulti and try to disable his shield with purge.

Cromwell

Arcane
Tried a few games now against him as pa. You're right, it looks intimidating with all his shielding shit and ulti but bottomline, it just costs time to kill him, hes no real threat. at least not in the idiot bracket where I play. Although myteammates love to give him at least 50% of his hp back when he pops his ult.

Last game some team thought it would be a good idea to use him (with armlet and heart) as a meatshield against our fountain, and they got all wiped out. they lost a game which was essentially won for them just because instead of taking rax they thought it would be great to snack a few kills and hes unkillable.

Damned Registrations

Like any sort of invulnerability, his ulti is best used against teams with a lot of AoE. They can't really avoid wasting the spells on him (especially a lich/veno ulti) which will give him free heals, and in all likelyhood in the heat of the moment someone will think getting 3 people in the AoE is better than 2, even when one of those 3 is immune/going to heal/reflect/whatever.

Unless he's the team carry (in which case you've made some serious mistakes, since he can't farm THAT well and scales poorly so your own carry SHOULD rape him) you can safely ignore him. Silences are nice. Drow or DP being good ones especially, since their AoE is probably going to snag him along with whoever he's trying to heal/shield.

Coriolanus

Learned
He used to be a pretty strong mid.

Extremely frustrating to lane against as a support, he'll shield the creep you are about to last-hit so you'll both miss the last-hit and take massive damage.

Unfortunately his ultimate is kind of weak, and the passive isn't very good unless you're snowballing. He is an early aggression/ganker hero who loses a lot of presence later in the game.

flushfire

Augur
So apparently Dota 2 eats 3-8x more bandwidth than wc3 dota, because my thirld-world internet can't keep up with it. I thought it was just my shitty connection because I had no problems during its off-peak hours (less users, faster) but after some looking around I found out setting Network Quality to low in game options reduced the bandwidth being eaten to about half and I'm now able to play without lag.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Can anyone tell me why do I keep getting these bloody useless cards with gook nerds on them? Is it my punishment for playing this game or something? Well if valve is trying to tell me something about stopping playing this then matching me with russian snipers is probably a far more efficient way of doing so.

The least they could do is add some topless asian women cards, then maybe at least they would be aesthetically pleasing. Bloody useless nonsense.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Can anyone tell me why do I keep getting these bloody useless cards with gook nerds on them? Is it my punishment for playing this game or something? Well if valve is trying to tell me something about stopping playing this then matching me with russian snipers is probably a far more efficient way of doing so.

The least they could do is add some topless asian women cards, then maybe at least they would be aesthetically pleasing. Bloody useless nonsense.
yeah they've tuned down item drops and added these stupid-ass card drops instead.

Damned Registrations

Nah, people write up p

That's got to be scripted. Either that or the prank caller was extremely fast-fingered with queuing up AM's next response.

Nah, people write up programs so they can just hit a button and get the voiceclip played back. It'd be easy with one of those. People do prank calls with judge judy or schawzeneggar too.

This ones was pretty great though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"SEARCHING FOR THE DOTA 2 NETWORK..."

Dammit I want to play some DotA. What's this shit.

EDIT:
nevermind, restarting steam fixed it. ^_____________^

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They did something to match making that makes team composition 'closer' in level range. The drawback is it seems to take five times as long to find a match now. I'd usually just do co-op vs. bot and now it takes at least 10 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom