Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sorry I need extension cause I'll be drunk and/or hungover for the forseeable future. But I'll be back soon and then Agartha's gonna

KoolNoodles

Arcane
sqeecoo talks a good talk about being worried, but he's had this in the bag for a while. Who cares about Lanka doomstack when Agartha doomstacks are marching on all the remaining thrones? That is to say, Isiloon go for that throne, siege it down and nullify it. Will take as much time as it takes Agartha to take a few thrones here, and then go for the cap. Or do both. Prolong this, and Agartha can fall with AC up and going all in right now. Heck, who knows, hold onto your cap and army......and maybe you win in the end. ;)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
sqeecoo talks a good talk about being worried, but he's had this in the bag for a while. Who cares about Lanka doomstack when Agartha doomstacks are marching on all the remaining thrones? That is to say, Isiloon go for that throne, siege it down and nullify it. Will take as much time as it takes Agartha to take a few thrones here, and then go for the cap. Or do both. Prolong this, and Agartha can fall with AC up and going all in right now. Heck, who knows, hold onto your cap and army......and maybe you win in the end. ;)

SILENECE!

You cannot control me, I only have one wish and that is...

to RAZE AGARTHA huehuehuehahahahaAHAAHHAHAHHAHA

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I think you have one turn Isiloon. :) Nothing went as planned(or I messed up, some wrong orders), credit to Agartha.

Also these blood globals....a bit underwhelming. Not a single doom horror sent, barely any devil assassins, and they suck anyways(that battle script, so much fail. You are a flying demon with paralyzing poison you fool!). Maybe does some damage against human nations, but who knows.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I havent looked at the turn yet, but i gotta say that AC was extremely strong, costing me hundreds of gems in boosters and such a a ton of gold, as well as making my pretender totally cippled.

But yeh, looming hell is poor against agartha - mercuries and magma children, the mainstay of my army, have infinite morale, and my standard leaders are surprisingly capable of killing the troop+devil since the devil doesnt fly (?). Also its kinda easy for all nations to just not have troops under the imortant commanders (or mindless bodyguards) and avoid assasinations. But AC, fuck that thing is powerful!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
sqeecoo requested an extension until Tuesday over the weekend, so I'm gonna bump this back 24hrs. Gotta get those scripts right mang, it all hangs in the balance. ;)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sorry for the extensions my friends. I had some computer issues that crashed while I was working on the turn a couple days ago. Needless to say that was demoralizing, but new graphics card and new vigor! I'll send it in after work. :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, that was completely ridiculous. Pictures don't really do it justice, but I'll try!

The army of Lanka, or like a third of it:

QFkzCus.jpg

It's not just chaff tho, there's plenty of dangerous sacred E9N9 Assrapists and various other sacreds mixed in, all rushing in with mass flight on turn one (perhaps sending just the sacreds in on turn 1 would be better, but soulless are undisciplined). There's also a large thunderstrike communion and several very strong casters (Mandeha, pretender, D6 Heliophagus).

My force, surrounded:

yjn66u8.jpg

Surprisingly, I didn't mess up my positioning and my casters were actually almost completely protected from the flying undead on turn 1.

Lankan damage on turn 1 from the flying alpha-strike was low since the undead chaff took up most of the room and they don't do all that much.

Here's the situation after the Undead Mastery cast on turn 1 (Lich with Crystal Matrix, Eye of the Void, and Spell Focus with 4 matrixed communion slaves):

WRzZ6Hn.jpg

Judging from post-battle numbers, about half of the soulless horde was controlled (3.5k). There was a second Undead Mastery cast supposed to happen, but the guy cast Skeletal Legion instead, dunno why. But Army of Lead is conveniently cast after Undead Mastery, affecting all the turncoat undead and making them tougher than their former compatriots that had Mass Protection.

All the newly-acquired undead provide the perfect distraction for Lanka's casters, who spend their time thunderstriking their own fickle minions:

vkY3ojH.jpg

After a couple of turns the horde thins rapidly and HP routs. I had some spells scripted, Cleansing Water and such, but I think the Magma Children did the most damage with their fire attacks and Fire Shield (against fire vulnerability from Mass Protection):

20160614004015_1.jpg

Final tally:

qW6fpE5.jpg

1GC7SQl.jpg

oLUn5CS.jpg

Looks like I earned myself 3.4k undead :D

Isiloon, that was a unique experience :salute: My pretender was supposed to be there to cast Rain of Stones too, but he got eaten by horrors on the way.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
My pretender was supposed to be there to cast Rain of Stones too, but he got eaten by horrors on the way.

Well at least they are still doing something to help me, bastards. :lol:

I don't know how many Doom Horrors my Pretender has killed, but it's probably 6+. There are four globals attached to Papa Noel, they should try harder!

sqeecoo

Arcane
My pretender is immortal but dying every turn to horrors he can't shake because he's immortal. That's some Planescape:Torment shit there!

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yea I pretty much had a feeling something like that would happen, noway you would try to brute force the doom stack.

Normally the damage I would expect to come from the communions rather than the undead, but the undead would prevent retreat to non fliers and attack mages if there's any room, which there wasn't unfortunately.

Magma children are the worst thing to fight against with souless, undead mastery is a massive pain in the ass and theres only a few ways for Lanka to deal with it, but in this situation non of those methods are available to me.

Owell GG

Edit - well played sceecoo

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Magma children do nothing to fire resistant units but that may be a bit hard for lanka and their fire vulnerable elites.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yea I think the fire res battlefield spell is level 9 and it's earth magic, so I can only cast it with my pretender, belphego and maybe /illearth

In this instance I had my pretender, but didnt have the research.

Next time, next time, you will all feel my power.

:ziets:

What I could have done that I should have, was communion a few undead mastery casters and dump more magic gems on the battle than Agartha lol, however thinking about it I dont believe I had 9 in anything

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I wonder how that would have worked! Interesting idea :)

Btw do you Malakal or any other veterans know why my second Undead Mastery cast that was scripted didn't go through? The gems were there, the enemy undead were there, he (and the slaves) had enough fatigue to cast - the guy just cast Skeletal Legion instead. Not sure why.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Btw do you Malakal or any other veterans know why my second Undead Mastery cast that was scripted didn't go through? The gems were there, the enemy undead were there, he (and the slaves) had enough fatigue to cast - the guy just cast Skeletal Legion instead. Not sure why.

I should find again the posts that explain this, but the script is merely a "suggestion" for the AI. The spell AI assigns a value to every spell, and if scripted the value goes up to +1000 or something. After the first casting, it's possible that the weird scripts assigned an higher value to buffing your newly enlarged army (spell AI has a hard-on without end for troop buffs) and decided to buff them instead of following the script because now Skeletal Legion had an higher internal value.

Dominions!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Check the usual, gems, fatigue, paths. Maybe some slaves died or something.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sorryyyy I'm somehow never getting around to doing the turn! I won't lie and say it was impossible, but I truly didn't have the time to do it enjoyably. Tomorrow, I hope!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Well I completely fucked that up sqeecoo and for that I apologize....from a competitive standpoint. That's what happens when you postpone for no good reason, and then something actually important gets in the way. :lol:

And yet.....you didn't win? Well, next turn then. :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
In case anyone cared sqeecoo won by throne victory after a couple battles and a couple stales by yours truly. :)

Not that I had much of a chance looking at the end graphs. Even with virtually permanent Astral Corruption, Looming Hell, and some other defensive globals, was just too far behind. Well done! Played a good diplomacy game and good end game, whereas I did not, and suffered through many wars because of it. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom