Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

KoolNoodles

Arcane
He's got hundreds of all the Agarthan national summons and a castle in ~90% of his provinces.

I try not to look.

tumblr_m2lv5c2QYr1rry5evo1_500.gif

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah but the 1000 penumbrels you get are under your control.

Its umbrals and penumbrals and the numbers vary, I've seen 150ish I've seen 300ish. Its a nice army but at this point in time hardly game changing.

Agarthan cap also gets a site generating D gems and spreading death scales.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've seen 150ish I've seen 300ish.
I am sure it is 133 lesser umbrals-or-whatever-their-name and 67 the big ones. Also, excepting the 5D gem-gen site in the capital it casts global darkness for 2d6 turns.

No, its not set, you get a number of units that depends on, I think, capital population at seal break.

Also forgot about the darkness effect, yes its also there.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Well, this game is over. Even if Mictlan, Lanka and Niefelheim join together, it's too late to stop the inevitable. Good job, guys. Love it when we let people win games without a fight.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Not too shabby:

20160331162918_1.jpg

Dom4 crashes a few turns into the battle so I don't actually know what happened, but I still learned a valuable lesson - if you put your troops in a line and then cast mass flight, they will still dutifully walk to the enemy instead of flying. Which actually turned out well for me here since the frost fiends kept targeting the cold-resistant penumbrals, at least in the first few turns I can watch :)

Elsewhere, my pretender is horror-marked to insanity, but interestingly enough him dying to horrors and resurrecting in the capitol due to being immortal didn't cancel the global he cast. Agartha also seems to have become a popular destination for illegal immigrants:

20160331170636_1.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Is someone trying to force Sqeecoo to cast the Break The Seal Spell? With no population inside, it would be interesting.

And the battles need videos of 'em. The Golem one should have been glorious.

(And we are getting near the point where I will be forced to eat my own words to admit that Grimwulf has no longer the game in his pockets. That loss had to hurt).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Is someone trying to force Sqeecoo to cast the Break The Seal Spell? With no population inside, it would be interesting.

And the battles need videos of 'em. The Golem one should have been glorious.

(And we are getting near the point where I will be forced to eat my own words to admit that Grimwulf has no longer the game in his pockets. That loss had to hurt).

I will try to record and then upload however many minutes of the Golem killing 1-3 people at a time until the Lanka army routs.

I could only watch it once, and I got up to make some tea, it took too long.

Edit: It's almost 13 minutes on mostly full speed. I'll upload it to youtube overnight.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I don't know what happened, but a while back my mouse stopped working for moving around/zooming in. I thought it was a windowed mode thing, but doesn't work in fullscreen either. The keys seem much more clunky. :rpgcodex:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Awesome battle KN! Too bad you didn't kill any ass-rapers. I'm starting to think that one of the main powers of SCs is their ability to stand waaaay back and avoid almost all spells. Gives me a new appreciation for range 100 stuff.

I'd show my battle too but as I said, my game crashes after a couple of turns. Actually, perhaps I should send the turn to Dayyalu? Do you want it? But you have to post the battle if it doesn't crash for you :D

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Awesome battle KN! Too bad you didn't kill any ass-rapers. I'm starting to think that one of the main powers of SCs is their ability to stand waaaay back and avoid almost all spells. Gives me a new appreciation for range 100 stuff.

I'd show my battle too but as I said, my game crashes after a couple of turns. Actually, perhaps I should send the turn to Dayyalu? Do you want it? But you have to post the battle if it doesn't crash for you :D

Thunderstrike is range 100, which is why I had some resist on the golem(not enough, but I don't have air mages that stay alive to horrors). I just assume the AI wouldn't cast because of friendly fire. If he hadn't used mass flight, then who knows? Maybe the golem gets hit a few dozen times by thunder strikes and the battle ends after a few rounds.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh, right! So that's why the AI didn't cast it? I didn't even know it took that into consideration! It even ignored the script due to FF? Very interesting. Learning something new all the time :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Oh, right! So that's why the AI didn't cast it? I didn't even know it took that into consideration! It even ignored the script due to FF? Very interesting. Learning something new all the time :)

Not sure if it was scripted, but that army was flinging them around the past half dozen battles it had against conventional armies(no mass flight was triggered against those smaller armies). So I assume it was a friendly fire thing, so the AI casts buffs like mistform/aim(maybe those were scripted anyways, makes sense), and then switched to the air conjurations because evocations were written off.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah there isnt a ton of good single target spells I can cast at 100 range and my army was scripted to fight another big army - ie mass flight turn 1

simply assuming that something like that wouldn't happen, though I am not sure what I could have done besides having a mass of blood slaves and spamming hellbind heart, not sure if even that would have worked - any suggestions?

Well done KN that was probably the most spectacular man vs army battle all game, he came pretty close to dying right at the start and I thought that they would simply kill him - but like earlier with Niefel's giants..

when its an SC I really need the undead to just fuck off and let the sacreds fight, because they use up all the adjacent spots and then the guy just out-regens the 4-5 guys who can hit him - this let me down in both situations.

In other news.

Agartha had similar problem on a smaller scale, when all those wolves did no damage and just gave Mabakiel more hp

nhGCj5P.png

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah there isnt a ton of good single target spells I can cast at 100 range and my army was scripted to fight another big army - ie mass flight turn 1

simply assuming that something like that wouldn't happen, though I am not sure what I could have done besides having a mass of blood slaves and spamming hellbind heart, not sure if even that would have worked - any suggestions?

Well done KN

Unfortunately things like Hellbind Heart don't work against mindless. And many other single target spells don't work against lifeless. Spamming Opposition/Frozen Heart/Incinerate/Disintegrate and hoping to break MR/resistances could work but are also limited by range unfortunately.

Golems are tricky to dispatch in the right situations because they have a lot of built in "counters".

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the only thing I really have to counter what you did is disintegrate or not having undead mixed with demons, unfortunately disintegrate is outside my research and your golem can cast teleport so ..

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
bad-customer-service11_large.jpg

Ring ring

Hello Raktapa speaking

This is a phone call from Davana, I have orders from the chief to destroy everything we own so the infidels don't get it

WHAT?! But we still have an army, we can get all the Dakinis and Rakshasas and kick those bastards back to Mictlan

No we will not, the Dakinis are busy conscripting the population for war, you will obey or you'll be sacrificed instead of the blood slaves, do I make myself clear?

Y-y-yes.. but

NO BUTS, JUST FUCKING DO IT FAGGOT

Phone slammed down

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Yeah, the only thing I really have to counter what you did is disintegrate or not having undead mixed with demons, unfortunately disintegrate is outside my research and your golem can cast teleport so ..
Just build your own teleporting, golem hunting squads. It's so simple!
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom