Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Armageddon Edition

Choose your denstiny.

• Total voters

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah it was forbidden, mistake there I guess.

The Ogre with heroic toughness bleeds to death from a scratch, now I've seen everything. :o

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
My apologies, I forgot that rule.

I do believe it's a bit GG at this point anyway - that throne was pretty much insignificant, no gem gen and the bonus it gives was irrelevant - the dom spread was the most useful part.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron

I do believe it's a bit GG at this point anyway - that throne was pretty much insignificant, no gem gen and the bonus it gives was irrelevant - the dom spread was the most useful part.
it gives blessed troops darkvision, so - like I said totally irrelevant, but yea my apologies for capping it

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It triggers darkness events and your troops will get an advantage for several turns.

But as I mentioned theres simply no point in playing when 3/5 of my team is stalling or dead. Noble Bretonnia fights on but what can he and me do...

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
All the good guys are either dead or fighting a losing battle, as soon as Wood elves are done I will expand and help finish off high elves if they aren't dead by then..

at the same time I have 500+ gold to spare every turn and I'm feeding it to my allies like Slaanesh, so even if he's down to 1 fort he can still build pretty much max units and the dwarves aren't really winning that war long term

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yea I agree, I think we should call it GG

OP chaos nations win!!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Im surprised you didnt get a real bless considering that you get awesome recruitable sacreds, a shitload of sacred demon summons that cost nothing and on top of that spells that bless ANY unit.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Im surprised you didnt get a real bless considering that you get awesome recruitable sacreds, a shitload of sacred demon summons that cost nothing and on top of that spells that bless ANY unit.

We had an irrational fear of low MR vs all your astral heavy nations and it was a cheap bless. We mostly dumped points into scales, because across the board chaos troops are very good anyways.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

We had an irrational fear of low MR vs all your astral heavy nations and it was a cheap bless. We mostly dumped points into scales, because across the board chaos troops are very good anyways.

Cascades dont care about mr anyway, pity no S nation went for them...

And yes, your troops are way stronger than what order gets. Especially dwarfs, no idea why theyre so expensive, mm1 and ap like 4-7, right, that will surely work.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron

Thats what happens when you have a democracy, I was in favor of a fire bless - but citizens of chaos gods thought we already have heaps of damage and we were limited on other blesses by pretender/disciple choices

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Uh how about imprisoned Baphomet with F9S9B4? Still leaves decent scales. Granted Id ditch S9 all together in favor of a strong bless. Demons dont fear banishment anyway, it does too little damage.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
IF you guys want to surrender, would anybody be up for another WH game? Switch up some of the nations? Re-draft teams or just switch sides? Change it to throne victory, etc.?

Dayyālu

Arcane

Apologies accepted, yet this is rather poor etiquette.

I believe claiming thrones was forbidden? What now?

Well doesnt matter really, since half my team is stalling I dont want to continue it as its a waste of time. Can I forfeit this?

As is this.

You have both the password and can ask for subs, extensions and the like. Saying "I don't want to play anymore, I'm out, let's end the game" like that is kinda childish, truth be told. All the Order players agree with this? Have you even asked your team mates?

IF you guys want to surrender, would anybody be up for another WH game? Switch up some of the nations? Re-draft teams or just switch sides? Change it to throne victory, etc.?

Sure. Start a new thread.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Who am I supposed to ask, the stalers? They obviously dont want to play.

Also Im out of any disciple games in the future, its pointless.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Who am I supposed to ask, the stalers? They obviously dont want to play.

Also Im out of any disciple games in the future, its pointless.

tumblr_mdcr78s7N51qh1g19o1_500.gif

Sure, sure, whatevs. Lizardmen stales a single time and it's all out. Should I shoot KoolNoodles that staled five times, yet he's still quite clearly in the game? If you don't want to play, ask for a sub and give the leadership to someone else, if you lack the skills and the will to organize the team.

Whatevs, whatevs. If the majority wants to quit it, I'll obey the will of the people.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I don't really care. It's not like the turns take a long time for me :lol:. Kinda sad to see HE and LM stale, as they aren't dead. Also kinda ironic that it was coldcrow who said he didn't need 72hour turns anymore then immediately stales :D.

Anyway, I don't mind, keep playing this with a decent sub or start a new WH game, as the races are quite fun. If you can't find a sub just set me up as the HE too or something.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I don't believe this game is worth continuing..

If we start another one - I'll play if it's an FFA sign me up as Tzeentch again, or if someone wants to play Tzeentch I can go ogres

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I don't believe this game is worth continuing..

If we start another one - I'll play if it's an FFA sign me up as Tzeentch again, or if someone wants to play Tzeentch I can go ogres

FFA could be fun, yeah. And I recommend Ogres, though I never had enough blood slaves(even bloodhunting just about every province). Also, they start starving with barely 40 in a province, even with heaps of hunters and kobolds foraging for scraps.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I guess everyone interested already posted opinion here, we wrapping this up?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I guess everyone interested already posted opinion here, we wrapping this up?

Seems so.

As the Order Powers are on their last legs, bar the Lizardmen and the Dwarves (both a testament to the resilience of their ancient races) I guess it's good to declare Team Chaos as a winner of this game. Let us hope that the aftermath of this universe is less stupid than the proper timeline.

Congrats to everyone involved!

tumblr_n1labtQAum1tt9hyyo1_r1_1280.jpg

There was a sad lack of Empire in this game

So, up to others to organize the next one. I liked the Disciple model a lot (less time wasted for diplo, more for proper battlefield strategy) but if no one else stands up I'll take the role again to organize the next one and check the preferences. That said, I need a guide for two-three things:

+ How to make a single package of all the mods, to avoid the ten-packeted abomination that we employed here;

+ We need to mod the Skaven, and remove some of the OP crap they got in. 'cause Ratmen are cool as fuck, but gemgens are a HUGE no;

+ Has someone got Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Editing the races shouldn't be too hard, at least not if you are just removing some abilities and lowering some magic paths.

As to merging the mods, the easiest thing would just be to zip up someone's mod folder and make everyone else use that folder (copy save their personal one if they are scared of something happening).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Eh. Bretonnia has no mages, Skaven have all the paths at 5. Khorne troops upgrade to bloodthirsters, elves have 8hp and at least 20g cost. Dwarfs map move 1, chaos god nations summon sacred demons for peanuts. Ogres get blood summon for commanders at blood 0 for cheaper than LA Ulm gets.

Yeah, balancing this would take some time and effort...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom