Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Play By Email - Game Complete!

Mraston

Learned

I'm keen to get a large long term Dominions 4 game together.

Who is interested?

2 day turn time limit, as many players as we can get.

We may as well use http://www.llamaserver.net/

Be a God or Goddess and sign up.

Here's the Nation/Username list for Diplomatic communications;

Abysia - Mraston
Atlantis - Dayyālu
Caelum - Anhur
Lemuria (aka Unexpected Nation) - raw
Midgard - Berekän
Ragha - KoolNoodles
C'tis - KCR
Bogarus - LongDongSilver

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I bite. You would probably do well by avoiding a disciple game. The last one on codexia (I know of) failed.

Mraston

Learned
Yeah, not a disciple game I was thinking just a straight up vanilla Dom4 free for all.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
We did a Disciple game on here and it worked fine, the other team just surrendered super early after getting punched in the face a few too many times.

Mraston

Learned
So we've got four players. I was thinking of putting a thread up in the Desura Dom4 Mutliplayer forums to get some more players, or are you guys happy with four players?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
We did a Disciple game on here and it worked fine, the other team just surrendered super early after getting punched in the face a few too many times.
Shameless lie :nocountryforshitposters:

Getting a disciple game started takes too much time for us lowly padawans.

So we've got four players. I was thinking of putting a thread up in the Desura Dom4 Mutliplayer forums to get some more players, or are you guys happy with four players?

I'd just wait a few more days. I could also relay messages to the players of our former successful (but disrupted due to a bug) codex game.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yeah, I think we can get a few more players if we wait a couple days

Mraston

Learned
OK, I'm ambivalent towards them, how does everyone else feel about thrones?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hmm, thrones are pretty much the accepted victory condition in most MP games. The bonuses given out are mild for the most part and not game changing. It gives something to strive for and creates conflict where otherwise there might not be. It's the difference between capture the flag/king of the hill and just plain old deathmatch. It only adds to the game.

I'm in favor of thrones. The game is called THRONES OF ASCENSION.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Hmm, thrones are pretty much the accepted victory condition in most MP games. The bonuses given out are mild for the most part and not game changing. It gives something to strive for and creates conflict where otherwise there might not be. It's the difference between capture the flag/king of the hill and just plain old deathmatch. It only adds to the game.

Explain why KotH is better than "plain old Deathmatch".

I dislike thrones, because they add another random advantage to some players (placement, buff to sacreds).

Mraston

Learned
Alright, I think we got a couple more players.

Let's start in 48 hours. I will set up a Llamanet server.

I'd like to play as well. What map are we going to use?

We will be using a default map, I will pick it once I work out the exact number of players we have, which I think is 6.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Explain why KotH is better than "plain old Deathmatch".

I dislike thrones, because they add another random advantage to some players (placement, buff to sacreds).

I somewhat agree with your concerns, but every nation has access to at least some sacreds, and most of the buffs are negligible, and the placement argument could be used for unique sites, or farmlands, or choke points on random maps, or......

Mainly the randomness ties into why I prefer thrones and "alternate" game play/victory. I've been playing variations on deathmatch since I was in diapers, so anything that breaks that up I'm going to be biased towards. Dominions is not chess(vast swings in nation difficulty/ability), so I like the chaos.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'd like to join too. I support Thrones: been ages since my last Dom match, but I'd like to try the new victory conditions.

Standard questions:

Age? I'd suggest going for Late Age. Bit of Decline never killed anyone.

UW and "peculiar" nations (Ermor, R'lyeh) are kosher?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Nothing wrong with underwater(in LA that's basically just R'lyeh though, at least at start). Problem with the domkill nations is that you are pretty much going to be targeted and killed ASAP, probably ganged up on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom