Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
At this point the only thing that can take us down is too small hosting interval. This time no key choices, because I was the last one to submit my turn and had to ask for extension already.

OKAY, a few more things to say:

1. Chars get property via Royal Edicts. I'll try to make it in such a fashion that you'll have to make all decision about your provinces yourself. There's gonna be several fun features on that, but right now we only care about distribution. Royal Edict has to bear Royal Seal to be legit.

2. I don't really plan on roleplaying commanders of other players. Or maybe I'll send them the pics first, so they could approve - it all depends on hosting interval. But sice Jeanwulf (TC player) doesn't really care about rp part, I figured I could do it for him,

Unfortunately this war looks like more of stalemate for now, you're only bleeding each other dry for no gain.

Have Faith.

As long as I'll get a fancy hat and boots once I'm recruited (assuming Bogarus survives that long Blam! Heresy!) I'll be a happy camper.

You will, I just don't need combat casters right now. A bit later, when I finish researching stuff or TC becomes a threat.

Edit: also, experimental Helheim-style warcries comeback. Not sure if I like them here or not.

Last edited:

Got bored and left

Getting abducted by (presumably) blood magic wielding fanatics - can I sense some tasteful mind rape in my near future?

Love the Royal Edicts idea! This LP only keeps getting better, you really put a lot into this. Mad props, my man.

Royal Edict has to bear Royal Seal to be legit
So... are there going to be fake ones? Oh, the intrigue!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So... are there going to be fake ones?

Probably.
:M

Actually, I wanted to say that you have to own the Royal Seal in order to make dem Edicts. The Seal is currently held by Patriarch Alexej.

The seal itself was made in the Hall of Elders, and bears several enchantments. Any Starets can easily recognize a fake seal when he sees one.

V7oLlFn.jpg

The red substance is 90% wax, 10% virgin blood. Anybody dabbling in blood magic can smell the fake no problem.

kJvpVFA.png

The ribbon with national colors (red and blue) is made by a famous Bogarusian master tailor, from scratch. Nobody but him knows what material is used as a dye.
1ewAFWN.png

There you have it. Need a new Royal Edict - gotta get the Royal Seal first. Autismus maximus.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Ok then, let's roll with warcries.

Also, edited both Decrees a bit (added the title of a Knyaz). Knyaz (Prince) in the context of Bogarus is basically a landlord. Get filthy rich and influental @ Die to a random assassin!

Next turn is nastier, though. So prepare for COMPLICATIONS.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Man this is awesome.

I'm slightly butthurt I'm not the super cool Jagreen Lern but that's ok, he signed up first. Maybe I get the next Khlylsy and can give him a nice stump-bump.

Warcries are great! I'm happy to be Slav Enough to understand the curses :D
And fuck it, I can't believe you won that battle. If you feel like it, I'd be happy to read some out of character battle analysis.

Andnjord

Arcane
So prepare for COMPLICATIONS.
Huzzah!

I'd be happy to read some out of character battle analysis.

That too, I'm sure routing the Ancestors Vessels was part of your MASTER PLAN, and I'd like to know how. Except of course if those sinister servants of Bu'Ti (somehow Amrav had more charm to its name +M) lurk these hallowed forums and you don't want to reveal it to the enemy.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Maybe I get the next Khlylsy and can give him a nice stump-bump.

Next Angel is mondblut, but you can be the third one. They do have a problem - old age and a high chance of having an affliction right from the first turn. Jagreen Lern was limping from moment he was recruited. It means that he has a chance of dying any turn from now.

If you feel like it, I'd be happy to read some out of character battle analysis.

That too, I'm sure routing the Ancestors Vessels was part of your MASTER PLAN

Nah, you think too highly of me. I was basically hoping that my incredible morale combined with shitton of archers and several powerful priests (Smiting, Sermons of Courage) will lead me to morale victory.

Let's count bonuses:
- 2 from Inspirational trait of Iyul (1 native + 1 heroic ability)
- 1 from Leadership of Iyul (spearmen in line formation lost this, but others didn't)
- 1 from native dominion
- 1 from Sermons of Courage
- 1 from average experience level 1
- 1 from Styags

5Tp03nk.jpg

We had comparable morale with TC forces, but greater numbers (considering PD) and more squads (separate morale checks). Also, TC player never changes his formation, always placing cavalry on right flank. You might notice that all my commanders (Smites and Bleeds) are standing there too, ready to wreak havoc.

Besides, it's not like Ancestors Vessels have some kind of immunity to arrows and bolts. And we had a lot of these from army and PD.

Except of course if those sinister servants of Bu'Ti (somehow Amrav had more charm to its name +M) lurk these hallowed forums and you don't want to reveal it to the enemy.

I'm sure they do, as well as several other players. Who cares, though? At this stage I'm pretty sure I can beat TC. Seems like the player never played this nation much.

I'm also sure I will lose the damn pbem now, because it's nearly impossible to win LA party if you drag yourself in first year war. First year rushing makes absolutely no sense in LA, and only ensures defeat of both participants in the long run, all thanks to lost momentum. But hey, who knows what might happen in supposedly rp-cenric game, right?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm far from an expert, but shouldn't it be wAifu and Nya?

Hey, idk, I jes quoted what the guy posted in his own thread.

OKAY, next chapta takes way too much space, so I have to split it in two parts. Part one incoming naw; part two will most likely follow tomorrow.

Glory to the game host for changing interval to 96 hours!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 12
PART 1

5ShEJjx.jpg

ueKED4U.jpg
Scouts report that another T’ien Ch’i army is approaching.

WHBzsbi.jpg
Damnable cocksuckers. What is your name?

ueKED4U.jpg
Topolevsky.

WHBzsbi.jpg
Topo, from now on you serve me as a squire.

ueKED4U.jpg
It’s an honor, Knyaz.

YlaoKTZ.jpg
We don’t have anybody left. Jagreen Lern promised reinforcements, but they never arrived.

WHBzsbi.jpg
Shall we retreat then?

ueKED4U.jpg
Wait, do you hear that?

XbT4ldF.jpg
DDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

From the east, a strange man was running towards the camp. He was half-naked, despite the cold, and whipped himself on the go, screaming like madman at the same time. It was nasty.

RpFz1iZ.jpg

X8c2JGl.jpg

Twenty swordsmen and a dozen of Khlysts followed Grimgravy, although they didn’t seem to share his enthusiasm.

Meanwhile, hoofbeats from the west were getting louder.

YlaoKTZ.jpg
BATTLE FORMATION! SWORDSMEN, RIGHT FLANK!

LjDI8d3.jpg

b9pnAM7.jpg

FFeSpvr.jpg

pob0wQK.jpg

RWbVyNt.jpg

1fx5nlN.jpg

PbMHA8D.jpg

YrOBuA4.jpg

taihzVb.jpg

Bnd8pyS.jpg

ubNoW2w.jpg

VnAhWYR.jpg

The land of Bogarus used to be vast and full of remote villages populated by barely civilized people. Such places are usually galled "glubinka". The modern Bogarusian territory can be hardly called vast, but it still holds one particular village that is rather close to the capital, yet no road leads there.

The reason for that is people prefer to avoid it. Pretend that it doesn’t exist. And the inhabitants of this village are perfectly fine with it, mostly keeping to themselves and living secluded lives, although sometimes they leave their homes to spread their beliefs across the world.

This village is named Gorevo, and it is populated solely by Khlysty.

During that especially dark night, Patriarch Alexej himself knocked at the door of Village Elder. It opened with a screeching noise, but there wasn’t anybody standing near it. Alexej stepped inside the seemingly abandoned hut.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Hello? Est kto doma?

The Patriarch looked around. Anybody else would presume this hut to be abandoned.

JpP48gS.jpg

But Alexej knew perfectly well that every single man living in this village keeps his home in similar state at all times.

YnKe3pB.jpg
I need to talk to you. Discuss a matter of great urgency.

His voice trembled a bit, giving away thick fear that was gradually enveloping the Patriarch.

Suddenly, something moved from the shadows.

xmwZb0l.jpg
If it isn’t the Patriarch himself visiting my humble abode. What an undesired surprise.

If the movement of Khlysty had a leader, Mondblut would be the the person to talk to. Former criminal, an infamous murderer who escaped imprisonment in the Royal Dungeon twice, now an influential puppet master who prefers to keep in the shadows.

Once Mondblut was a massive, imposing man of great strength, but now he is a mutilated Fivefold Angel, with stumps instead of hands, “wings” held by truly massive wooden spines, and skin of unhealthy green tone.

4F1OlbQ.jpg

L5WX9Hz.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
It is a… pleasure to see you.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I can’t say the same, my dear Patriarch. In fact, I was hoping we would never see each other again.

Mondblut looked outside through the window.

xmwZb0l.jpg
So strange I don’t see your bodyguards.

YnKe3pB.jpg
I came alone.

xmwZb0l.jpg
How unthoughtful. What if something happened to you on your way here? Or maybe on your way back?

YnKe3pB.jpg
Since I am here already, you could at least listen to me.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I know what you want to say. You want me to gather an army and lead it to Rimtooth Pass.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Wh… how?

xmwZb0l.jpg
How did I know this? Isn’t it obvious?

Mondblut pointed his stump on the desk. Several notes and letters were scattered among the rubbish.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I know that you contacted Jagreen Lern a few months ago. And he asked Grimgravy to join your little war. These men.

Mondblut sighed heavily.

xmwZb0l.jpg
They always wanted to travel and spread the teaching more actively. I never approved, but still granted my permission.

Patriarch Alexej was browsing through the letters. Amazing. Jagreen Lern reported his every step to Mondblut, and so did Grimgravy. The latter even sent a battle report.

spOJeu6.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
You knew and didn’t say anything?

xmwZb0l.jpg
Why would I? Yes, you led several dozens of my people away from me, so what? This village serves a home for many of Khlysty, but do you have any idea how popular is our teaching across the world? Can you even imagine how many of such villages are thriving out there? My poor foolish Alexej. Much has changed since you left us.

YnKe3pB.jpg
You owe me, Mondblut.

The Fivefold Angel punched a jar standing on a shelf with his stump. It flew away and broke into pieces.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I OWE YOU NOTHING, you fucking traitor!

YnKe3pB.jpg
I made you the leader of Khlysty.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Right after *I* made you the PATRIARCH!

Both of them were full of hatred right now. It is true that Mondblut played a major part in Alexej’s carrer. During his relatively successful criminal activity, Mondblut gathered numerous connections among religious and royal authorities, that made it possible for him to appoint his own pocket Patriarch. He chose Eparch Alexej because of simple reason – this man had an army of Khlysts ready and waiting for his command. The deal was seemingly simple: right after Alexej’s inauguration, he integrates the teaching into official religion of Krovoslavie; passes all five seals becoming a Fivefold Angel; proclaims Khlysty to be Holy Warriors of Faith. Mondblut was planning to stay in shadows during this process, and use Khlysty to overtake the political power with time. Preferably to appoint a marionette Tsar in the future.

But right after inauguration, Alexej refused to pass the five seals, or even to integrate Khlysty teaching into official religion. “I promised to grant you control over Khlysty, nothing more – you can have it if you want”, - and those were his words at the time. Having no other choice, Mondblut accepted the role of the leader, breaking the five seals himself and becoming a Fivefold Angel.

YnKe3pB.jpg
You are the only man in the whole Tsardom who has an army availiable, Mondblut. I need you to join the war against T’ien Ch’i. Gather your men and lead them to Rimtooth Pass, and then…

xmwZb0l.jpg
Then what? You will return my hands?

Mondblut raised his stumps.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Or maybe I should tell you about other four seals I had to pass? I wouldn’t mind having ALL the body parts back where they used to be!

YnKe3pB.jpg
I possess the Royal Seal. I could grant you Rimtooth Pass if…

xmwZb0l.jpg
Pff. Get the fuck out, Alexej. And pray that I let you to return home without… accidents.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Rimtooth Pass... And the Hand. That is over sixteen thousand people of population combined. Imagine the possibilities.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Not interested. You don't seem to understand just how much money I make here, leading this movement. Do you even know anything about Grimgravy? The man who led those pesky reinforcements in Rimtooth Pass this month?

YnKe3pB.jpg
Tell me.

xmwZb0l.jpg
He was... Actually, he IS the last heir of the late Tsar. His bastard son.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Late Tsar had no relatives left when he died.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Grimgravy renounced his name, his past, his blood, and his own will when he joined us decades ago. You know that some of us can... have our way with people's minds.

YnKe3pB.jpg
But that means that...

xmwZb0l.jpg
That means nothing. The man completely lost it loooong time ago. And I got a hefty sum from a certain someone for this arrangement. And believe me, I receive a lot of similiar offers on a daily basis - your worthless provinces mean nothing to me. Now get out of my house!

The Patriarch sat down on the creaking chair instead.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Tell me one thing. I noticed that your Skoptsy began to refer to “Goddess” instead of “God” since Pantokrator’s vanishing. So, do you pray to Elizabeth Bathory? Do you really plan to take her side?

Mondblut smiled, but didn’t respond.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Or maybe… The name of that “Goddess” sounds differently?

xmwZb0l.jpg
... Go on.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Sviatoslav and Artemy are both dead, Mondblut. Only Rasputin is left. Even if he brings some sort of… whatever his plan is, I can deal with that. Both Rasputin and “Elizabeth Bathory” shall be dealt with – have no doubts about that. And then, my friend…

Patriarch’s eyes were shining.

YnKe3pB.jpg
We can proclaim ANY woman to be a Saint, and THEN – a Goddess. Somebody who shall be loyal to you. To… us.

xmwZb0l.jpg
You want a “Goddess” under your control, Patriarch?

YnKe3pB.jpg
Not mine, but our mutual one. I invite you to share this Tsardom with me. You will tell your people that it was HER voice that guided their minds. They will do what she says. And she will say what we want her to say. All you have to do is to get rid of T’ien Ch’i and put your men to good use. Let me take care of Rasputin, rebels and the rest of our problems.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I’ve heard enough. For the last time, I demand you to leave. You will have my answer tomorrow.

Alexej left, and Mondblut was full of doubts. Khlysty do not bear any significant power, but their numbers are vast. Anybody will be happy to accept such an ally, but is it really the time to choose sides?

mondblut, time to spice things up a bit:

dkTXua4.jpg

1. Gather an army and attack Rimtooth Pass. You know that T’ien Ch’i cannot possibly protect this province, for they have next to nothing left from last attack and nothing at all in Trollhome. They could hire some locals, but it’s still no match for the force that you have available. Sticking with the Patriarch is surely profitable, and you can always have some payback later.

2. Alexander Nevsky from Ivory Keep sent you a message earlier. It wasn’t necessary to tell Alexej about this, but apparently the rebels could use you as well. Going to Rimtooth Pass, uniting your own army with Alexander’s and crushing the enemy utterly – not just glorious, but also granting you friendship with the new Tsar. Who knows where it might lead?

3. It is time to say the word. So far you’ve been silent on the true name of the Goddess. Every Khlyst believes that he serves Elizabeth Bathory from the times when Pantokrator vanished. But Fivefold Angels refer to her simple as “Goddess”. If you say your word now, if you confirm that the Goddess is Elizabeth Bathory, you will earn yourself some powerful allies. Grigori Rasputin, Sviatoslav the Prophet, Batushka Artemy, Ad Avis, Azira. All you have to do is to win the battle in Rimtooth Pass and proclaim that Elizabeth is the one to praise for that.

4. Stay neutral. You’ve been comfortable in Gorevo so far, and it isn’t clear which side is the leading one. Staying in shadows is your most famous skill, after all.

5. Stay neutral… And organize the assassination of the Patriarch on his way to the city. You've had enough of him. Let chaos break loose, let the Tserkov burn, let Bogarus go to fucking hell.

Roll d6 in case you chose option 5.
1 and 2 - failure with consequences;
3 and 4 - failure;
5 and 6 - success!

v5VThBu.jpg

2AsVLUH.jpg
Hurrr.

Batushka Artemy was slowly dying in the dungeon. His festering wounds from the tortures were only getting worse.

JYfq59P.jpg

Every day he was visited by his tormentors, and judging by the sounds of footsteps, here they go again.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Hehehehe, HALLO zere, old priest! Are you ready for ze date? Did you miss me, hehehe?

sEXn0t1.jpg
Slow down, Polkin. You know the rules. I have to ask him the question first. So, Batushka…

2AsVLUH.jpg
I wish that Ashmedai will buttfuck both of you until you bleed out dry.

With these words, Artemy attempted to spit in the Gwydon’s face, but there was no saliva left in his mouth.

And here is the so familiar and hated torture room. Here is Fiodor with his twisted tools of agony. Every hour is like an eternity of torment. Just another day in Ivory Keep.

sEXn0t1.jpg
You will die soon, Artemy. We do our best to keep you alive, but your body is simply too old to live. Do you really want to end your life like that?

v3aVBdF.jpg
Serves him right, I say! To die like a Tserkov’s dog he is!

sEXn0t1.jpg
To the rest of the world, you are a coward. A man without honor. The one who fled the battlefield, and had been hiding in fear since then.

2AsVLUH.jpg
I didn’t flee, you bloodfuck. You’ve kidnapped me.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Ze torture must not stop! Gwydy, give me space! Go drink wiz Janvar or sumthin’.

sEXn0t1.jpg
Hold on, Fiodor. Look, Artemy. All you have to do is join our cause. Grant our people and all the newcomers Tserkov’s blessing. Help us build a temple. Tell everybody that corrupted ubludok Alexej fell victim to Rasputin’s evil magic, and now worships fake deity made by Rasputin. Tell them the truh.

v3aVBdF.jpg
ZE TRUS!

sEXn0t1.jpg
That Pantokrator will come back soon. And the best we can do is unite under the one true Tsar. Accept him for now, in order to preserve our land in order and prosperity, defend oursevels against the foreign aggressor. The folks must know that some of Tserkov's Eparchs believe in that. And if Pantokrator will come back and disagree with Nevsky, well, we shall not argue with the God. We shall accept him and his judgement, but not Alexej. Not Rasputin.

The strength was leaving Artemy’s body, slowly but surely.

2AsVLUH.jpg
I serve… Sviatoslav… I serve… Eli… za…

sEXn0t1.jpg
Sviatoslav is dead. Rimtooth Pass is overtaken by T’ien Ch’i. Iyul’s army is crushed. The only armed force left in the Tsardom belongs to Alexander Nevsky, and right now he needs all the support he can get.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Why do we need him alive? Let me kill ze Batushka, and use his corpse as a priest!

sEXn0t1.jpg
Polkin, be silent for a moment. Artemy, we need you. The Tsardom needs you. Come with us, and you can join the battle once again. You can show the world that you are not a coward they think you are. You can save this land from almost inevitable doom.

BATUSHKA ArtB, get a grip!

1. They will make you build a temple. They will make you accompany them, bless their armies. It is most certainly betrayal of Sviatoslav and Elizabeth Bathory, but does it really matter? Sviatoslav is dead. Elizabeth never showed up. And you are about to die in this prison, tortured on daily basis, if you refuse. No. You must accept the offer and join the Tsar.

2. Fuck Nevsky. Fuck Gwydon. Fuck Polkin. You don’t give a damn abot pain and torture, and if the world thinks of you as a coward and deserter – fuck the world too. You will stay loyal. To the memory of Sviatoslav, to your awkward friendship with Iyul Chetverti, and of course to Elizabeth Bathory. The last Truly Pureblooded. Your Countess. Your Goddess.

Last edited:

Got bored and left

Polkin and Gwydon can go fuck themselves. Artemy ain't no traitor - if he dies (and die he will, judging from that nasty disease), he dies defiant.

mondblut

Arcane
mondblut, time to spice things up a bit:

1. Gather an army and attack Rimtooth Pass. You know that T’ien Ch’i cannot possibly protect this province, for they have next to nothing left from last attack and nothing at all in Trollhome. They could hire some locals, but it’s still no match for the force that you have available. Sticking with the Patriarch is surely profitable, and you can always have some payback later.

2. Alexander Nevsky from Ivory Keep sent you a message earlier. It wasn’t necessary to tell Alexej about this, but apparently the rebels could use you as well. Going to Rimtooth Pass, uniting your own army with Alexander’s and crushing the enemy utterly – not just glorious, but also granting you friendship with the new Tsar. Who knows where it might lead?

3. It is time to say the word. So far you’ve been silent on the true name of the Goddess. Every Khlyst believes that he serves Elizabeth Bathory from the times when Pantokrator vanished. But Fivefold Angels refer to her simple as “Goddess”. If you say your word now, if you confirm that the Goddess is Elizabeth Bathory, you will earn yourself some powerful allies. Grigori Rasputin, Sviatoslav the Prophet, Batushka Artemy, Ad Avis, Azira. All you have to do is to win the battle in Rimtooth Pass and proclaim that Elizabeth is the one to praise for that.

4. Stay neutral. You’ve been comfortable in Gorevo so far, and it isn’t clear which side is the leading one. Staying in shadows is your most famous skill, after all.

5. Stay neutral… And organize the assassination of the Patriarch on his way to the city. You've had enough of him. Let chaos break loose, let the Tserkov burn, let Bogarus go to fucking hell.

Roll d6 in case you chose option 5.
1 and 2 - failure with consequences;
3 and 4 - failure;
5 and 6 - success!

Hmmm...

Letting the Tserkov burn and Bogarus going to fucking hell sounds delightful, but I don't like the chances and can't savescum. Can I fudge the roll? Nah, there will be another time, another opportunity...

The word should not be spoken...yet. Some cards are best kept close, you never know what use they could be of.

And trust this scum again? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Share the tsardom my ass...

The Tserkov will have a new Fivefold Angel Patriarch. Send a Khlyst to Tsar Alexander I. The Kvlt will support him... if what was once the matter of our deal with Alexej would be made true. I would be the new Patriarch and the Kvlt would reforge the meek, sellout Tserkov in its own image.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom