Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 8

QTkPqCf.jpg

Just another cold day at Rimtooth Pass.

bZF4W8p.jpg

Just another battle for the heroes of Bogarus.

MGJnvJg.jpg

* * *​

YIA9wmp.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
How long are you going to stay here?

WHBzsbi.jpg
I’m not going anywhere. The Patriarch can go fight Morassian defenders himself, for all I care.

M32dEmN.jpg
You don’t have to obey his orders anymore. Rasputin can’t get you either, because you are a Hero now. In fact, your men are still waiting for you in the city garrison. They refuse to take commands from anybody else. One of them went as far as saying that he serves Knyaz Iyul, and not the Tsardom.

WHBzsbi.jpg
I am not going anywhere, unless you kick me out of your house.

M32dEmN.jpg
What is your plan then? To hide here forever? Some Hero you are!

WHBzsbi.jpg
I’ll just wait here for Janvar.

M32dEmN.jpg
Your brother is missing. Vanished, without a trace! Just like Alexander Nevsky and the others!

WHBzsbi.jpg
He’ll come back.

M32dEmN.jpg
Are you even listening, Iyul? Most of Grand Princes are gone, and nobody knows where they are. Not even me.

Knyaz Iyul was too depressed to respond. He was sitting by the window, gazing at the sunset. He didn’t want to go outside. He didn’t know how to behave himself after last battle.

WHBzsbi.jpg
What kind of world are we living in?

M32dEmN.jpg
Hmm?

WHBzsbi.jpg
People treat you as a hero, praise your valor, and for what? Only for the fact that you didn’t slay your own kin, while you had the chance.

Uncomfortable silence was lasting for some minutes, until somebody knocked at the door. Katrina opened the door and saw Batushka Artemy standing before her.

2AsVLUH.jpg
I am leaving the city, Iyul. Sviatoslav is still holding Rimtooth Pass with just a handful of men. You’ve been there with us. You know how it is.

WHBzsbi.jpg
Cold. Scary. Desperate.

2AsVLUH.jpg
Exactly. These people could use Tserkov’s blessing. But you know what they really need?

WHBzsbi.jpg
What?

2AsVLUH.jpg
A good leader. An exemplar of valor. And reinforcements.

WHBzsbi.jpg
If I am an exemplar of valor, why is my hair still purple?

2AsVLUH.jpg
Well, eehm. AS IT TURNS OUT, there was a tiny inaccuracy in old scriptures. I’ve noticed it just recently! Purple is not the color of cowardice, but rather a color of manhood!

WHBzsbi.jpg
A tiny inaccuracy indeed.

2AsVLUH.jpg
Let me put it another way: I am going to Rimtooth Pass, and will do whatever is necessary to slay as many slut-worshippers as possible. If I fail, they will knock at this door, rape Katrina, probably rape you as well, then kill you both.

M32dEmN.jpg
Do I look like a horse, Batushka? If not, then I’m not in their taste.

2AsVLUH.jpg
Iyul. Will you come with me?

Knyaz Chetverti looked at the sunset one last time.

WHBzsbi.jpg
Somebody gotta defend your elderly ass, Artemy. Because of all three of us, your face resembles a horse the most.

2AsVLUH.jpg
Why, you dirt-mouthed, mud-bathing, piss-blooded son of a

qxE4sPf.jpg

qlnyLYD.jpg

WHBzsbi.jpg
Speaking of foresters. Artemy, why the hell is my pubic hair purple?

2AsVLUH.jpg
It’s all part of the Tserkov’s blessing, my son.

WHBzsbi.jpg
So now it’s suddenly a blessing, huh? Do you have any idea how it looks like?

2AsVLUH.jpg
Da ladno tebe. Bu-Ti is probably the most indiscriminate woman in the world. I don’t want to talk disrespectful things about Pantokrator, but his… um, appearance – it was not among his positive traits. Therefore, if she laid with him, surely she would lay with a prominent young Knyaz such as you.

WHBzsbi.jpg
And then barbarians will be worshipping me. Because I fucked the deity that fucked previous deity! You see, that’s how things work in their religion: FUCK CHAIN! The last link is GOD!

2AsVLUH.jpg
Of course, right after you lay with her, the Tserkov will have to burn you alive. But it’s just a minor inconvenience.

YlaoKTZ.jpg
Are you two done yet?

Sviatoslav approached one of the mortally wounded enemies and chopped his head clean off.

tGT3fHx.jpg

YlaoKTZ.jpg
Voi! Tie this head to a horse, and send it back to T’ien Ch’i.

SgDMIeS.jpg
Da! Anything else?

YlaoKTZ.jpg
Yes. Scratch out a message on his forehead.

SgDMIeS.jpg
What message?

YlaoKTZ.jpg
“Idu na vi”

eoHWwzg.jpg

Azira was pleased with first issue of “Pureblooded Herald”. More or less.

SPpVKjr.jpg
Something about this word doesn’t sound right. “Issue”… No, definitely doesn’t suit our newsflesh. From now on, we shall call them TISSUES.

sXpjPYm.jpg
Exactly this word is better.

Lizzurd, one of the researchers recruited by Ad Avis, was an unusual man, to say the least.

I6VTl6r.jpg

7UBclCM.jpg

Prefers to work anonymously, never revealing his name or face. Some say that there is an actual lizardman under this mask. Some treat him as a genius, others say that he is borderline crazy. In any case, working with Lizzurd is difficult, because he refuses to learn common language out of principle. His speech is confusing even for the most discerning of men.

sXpjPYm.jpg
I want to create an offering to your new tissue. You need to send somebody walking to Pythium. I am certain that Pythium is completely mind-controlled by somebody, most likely lizardmen. I regret I don’t have proof. You must send somebody investigating for proof.

SPpVKjr.jpg
Yes, mind control. Interesting topic indeed. But there are more urgent matters at hand.

sXpjPYm.jpg
YES, all matters are aware before me. I know who created the rumor about new Tsar!

SPpVKjr.jpg
You do?

sXpjPYm.jpg
I drew a scheme on leftover sinner’s skin. Take a watch:

EuHpBJF.jpg

SPpVKjr.jpg
It’s rather… I don’t think I have a word to describe my current feeling.

sXpjPYm.jpg
IT’S GENIUS! Pythium is cunning nation. They will send new Tsar who can mind-control! More days later, Bogarus will be marionnete of Pythium!

SPpVKjr.jpg
Right. Exciting.

sXpjPYm.jpg
And who mind-controls Pythium?

SPpVKjr.jpg
Apep?

sXpjPYm.jpg
Order of the Illuminated Ones!

SPpVKjr.jpg
Oh.

sXpjPYm.jpg
In just a numerous month, Ulm will possess half of the world! Checkmate, Pretenders!

Azira was eager to go away from this mad alchemist, but couldn’t think of an excuse. Fortunately enough, a proper excuse suddenly entered the room itself. It was Royal Alchemist Ad Avis.

7wpH8qa.jpg
Master Azira, Master Lizzurd. Congratulations! Our research team has completed research in time.

SPpVKjr.jpg
Congratulations, Master Ad Avis. I was starting to get worried.

7wpH8qa.jpg
All thanks to Renegade Sage Dagan. No thanks to that deserter Fiodor Polkin, who is going to be executed soon.

SPpVKjr.jpg
Still no sign of Fiodor?

7wpH8qa.jpg
He escaped from the city, that’s for sure. Otherwise, Katrina would have found him long ago.

sXpjPYm.jpg
I have understanding of where to find him. Give me a scrap of skin, I will draw schematically.

SPpVKjr.jpg
I am SURE that Master Ad Avis will find it very useful! I shall leave you two to discuss this matter in private.

Fe0lO0i.jpg

Half of the Court has gathered in dining hall this snowy day. The general mood was grim, and the appetite wasn’t that great either. Strangely enough, Rasputin was the only one smiling.

6rNobRS.jpg
To your health, my friends.

wTTArIT.jpg
Why so happy, Grigori?

6rNobRS.jpg
Is there a reason to be sad? Despite all difficulties, we have completed the research in time.

YnKe3pB.jpg
You never said what was so important about that research.

6rNobRS.jpg
Because it doesn’t concern the Tserkov, Alexej. This month we have received some positive battle reports. Is that right, Katrina?

M32dEmN.jpg
Indeed, Gospodin Rasputin. There was another barbarian attack on Rimtooth Pass. Here is the report from Sviatoslav:

b9tcqCQ.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
In his message he describes the attack as “pathetic” and T’ien Ch’I commanders as “worthless”. He asks for your permission to counter-attack.

6rNobRS.jpg
Give him permission.

YnKe3pB.jpg
You want to move Iyul’s men further to the west? But we need them to reclaim our eastern provinces!

6rNobRS.jpg
I heard about your little errand boy whom you send to Morassia last month. He did a fine job cleaning up there, didn’t he?

M32dEmN.jpg
His name is Hoverdogoff, Gospodin. I have a report right here:

Aq69lol.jpg

6rNobRS.jpg
Good. Let him take care of the east.

wTTArIT.jpg
It’s not just about the rebels, Grigori. Soon we’ll need everything we currently have to fend off Midgard. The have conquered Greybeard Peaks this month, and now stand before the bridge.

21Cvy5w.jpg

wTTArIT.jpg
King’s Cut river historically divided our territories. Bogarus to the south – Midgard to the north. That’s how kings of old agreed to split our Kingdoms. That’s how it used to be before all that chaos unleashed.

6rNobRS.jpg
We’ve sent them an invitation, didn’t we? I am sure they won’t refuse our generous offer when the delegation arrives.

wTTArIT.jpg
That’s the problem. They never replied to our invitation.

YnKe3pB.jpg
You mean, they refused to negotiate?

wTTArIT.jpg
I mean they didn't even REPLY, Alexej.

M32dEmN.jpg
My informants tell me that Midgard’s warbands still receive orders and keep claiming whatever provinces they can reach. So it’s not like something happened to their warlords. They simply ignored our invitation.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Oh, woe. We are surrounded by warmongers. What happened to civilizations?

wTTArIT.jpg
T’ien Ch’I was never civilized. As for Midgard, seems like their reason died with king Bethod. Now this nation will degrade into its ancient barbaric nature.

6rNobRS.jpg
Since they don’t reply to the invitation, you might as well give them a warning on public forum. If they cross King’s Cut river, this means war.

wTTArIT.jpg
I can do that, but what forces can we possibly throw at them, if you move Iyul’s men to the west?

YnKe3pB.jpg
We need a Veliky Knyaz so much right now. Neither of us can make effective war decisions. Katrina, any news about these mysterious disappearances?

M32dEmN.jpg
Not yet, Patriarch.

6rNobRS.jpg
You don’t have to be a Grand Prince to figure out a simple fact: if we don’t attack T’ien Ch’I now, we shall leave them for Ulm to conquer.

yuujckL.jpg

6rNobRS.jpg
They have reached the Blessed Basin already. Don’t doubt for a second that Ulm’s Order of the Illuminated Ones has all the information about our current state of affairs. They can see that T’ien Ch’i is weak and extremely unskilled in the art of warfare. All they need to do is to get to Trollhome before us, or at least at the same time.

wTTArIT.jpg
If they get to Trollhome ahead of our forces, coming there means declaring war on Ulm. If we arrive at the same time, though…

6rNobRS.jpg
A battle occurs, which we can technically explain as misunderstanding and bad judgement of Sviatoslav or Iyul.

wTTArIT.jpg
Are you sure they can win this battle against Ulm?

6rNobRS.jpg
I don’t wish to find out. We can conquer Trollhome at this very month, and be done with it.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Please, Grigori. Call off your forces. We need to get rid of Midgard’s warmongers, to prevent them from crossing the river. We can fend off T’ien Ch’i easily. After Ulm conquers Trollhome, barbarian attacks will stop once and for all, and we can fully focus on Midgard.

Rasputing’s good mood vanished instantly. He raised from the chair slowly

6rNobRS.jpg
Give up the city of T’ien Ch’I to Ulm?

YnKe3pB.jpg
We don’t need it that desperately. This war only slows down our eastern expansion – the one that we really need!

6rNobRS.jpg
WHORE-WORSHIPPERS DARED TO ATTACK OUR HOMELAND, YOU MISERABLE FAT COWARD!

YnKe3pB.jpg
Calm down, please.

6rNobRS.jpg
I WILL RIP THE SKIN OUT OF THEIR PETTY GODDESS, AND WRITE A MESSAGE ON IT WITH HER DIRTY BLOOD!

Raputin squeezed his glass. It broke apart, leaving his hand red with blood and wine.

6rNobRS.jpg
In this message I will let them know: Bogarus is full of cowards. But as long as Grigori Rasputin is alive, no aggressive action against us will ever be forgotten. Or forgiven.

With that said, Rasputin left the dining hall.

9kjkm8N.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
Thank you for coming that late, my son.

Dreaad didn’t say anything, just nodded. Receiving personal invitation from the Patriarch was suspicious at best.

YnKe3pB.jpg
You are the ill-famous Dreaad, right? The only one who deserted during T’ien Ch’I attack at Rimtooth Pass?

ODmWK9X.jpg
They were firing arrows. Magical howling arrows of despair!

YnKe3pB.jpg
Yet nobody else tried to escape, except for you. You have sinned, my son. Your Sin is Cowardice and Betrayal. Do you seek forgiveness? I can give you a chance to redeem yourself.

a1VDC08.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
The reinforcements that Sviatoslav requested from you – he doesn’t need them as much as our eastern effort. You must travel to Deerhome, meet with my trusted servant and great leader of men Hoverdogoff, and together you shall reclaim this province, that used to belong to us.

ODmWK9X.jpg
People talk about evil blood magic there. I don’t like magic.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Fighting alongside Sviatoslav won't lead you to glory. You will be mocked and laughed at, until the day you die with your sns. But serve me, and you can become a Hero, just like Knyaz Iyul Chetverti did. I believe in you, my son, and I will pray for your success. Krovoslavnaya Tserkov needs you. Will you answer our call? Are you willing to fight for your Absolution?

Dreaad, KEY CHOICE. A friendly reminder: you never gave me an answer to your previous key choice. I’ll just assume that you still have a death wish. And will fight in front lines in every battle you participate. Last time it didn’t end so well, but who am I to forbid?

Anyway, yer current choice:

1. SVIATOSLAV counts on me! He needs reinforcements to invade T’ien Ch’i! I must obey my orders! TO THE RIMTOOTH PASS!

2. THE PATRIARCH can grant me Absolution! I ran from combat like a sissy T’ien C’hi horseman. I must earn my pardon and do what the Patriarch says. TO DEERHOME!

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
Love this:love:
btw
Are the Vessels W9?
You spoiled your Drain3 with the alchemist!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Love this

Thanks!

Are the Vessels W9?!

W9S6 on Devi of Good Fortunes. Imprisoned one, I guess, since it's way too expensive to take on Dormant.

Edit: Actually, TC seems to have O2P1C2G1 Imprisoned Devi of Good Furtunes with Dom 7 and W9S6. But who cares, right?

You spoiled your Drain3 with the alchemist!

I've done it way earlier, back when I posted screenshot of Azira. Cold 3 + Drain 3 combo is one of the strongest sides of Bogarus, so I don't think it'll be a big surprise for my enemies.

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Great stuff, I loved the "Idu na vi" incorporation and Lizzurd's graphs were hilarious :)

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The patriarch can grant me absolution! Orthodoxy, Authority, Nationalism.

I have no problem leading by example from the front.

Deal!

You probably won't survive this. Bloodhenge Druids can fuck up even a decent expansion party.

But I'll try one trick that sometimes works wonders against them. And sometimes it doesn't. You know, Dominions!

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Technicality be damned man! The future of Bogarus is at stake! He should have caught it with his teeth and pissed down the Ancestral's throats.

What a marvelous turn of events. A commander named Dread is a coward and a purple haired guy is a hero. Love it.
He is not technically a coward (as in affliction: battle fright), he just took a "cause fear" arrow in the face.
Took it in the dick... i would too look for medical assistance itc.

Would you not willingly sacrifice your willy for the glory of the Tsardom!? What is an appendage compared to the glory of Bogarus?

I vote that Dread's penis be cut off, dried and powdered as a suitable punishment.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Next update is coming in an hour or so, but I gotta explain something about key choices in order to avoid confusion.

keep-calm-and-make-your-choice-21.png

Some of them have understandable, visible consequences (go to one province or another; stay away from the frontlines or yolo-charge; etc.), but the other ones are not that obvious. For example, Azira's choice on whom to support in Propaganda.

Previously I planned to implement Recruitment List (tm) after turn 10-12, and take this time to establish a certain idea that was floating in my mind for some time. FACTIONS! But since some people were too eager to enlist asap, I had to make everything on the go.

So, when you are given a choice that you might think doesn't lead to anything - take another thought. If Lady Fortune will be on your side, who knows what might happen? Your fraction will take over the rulership, and you might become the leader of that fraction with time. And make all global decisions yourself. Hell, if you're REALLY into this, I might even trust you negotiations with other nations, if you make it to the top of Bogarusian political ladder.

Also, later in the game there will be much more key choices. Just try to stay alive 'til then.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
So, what you're saying is that you've created the first Chose Your Own Adventure game based on Dominion 4?

Also, it's Factions. This
maths-fractions.gif

is a fRaction.

71930e9ea00a94c6a695b59e1441fc3cf451d3ab35a5c22ea74e69eb8b64a395.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 9

Z3HlwZL.jpg

Fiodor Polking was walking around the construction site, mumbling something under his nose. Tsardom’s peasants were finishing building the castle that is supposed to protect western Bogarusian borders in case of Arcoscephale’s invasion. The builders got used to the sight of half-crazy foul-smelling necromancer. After all, stranger things had happened in this cursed province.

The necromancer was irritated by the fact that he didn’t find any answers in Ivory Keep. And now he can’t even go back to Bogarus, for only the gallows are waiting for him there.

v3aVBdF.jpg
YOU ZERE, old sucker! Right after you die, I’m gonna dig your corpse and find out all your dirty secrets, hehehe.

Old builder didn’t react in any way. Nobody even listened to eccentric Polking at that point.

This would be just an ordinary day, if not for a strange band of several armed men that approached construction site by the evening. Their leader discussed something with master builder, handed him a tight purse of gold, and went back to where he came from.

Fiodor followed the armed band, trying to keep distance and stay unnoticed. Naturally, he failed – it’s hard not to notice Fiodor. He was captured and dragged to some kind of war camp, filled with Bogarusian soldiers.

v3aVBdF.jpg
LET GO OF ME, PRICKS!

The leader threw Fiodor Polkin inside one of the tents. There he saw an imposing elder that was looking somewhat familiar.

of7bFKZ.jpg

v3aVBdF.jpg
I WILL TELL YOU NUFIN’!

w8aWXH3.jpg
You must be that outlaw necromancer from the city. I knew I’ll have to deal with you sooner or later.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Name zineself, kidnapper!

w8aWXH3.jpg
Veliky Knyaz Gwydon Black Bear.

Now Fiodor remembered. That man once ruled the province of Deerhome, and was also a famous warrior, named Black Bear for pitch-black beard and massive body.

w8aWXH3.jpg
Call me Gwydon. I no longer possess any lands, and my hair isn’t as black as it used to be.

v3aVBdF.jpg
As you say, Gwydy.

w8aWXH3.jpg
Polkin. I know about your reputation. I know that politeness is not among your virtues. Therefore, we’ll make a simple rule from now on: you will only open your mouth when I allow you to.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Or what? You will kill me?

w8aWXH3.jpg
Yes.

That surely changes things for Polkin.

w8aWXH3.jpg
I will make it short and simple. What you saw outside is the new Tsar’s voisko. Most of Grand Princes decided to join our cause after we found out the truth about our so-called Prophet.

v3aVBdF.jpg
ZE TRUF! I came here for ze Truf too!

w8aWXH3.jpg
This is your last warning, smerd!

Gwydon drew his massive broadsword, and sounded rather convincing.

w8aWXH3.jpg
As I was saying, there was something wrong with Sviatoslav from the beginning. He never served any Veliky Knyaz, he was never seen outside these cursed swamps, and his origin was unknown. Until we found this.

Gwydon pointed at the painting laying on the floor.

wTCvZtA.jpg

w8aWXH3.jpg
Wanted to burn it long ago, but it’s the only proof we currently have.

Signed: “Sviatoslav the Chud Jarl leading his hirdmen to defend Vanarus”

v3aVBdF.jpg
Chud? Vanarus? Dat was like…

w8aWXH3.jpg
Exactly. Ancient history.

They were staring at the painting for some time.

w8aWXH3.jpg
One of the Grand Princes inherited this painting and kept it in his manor. When he saw Sviatoslav, he recognized him immediately. Being a man of sound judgement, he decided not to confront Rasputin right away, but share his worries with the rest of Grand Princes.

Polkin was chewing his lips intensively.

w8aWXH3.jpg
First this self-proclaimed Patriarch, now Rasputin’s sinister schemes. Who knows what will happen when Elizabeth Bathory shows up? Don’t look at me like that. Better take another look at the painting. ANYTHING is possible in this land of evil mystery.

A strain of blood began to flow down from Fiodor’s mouth. He was extremely nervous.

w8aWXH3.jpg
We made a decision to take the power in our hands. To decide the fate of our beloved homeland ourselves. We do not wish to be a part of any of this… FILTH! We were careful and discreet, waiting for this castle to be finished. We shall take it over from the Court’s grasp, and use its soil to regrow the Tsardom once more. We don’t need gods to appoint a new Tsar. We chose one of our own.

Fiodor wanted to say something, but the bulky sword was still in Gwydon’s hand.

w8aWXH3.jpg
The only thing we lack is a specialist of matters arcane. Most of magic experts are too afraid of the Court to even consider joining our cause. But you – you will do just fine. There are certain matters that require your aid. And loyalty.

Gwydon looked directly at Fiodor.

w8aWXH3.jpg
So tell me, Fiodor Polkin. Will you serve my Tsar as a Royal Archmage? Or would you rather prefer thinking about it in the dungeon?

Jester, you know what to do.

1. Royal Archmage! Dat fat bastard Azira will be beyond jealous! I will show dem, I WILL SHOW DEM ALL!

2. NU! NU!!! Ze only True Tsar is ze first Tsar! I shall stay in ze dungeon, and attempt an escape at ze first opportunity. After dat, I will travel MORE, I will find ze tomb of Tsar Boguslav!

v3aVBdF.jpg
I have one question, Gwyndolin.

w8aWXH3.jpg
Gwydon. Don’t make me cut your fingers. You may ask your question.

v3aVBdF.jpg
Who is ze new Tsar?

Gwydon smiled.

w8aWXH3.jpg
The greatest man in the entire Tsardom. A man of Honor. A man of Justice. Veliky Knyaz Alexander Nevsky.

9zm2q0E.jpg

Ambassador Boris observed the ceremony with disgust. Today was the day of Absolution for Children. Any child who was ever accused of any sin, could ask an Eparch for forgiveness, but only if this child's parents had enough gold to pay the proper tithe. Such a child stays with Tserkov for a week, and only then he is allowed to come back home, with his blood cleansed. All contacts with outside world are forbidden. Telling anybody about the “trials” those children endure is also forbidden. Ambassador Boris knew full well what happens to the children when they are left alone with Tserkov’s most twisted monsters, but it was none of Ambassador's concern.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Boris, my son! I am so glad you came. I know that Grand Cathedral is not the place you would prefer to talk, but today is a special day, and I simply cannot…

wTTArIT.jpg
Stop it, Alexej. This isn’t diplomatic negotiations. Let’s get this over with.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Follow me to the confession room, my son.

wTTArIT.jpg
I am not your son, Alexej.

When Ambassador and the Patriarch entered the confession room, Kaznachei Yuri was already inside, piss-drunk.

MGrVVsy.jpg
FORGIVE ME, FATHER! For I have sinned!

And then he cried.

Ten minutes later, when Tserkov’s servants dragged Yuri outside, Boris and Alexej finally got a chance to talk.

YnKe3pB.jpg
What’s your opinion on our recent negotiations with Midgard?

wTTArIT.jpg
They were honest, and I appreciate honesty. If they tried to convince me of Midgard's good will, gave me some kind of promises, I would be suspicious. Instead, they made it clear that Midgard will attack if the old gods tell them to.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Do you think they will?

wTTArIT.jpg
You tell me, Alexej. I am no expert on gods. But I think we made a generous offer, so they will at least think twice before rejecting it. I have to say their gifts were unexpectedly generous as well.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Indeed. These women from Ulm require some work, but…

wTTArIT.jpg
I was speaking of the parchments. To be honest, I forgot about these women somehow. Where are they?

YnKe3pB.jpg
They used to be whores, Boris – the Jarl told you about it himself. They have sinned, but the Tserkov will cleanse them.

wTTArIT.jpg
In fact, I don’t care. Now tell me what you wanted to discuss with me.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Horosho. I’d like to ask you to invite a diplomatic delegation from Ulm to the Royal Palace.

wTTArIT.jpg
Why? To piss off Rasputin?

YnKe3pB.jpg
Don’t we need to discuss borders with Ulm?

wTTArIT.jpg
Rimtooth Pass is a natural border. I’ve received a message from Ulm the other day where they claim Blessed Basin as their territory, and ask Bogarus to stay away from it. But since Rimtooth Pass prevents both parties from invading each other, I don’t see any point in discussing this matter.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Was there something else in this message?

wTTArIT.jpg
Yes. They stated that Ulm has no intentions of conquering the tribe of T’ien Ch’i.

YnKe3pB.jpg
That’s good news.

wTTArIT.jpg
I don’t believe this statement. Right now T’ien Ch’i is a cupcake waiting to be eaten. There is no reason to miss on such an opportunity. If we act too slow, Ulm or Arcoscephale might steal what is rightfully ours, spoils of war. Besides, Pythium is currently even closer to the city of T’ien Ch’i than any of us.

2L8prYt.jpg

wTTArIT.jpg
This war costed us our eastern expansion. The only thing we can do to catch up with rest of the world is conquer the barbarian capital.

YnKe3pB.jpg
What is Rasputin’s opinion on that?

wTTArIT.jpg
Hard to say. Last I heard, he was considering sending Sviatoslav back to the city, in order to regroup. There is a considerable force coming from T’ien Ch’I – largest one we had to fight up until now.

FRH8w82.jpg

wTTArIT.jpg
But of course, he does not report his final decisions to me. We’ll just have to wait and see.

YnKe3pB.jpg
I think I can be of help in our war effort.

wTTArIT.jpg
Don’t waste my time, Alexej. You? Help in war effort?

YnKe3pB.jpg
I know a certain group of people. A secluded, secretive group.

Boris frowned with disgust.

wTTArIT.jpg
Khlysty.

kCIXrfl.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
You should not underestimate this Order, my son.

wTTArIT.jpg
It’s a cult. A dirty cult. Spare me your speeches, Alexej – I don’t want to hear anything about it.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Then I will make this decision myself.

wTTArIT.jpg
Tell me another thing. I heard you've convinced one of Sviatoslav’s squires, Dreead, to join eastern effort instead of leading reinforcements back to Rimtooth Pass. He was about to join Hoverdogoff in battle for Deerhome, right?

YnKe3pB.jpg
I didn’t receive any news from Deerhome yet.

EGAZIV9.jpg

Hoverdogoff’s men were hiding behind the trees, not far from the enemy camp. They weren’t spotted yet.

IkETkJj.jpg

Hoverdogoff had a plan, but he wasn't sure if it works out in the end.

YSTDzEy.jpg

But one does not simply PLAN AHEAD in Bogarus.

tC1PRi6.jpg

Bloodhenge Druids were unable to do anything, just as Hoverdogoff expected, but certain other circumstances interfered.

fqRHHuw.jpg

Having no fear whatsoever, Dreead tried to encourage fellow footmen, leading them by example. After all, poison darts are no threat for a sturdy shield.

qey5DSs.jpg

Driven by a strong surge of DETERMINATION, Dreaad decided to fight separately, taking a whole group of enemies on his own.

TFU7nNk.jpg

The result was rather predictable.

EBTc1C7.jpg

Hoverdogoff did everyting he could to keep the situation under control.

jpaAjZJ.jpg

VAI0v9A.jpg

The Dark Vines were seemingly impossible to slay.

w9efsRD.jpg

But Hoverdogoff was not a giving up man.

txdTvLq.jpg

Left flank almost reached the Druids.

9JzdiGJ.jpg

While right flank was running out of time...

lbceEMN.jpg

... and hope.

2Sdkr3m.jpg

But as soon as left flank reached the Druids...

hT12oRi.jpg

... Their magic was dispelled, and the Dark Vines dissapeared.

KIVX9a1.jpg

Last edited:
Unfrozen Lord. Those antlers look really cool.
Should have told me you've only got openings for scouts. :smug:

You know if it puts spanner in the works you don't have to do it. I'll be happy even with lowly scout if at some point you'll give me decent bow and some limelight.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
You know if it puts spanner in the works you don't have to do it. I'll be happy even with lowly scout if at some point you'll give me decent bow and some limelight.

Naah, no problem at all. I'll make you an Unfrozen Lord.

As soon as I get a W3D1, Enchantment 6, and 75 water gems

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom