Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jester

Arbiter
A perfect excuse. I'm sure it will save from the gallows when you finally get caught!
When that happens Fiodor will face death like true Bogarus son. With head high, wearing strategic layer of filth protecting him from cold and swearing. (And broken heart. Et tu, Brute?)

Who knows mby it will end up well, or mby not. I aways believed that as long as game is fun it is worth playing. If it would spoil your fun though ignore my vote please.

Lizzurd

Cipher
Then i also want to mention some facts!
1. Alchemists are not sacred and therefore don't believe in god.
2. Alchemists have veeery bad morale.
3. And also very foul mood!
4. Especially lizard alchemists!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
2. Alchemists have veeery bad morale.

Nearly everybody in Bogarus has very bad morale. That's why we love it so much. SLAVA!

c804bcbfaf988cbb8ac5c61e322ec1b5.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 7

vtGBKjH.jpg

Rasputin entered the room, looking extremely self-satisfied. Katrina was accompanying him this day, carrying a letter in her hands. Ambassador Boris, Patriarch Alexej and Kaznachei Yuri were already waiting in the meeting room. Yuri was noticeably drunk.

6rNobRS.jpg
I am waiting for your apologies. Starting with you, Ambassador.

wTTArIT.jpg
I am man enough to admit my mistakes. Expecting adequate negotiations with T’ien Ch’i was very naive of me.

6rNobRS.jpg
You, above all people, should have known better!

wTTArIT.jpg
The whole arrangement was messy from the start. They accepted my invitation, but instead of proper diplomatic delegation we received some sort of ethereal being. It called itself a “hologram”.

MGrVVsy.jpg
What the hell is a hologram?

wTTArIT.jpg
Probably another meaningless word in their barbaric language. Anyway, I suggested discussing our borders, and it suddenly thanked me for “removing rebels”. Then it said something about showing it’s appreciation “next turn”.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Turn? Turn of what? Turn of some cycle?

MGrVVsy.jpg
Turn of Bu-Ti’s dirty arse, for all I care. Can’t you see they have no idea what are they talking about? It’s just random words! Go on, Boris.

wTTArIT.jpg
Nothing else to say. I wasn’t sure if this being is mocking me, or is it actually retarded. So, I just left.

6rNobRS.jpg
And what did you do after that? Did you try to stop Alexej from sending all our forces to the east, while they were needed in the west? No. Did you warn me that there is a danger of foreign invasion? No.

wTTArIT.jpg
T’ien Ch’i is small and helpless. Let the puppy bark – it won’t bite you anyway.

6rNobRS.jpg
WRONG AGAIN, BORIS! Katrina, show them.

M32dEmN.jpg
With pleasure, Gospodin Rasputin. We’ve just received this letter from Rimtooth Pass.

6rNobRS.jpg
I ordered Sviatoslav to go there with what little men he had left.

YnKe3pB.jpg
And in this letter is his report?

M32dEmN.jpg
Umm, actually, no. I’m sure we’ll receive Sviatoslav’s report sometime soon, but this letter came here first. One of Sviatoslav's fighters Dreaad wrote this to his wife.

MGrVVsy.jpg
How did you get it?

M32dEmN.jpg
I have my ways. Don’t ask.

YnKe3pB.jpg
We shouldn’t read this.

M32dEmN.jpg
I’ve read it already, Patriarch! It contains all the information we desperately need. I’ll make sure his wife receives this letter, later. Someday.

6rNobRS.jpg
Just read it already, damn you!

M32dEmN.jpg
Ahem. “To my beloved wife Marusya”

Yuri poured himself another cup of vodka.

M32dEmN.jpg
“It’s been almost a week since we arrived in Rimtooth Pass. The cold here is different from the rest of our homeland. The wind, it howls. The only thing that warms me here is the thought of your strawberry breaast”

6rNobRS.jpg
Skip to the point!

MGrVVsy.jpg
Actually, I would like to hear the complete version.

M32dEmN.jpg
Right, so next he describes the hardships of military service, while comparing his wife’s body to different fruits and vegetables… Aha, found that part. “Sviatoslav noticed them first.”

7YgJhHG.jpg

OPdfdcf.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“We saw seven horsemen, led by a strange senile person. Our leader was expecting a trap.”

rH0ohUm.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“I swore to fight in the front lines, although my armor prevented me from moving as fast as everybody else. No matter. This plate cuirass was your wedding gift, I ain’t gonna fight without it!”

MGrVVsy.jpg
Marusya is such a caring wife.

M32dEmN.jpg
Shh. “I owe my life to this cuirass. I owe my life to you, little pickle. That arrow could kill me, but instead it just scratched my manhood.”

U6SQ1NX.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“I swore to fight in the front lines. But I wasn’t ready for this. Not the arrows!”

NJr8b3g.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“I have let down my squad. Most of them died. The senile man that led the enemy horsemen suddenly charged ahead.”

3Shn1DL.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“And caught a javelin. With his face.”

EvdNMlI.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“And then the enemy routed.”

XSsFsVi.jpg

M32dEmN.jpg
“I wasn’t ready for this. Sviatoslav sent me back to the city as a punishment – so I would bring reinforcements, and stay away from battle this month. Do you know what that means, watermelon? It means that soon I will count all your seeds, and then…”

6rNobRS.jpg
Enough, Katrina.

Dreaad, KEY CHOICE! Sviatoslav gave you time to think. Since you are a capable man and all that, and apparently you are allergic to arrows, maybe it isn’t worth risking your hide in the front lines, after all?

1) DA, it’s hard to find capable commanders around these parts. Your leadership is probably better than your combat skills.

2) NET, you want to spill blood and protect your marrow squash!!!

M32dEmN.jpg
In the end he mentions by name every voi that died because of him. I used this to compile a modest report, here:

KRcpYFU.jpg

wTTArIT.jpg
You could just show us the report, skipping this ridiculous letter.

M32dEmN.jpg
Hm. I guess?

6rNobRS.jpg
These horsefuckers invaded our province, killed our people! They want a war? I’ll give them a war they never forget!

wTTArIT.jpg
Why would they launch a suicide attack at us, while being so miserably small themselves?

pu58AZG.jpg

YnKe3pB.jpg
Not many people support their faith even in native lands. Bu-Ti’s dominion is extremely weak.

wTTArIT.jpg
What’s more important, whoever is responsible for developing T’ien Ch’i combat tactics, he knows nothing about warfare.

MGrVVsy.jpg
I thought you were against this war, Ambassador?

wTTArIT.jpg
No, I was against attacking Trollhome back when Rasputin made this suggestion. This way the rest of the world would see us as warmongers – we don’t want that.

6rNobRS.jpg
Why? It suits me just fine. Let them fear.

wTTArIT.jpg
Too late for that, Grigori. We are now engaged in a defensive war against foreign aggressor. And since these people and their goddess are absolutely insane, there can be no diplomatic solution to this. This is exactly the message I wanted other nations to understand.

M32dEmN.jpg
What message, my Ambassador?

wTTArIT.jpg
Bogarus can be a powerful ally, and not once in our history did we violate a formal agreement. However, if somebody tries to mess with us – we won't show any mercy.

YnKe3pB.jpg
It doesn’t work like that, Boris. There will be consequences.

wTTArIT.jpg
I know. Once we conquer T’ien Ch’I, Bogarus shall become a global threat, due to massive economy boost. Their people might be stupid, but their land is rich.

MGrVVsy.jpg
What are you going to do about that? I have some experience in falsifying financial reports. Err, only theory, of course.

wTTArIT.jpg
I have some ideas. An international forum was founded recently, where different nations are allowed to deliver public diplomatic messages worldwide. I shall explain our position there.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Horosho! Tell them we don’t have a choice in that matter. That we tried to negot…

6rNobRS.jpg
LISTEN TO YOURSELF, you pathetic scumbag! You tried to negotiate. NEGOTIATE! These people worship overgrown brainless vagina, just because our Pantokrator was desperate enough to put his indiscriminate dick inside her! You tried to NEGOTIATE with them! You would have more luck if you said that Grand Cathedral is actually Pantokrator’s Pissoir – I bet they would worship this building instead!

Rasputin was mad with rage.

6rNobRS.jpg
From now on, we invest everything into wiping T’ien Ch’i from the face of the world. I want to end this in quick and extremely bloody manner!

YnKe3pB.jpg
What? We can’t abandon our eastern expansion, Grigori!

6rNobRS.jpg
Forget about the east! You’ve sent this purple cretin to lead all our forces against Janvar’s personal army! Do you really think he will make it out alive?

kXBWi4H.jpg

Knyaz Iyul Chetverti and Batushka Artemy still haven't achieved any understanding. In fact, they could barely talk to each other.

tjcuXLe.jpg

Janvar’s men were glad to see Iyul coming back. At first.

bLrdTdd.jpg

But then Chaos itself engulfed the battlefield.

3nFK7hg.jpg

YW30uj4.jpg

Iyul’s tactical approach was questionable at best.

Cl0GR6H.jpg

vJFBR7V.jpg

Artemy was on his own wave, while Iyul tried to talk things over with Sergei.

BBzWkqm.jpg

ASVJoYS.jpg

n6vszRF.jpg

The situation was quickly becoming desperate. Something had to be done.

IcJ4u3F.jpg

8U6h3pk.jpg

xQkYjNu.jpg

nVgzHhq.jpg

OzaCHRo.jpg

bPtiHfG.jpg

72610g6.jpg

03Dd2cV.jpg

8xedsdq.jpg

j2a5gRS.jpg

The battle of Morassia soon became legendary. People praised Knyaz Iyul Chetverti even more than Sviatoslav or Artemy.

sNDYYex.jpg

His strength, compassion and honor are said to be unequaled. But most of all, people praise his VALOR.

RSCC8E1.jpg

By the time he returned to the city, Iyul was already a Hero.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I love Dominions. No matter what kind of plot you have on your mind, the game will always find a way to screw it. Our overcautious and maybe even cowardly knyaz is now also HEROICALLY VALOROUS! Roleplay THAT, Grimwulf!

Everytime I see Rasputin.... No matter how awesome I know his historical background to be all I can see in my mind is

Mass Media was hard on poor Rasputin.

hellboy-villains-villains-hellboy-588925839.jpg

You still have to make a KEY CHOICE, though. Don't think that I forgot.

Cowards having their hair turn into purple is just baseless superstition. Artemy surely knew that as well, he probably just went with it because he has certain sense of drama.. so to speak.

(and who is Dagan?!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom