Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lizzurd

Cipher
I will like to try one, but i don't have enough time. It will be interesting to read your reports though.

doncorazon

Novice
Bogarusiains! I feel like a spy posting here (this is DC - playing Ulm).

Sorry to see the situation get to this discouraging state. Last time I played a role playing centric Dom game this exact thing happened. Don't know why but that game also had about half the people sign up and never write anything from the start (why did they sign up - who knows?), and most of the others only wrote a small amount and then it devolved to a purely competitive game, discouraging those few who were writing....

Anyway, your RPGing and write ups this game have been inspirationally awesome. Sorry it hasn't worked out.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Men, thanks for all the words, but I'M NOT DED YET

:x

So, is there a thread for planning out this possible RP-centric game? I have a pretty cool idea for MA R'lyeh.

We have a nuthouse sub-forum here on 'Dex for all of us Dominions players, so you can go ahead and post a new thread. There is usually no lack of volunteers for new games. But personally, I gotta deal with this pbem first before taking another one.

Bogarusiains! I feel like a spy posting here (this is DC - playing Ulm).

Sorry to see the situation get to this discouraging state. Last time I played a role playing centric Dom game this exact thing happened. Don't know why but that game also had about half the people sign up and never write anything from the start (why did they sign up - who knows?), and most of the others only wrote a small amount and then it devolved to a purely competitive game, discouraging those few who were writing....

Anyway, your RPGing and write ups this game have been inspirationally awesome. Sorry it hasn't worked out.

Thanks, I always enjoyed your writing too. Can't say this game was a dissapointment, because I had my share of positive emotions. It just wasn't really what I expected, otherwise I would be okay suffering through the entire game as a nation with 3 provinces and 1,5 castles.

Edit: actually, if anybody wants to pwn me in another 'Dexian pbem (I know you all secretly hate me, you basterds) - check out this link: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...mean-team-police-violence-needs-a-sub.101812/

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Fuck it! Fuck it all! And here I was undercover all this time, patiently waiting to undermine this Bogarusian drunkard of a nation. I'm Executor - Midgard btw, but I guess anyone who's read any of the First Law books figured that out.

Yeah, this game's been a bit underwhelming with half the nations not even really participating. Even my own semi-literate posts fell behind a bit lately and I failed to deliver a grand invasion of Atlantis due to time restrictions.
I've been home for the last month and it's that fucking devil's fruit harvest season here (raspberries), so I'm kinda in the fields like 12 hours a day. Makes it easy enough to do the turns but not much time for RP.
(PM me if you want some raspberries, 1 blood slave per kilo)

Hats off to you Grimwulf for all the amazing stuff you've written. If you ever decide to make your own RP game happen feel free to call on me to help out, just allow some mod nations cause I'd love me some pirates matey! Yarrrr!

Andnjord

Arcane
chesspool
So this is the Codex now?
deep-forest-garden-inn.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Since I'm going HOLY CRUSADE on TC, I've decided to finish this LP after I'm done. All turns are saved, so no worries here. If I post now, I would give my enemy intel advantage and reveal some diplo details with other nations, which wouldn't be polite right now.

Rest assured, it's almost over.

pntkghovte.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm still alive in this game, surprisingly. Most of the guys too. And Elizabeth Bathory. Here is Azira, for instance:

wjjycv.jpg

prolal.jpg

As you can see, he hates his life. T'ien Ch'i is long gone. The army of Bogarus is sieging Arcoscephale.

sxbpqn.jpg

Sometimes I regret signing up for this.

:negative:

Got bored and left

Huh, I expected the game to be over by now, whaddya know. This thing just refuses to go away, eh? :D

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hah! Mute and legendarily cruel, what an amusing twist. And quite fitting for the editor of a newsflesh. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom