Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 pbem: The Chronicles of Bogarus

Do you miss the stupid combat warcries of regular soldiers, like it used to be in Helheim LP?

• Yes, I need them back. Keep it stupid and funny!

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No, it's sirius-ass roleplaying game. I'm fine with the way it is.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • TSAR KOMRADE KOMMISSAR

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lizzurd

Cipher
Dear gentlemen, the great disastrous danger which will cause great disaster is threatening our country with threat! Tien Chi barbarian hordes of barbarian people are coming to raid our lands with coming. Now we must choose between two foreign countries with choosing. Ulmish people of Ulm are well known as cruel for their cruelty and it said they are using blood magic to fight in battles with blood magic. Honored vikings of Midgard are honor vikings and our allied countries were always in ally. I suggest to choose Midgard with my suggestion.

Caul Shivers

Scholar
Whoops. Just reread the whole thing. Missed key choice numero zwei;

Let's see how things pan out first (option 3).
After all, Caul Shivers is a cautions and prudent man first and foremost and opportunity might strike in the meantime. No need to shackle ourselves to our new masters just yet, though a bit of bdsm is always pleasant.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
:updatedmytxt: with all your choices. Also, updated op-post with factions.

for the next Tissue. Of course a Master of Names has ears and eyes in many different places.

He sure does, but the amount of sinner's skin is somewhat limited right now. But just you wait til we conquer those horse rapers.

(wait till Mondblut proclaims the True Name of the Goddess as... Bu'ti :lol: )

WHAT A TWIIIIST

As long as her name isn't AMRAV, everything goes.

Three factions:

Actually, you missed two more. Updated op-post for those who's interested.

Why make a decision now, while you can still postpone it.

Because you might not survive 'til the next meeting. Ded men cannot submit their votes. But I'll just assume you decided to stay neutral for now.
:M

Jester

Arbiter
Actually, you missed two more. Updated op-post for those who's interested.

If everything goes according to plan Tserkov will go bye bye, but you are right.

4) Church
5) part time BDSM enthusiasts, part time killers.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
3) I'll stay neutral on whether to "ally" with Ulm or Midgard, at least for the moment.
4) I will also write to Mondblut and tell him of the events of the meeting.

mondblut

Arcane
WHAT A TWIIIIST

As long as her name isn't AMRAV, everything goes.

That was my first thought, as a matter of fact, but eventually the mighty Amrav, humiliator of Helheim, was disqualified on the grounds of being male.

Or... was s/he?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Sorry, men. I had circumstances. Don't hate.

I had to submit 13th turn before posting an update, coz it's kind of a prick move to ask for extension just because I can't post update in time. There will be no choices in turn 13 (it was proceeded by the server already).

The good news is I'll try to post two updates today, both turn 13 and turn 14. The first one is coming in 15 mins.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 13

lfSvtR7.jpg

Grimgravy spent this month enduring self-flagellation, and waiting for Her Voice to come back. Nothing seemed to help. When his hand was too tired to whip, he asked one of his followers to do it instead. At some point he even nailed himself to the cross and walked around the province, with another Khlyst whipping his back. Others left him long ago, going back to Gorevo.

Then, one day, Her Voice returned. She said, “RUN”.

Grimgravy escaped from the Hand, laughing with happiness. He made it just in the nick of time before barbarians attacked.

oCzTvO9.jpg

qSKaykS.jpg

The Avangard of new Bogarusian Voisko entered the province of Rimtooth Pass. Roughly fifty men led by one of the most experienced and capable military commander of the Tsardom, Veliky Knyaz Janvar Chetverti. Strangely enough, two alchemists from the capital accompanied this army as well.

HpNYNNi.jpg

Rimtooth Pass was free to claim, T’ien Ch’i failed to show any resistance. One of the Khlysts had to kill himself, because he made a vow to kill at least something this day.

WVMHAzm.jpg

After breaking camp, Mondblut and Janvar met in the War Tent to discuss the next step.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
The enemy fell back to Trollhome, but a small group managed to slip through our ranks and raid the Hand.

KJxMfra.jpg

xmwZb0l.jpg
Poor, poor Yuri. Seems like he won’t receive as much taxes this month.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
T’ien Ch’i won’t get anything from this province as well. It’s too far from their territory. This barbarian group is trapped out there, but we need somebody to go and finish them off.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I heard a rumor that your brother gathered another warband recently. Just go ahead and ask him to help.

Janvar frowned. He hated the very thought of asking Iyul to help after what happened in Morassia, but there is no place for emotions during war. Somebody has to get rid of T’ien Ch’i presence in the Hand.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
What about you?

xmwZb0l.jpg
Me? Reclaiming the Hand for your Tsar?

Mondblut chuckled, but then his face became dead serious for a moment.

xmwZb0l.jpg
You don't understand what's going on here, do you?

8Tkh3Af.jpg
Bringing your men to Rimtooth Pass this was only a part of the bargain. You promised to support us until T’ien Ch’i goes extinct.

xmwZb0l.jpg
And I will. My loyal servant Grimgravy is gathering more forces as we speak. You will have them soon. And don’t forget I brought you two alchemists from the city.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
Lizzurd and Ad Avis. Polkin told me they serve Rasputin.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Indeed. Grigori owed me a favor, and it was time for him to pay up. The alchemists are yours until the end of the war, but then they will return to Rasputin’s service.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
More reinforcements and magic support, hm? All right. That will suffice.

xmwZb0l.jpg
"Suffice"? Allying with me is the greatest achievement of your Tsar so far. You would do well to appreciate it. Underrestimating Khlysty is a common mistake that backfires hard.

Mondblut was about to leave the tent.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Can't say I'm looking forward to see you again, Grand Prince. Farewell.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
I still want to know where are you going. Back to Gorevo?

xmwZb0l.jpg
Although it doesn’t concern you one bit, I'm going to Trollhome.

8Tkh3Af.jpg
Aren’t you worried about barbarian forces patrolling the province?

xmwZb0l.jpg
My old companion Jagreen Lern is waiting for me there. Barbarians weren’t able to discover him for several months now. Khlysty can be very discreet when we want to, Janvar.

7ZQezke.jpg

The crowd of gawkers filled the Grand Cathedral, and even more people were standing outside, listening to the Patriarch’s flaming speech.

YnKe3pB.jpg
THE SOLE REASON FOR THIS IS YOUR INDIFFERENCE! YOUR HERESY! YOUR SIN!!!

His zealous screams didn’t stop since morning. He blamed people and the Court for everything that happened to Bogarus during past months.

YnKe3pB.jpg
YOU BELIEVED IN ELIZABETH BATHORY AS IF SHE WAS YOUR GODDESS! YOU TRUSTED SCUM LIKE AMBASSADOR BORIS AND GRIGORI RASPUTIN TO RULE THIS CITY AND THIS TSARDOM!

Among the crowd, Boris and Rasputin were standing, watching this performance without a sign of concern.

6rNobRS.jpg
What did you do to piss off our Patriarch like that, Boris? Aren’t you afraid of endless torment in the afterlife?

Boris smirked. Or maybe just sniffed.

wTTArIT.jpg
I came back from Midgard yesterday, after I spoke to Jarl Tul Duru Thunderhead. I had to make a tough decision, but Alexej’s massive failure in the east didn’t leave me any real choice.

The Patriarch was surrounded by a horde of Eparchs and Exarchs. They had terrified and somewhat confused looks on their faces.

YnKe3pB.jpg
NO MORE! NO MORE!!! I WILL PERSONALLY CONDEMN YOU TO ETERNAL DAMNATION IF YOU WON’T REPENT! DO IT HERE AND NOW! COME BACK TO THE BOSOM OF THE TSERKOV AND ASK FOR MY GUIDANCE!

Rasputin ignored the Patriarch, but Ambassador’s negotiations with Midgard caught his attention.

6rNobRS.jpg
Care to explain?

wTTArIT.jpg
Look.

Boris passed a scrap of paper to Grigori. It was a piece of map.

yMqd6WR.jpg

6rNobRS.jpg
Atlantis claimed Karghad Hills. Curses.

wTTArIT.jpg
Katrina told me it was a mess.

8aYt3hD.jpg

wTTArIT.jpg
Some sort of sacred warriors in bone armor…

6rNobRS.jpg
Arssartuts.

lZ4zszT.jpg

wTTArIT.jpg
Doesn’t matter – they just came there and killed every human who tried to resist. No explanation or reasoning.

6rNobRS.jpg
Who was leading them?

wTTArIT.jpg
Two priests. They were referred to as Sesi and Kilalurak and used magic slime in battle. Mostly hitting their own units or missing entirely.

6rNobRS.jpg
Tungaliks. Interesting.

YnKe3pB.jpg
BE GRATEFUL FOR THE CHANCE THAT KROVOSLAVNAYA TSERKOV GRANTS YOU THIS DAY! WE SHALL ACCEPT ANYBODY WHO IS READY TO ATONE FOR HIS SINS! AND YOU AAAAAALL MUST SEEK REDEMPTION! GAMBLERS, TRAITORS, RAPERS AND WHOOOOOORES!!!

The Patriarch was red and sweaty, but showed no sign of exhaustion.

6rNobRS.jpg
Why did you negotiate with Midgard then? You were supposed to meet with Atlantis representatives. Discuss their aggressive advance towards Bogarus and conquering our former territory.

wTTArIT.jpg
No need for that. I told Jarl Tul Duru that Bogarus allows Midgard to cross King’s Cut to the south, claiming Ulanth and Misty Murk. Harding Grim, the Jarl’s brother, will lead the southern campaign personally.

6rNobRS.jpg
We did so much to ensure that Midgard never crosses King’s Cut. But I can see why you did it.

wTTArIT.jpg
So that we won’t have to negotiate with these creatures. Alexej and his “glorious” general Hoverdogoff failed to expand our eastern borders, so what was I supposed to do? Try to convince Atlantis to go back, before they face the fury of the Patriarch?

YnKe3pB.jpg
AND WHEN YOUR FINAL JUDGEMENT COMES, YOU WILL TELL THE JUDGES ABOVE THAT IT WAS I – YOUR PATRIARCH – WHO GRANTED YOU ABSOLUTION! YOU WANT THIS! BUT YOU MUST EARN MY FORGIVENESS FIRST!

The people were mumbling prayers and performing religious gestures rapidly.

6rNobRS.jpg
Still, you gifted Midgard too much. Their military presence in the area threatens our safety.

wTTArIT.jpg
You don’t say. In fact, I met Jarl Tul Duru in Bannerwood, which he conquered recently. I saw his personal army with my own eyes.

I24aQPP.jpg
PC0C15Z.jpg

Z3Sr3IV.jpg

6rNobRS.jpg
He conquered Bannerwood?

wTTArIT.jpg
And he can conquer Bogarus just as easily.

The Patriarch went on with "preaching", not even noticing that Rasputin and Ambassador are here, among the crowd.

YnKe3pB.jpg
CAN YOU SEE IT NOW? CAN YOU SEE THE TRUTH?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW WRONG YOUR WERE BEFORE?! WHAT A CRIMINAL MISTAKE WAS TO TRUST THE COURT INFIDELS TO RULE OUR WEAKENED NATION! COME TO ME, CHILDREN! JOIN THE HOLY ARMY!

wTTArIT.jpg
Even considering that, letting Midgard overtake our former territory to use it as footing against Atlantis was the only effective course of action. Now we can forget about frog creatures and fully focus on the west.

Rasputin was silent for several minutes.

YnKe3pB.jpg
THIS LAND NEEDS YOUR PROTECTION! THE TSERKOV NEEDS YOU! YOUR PATRIARCH NEEDS YOU!!!

6rNobRS.jpg
I have to agree with your decision, Boris. Although I don’t believe that Midgard-Atlantis conflict will last for long. And when they come to some sort of peaceful agreement, what will Harding Grim do next?

wTTArIT.jpg
Probably invade us. Probably set sails to another direction. Time will tell.

6rNobRS.jpg
You don’t sound very optimistic. I can see what triggered Alexej so much.

YnKe3pB.jpg
WE SHALL GO EAST AND STAND OUR GROUND, LETTING NOBODY TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS! WE SHALL KILL EVERY MIDGARDEAN AND ATLANTEAN INVADER THAT DARES TO SHOW HIS HERETIC FACE TO US! ARE YOU WITH ME, WARRIORS OF FAITH?!

The crowd suddenly became silent and still. Nobody murmured prayers anymore. Nobody even moved.

The Patriarch was still raging on, though.

wTTArIT.jpg
I can’t stand it his shouting anymore. If you excuse me, Grigori, I have other business to attend to.

6rNobRS.jpg
Wait. Look.

Rasputin pointed towards Alexej, with a smile. Boris glanced at screaming Patriarch, but didn’t notice anything.

wTTArIT.jpg
What?

6rNobRS.jpg
Look closer, Boris. Behind his back.

wTTArIT.jpg
Wh… Oh. What the hell?

Eparchs that stood behind Alexej were all dead. Their sights were staring into nothing; blood-red stains were slowly soaking their golden cassocks. Some unnatural force kept them standing on their feet.

wTTArIT.jpg
That… explains the sudden silence in the crowd. Was it your doing, Grigori?

Rasputin didn’t answer. He was watching Alexej.

YnKe3pB.jpg
YOU WILL FIGHT FOR ME, FOR THE TSERKOV, FOR KROVOSLAVIE! *I* WILL PURIFY YOUR BLOOD, AND NOT SOME MYTHICAL COUNTESS! REMEMBER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL – ELIZABETH BATHORY DOESN’T EXIST!!!

A woman’s laughter echoed throughout the Grand Hall. This echo was so loud and unnaturally cold, that even Alexej had to stop his monologue. An iron smell of blood filled the air instantly.

YnKe3pB.jpg
Who… WHO’S THERE?!

Nobody answered. Grigori's voice pierced the silence like a sharp knife.

6rNobRS.jpg
Turn around and see for yourself.

Alexej gulped nervously and slowly turned around. He saw that every Eparch and Exarch of the Tserkov was dead. Their bodies that were standing by pure miracle, finally fell down simultaneously.

Only one figure was still on her feet. Her cold eyes were looking directly at the Patriarch.

6rNobRS.jpg
ON YOUR KNEES, MORTALS! BEHOLD YOUR GODDESS, ELIZABETH BATHORY!

With these words, Rasputin fell on his knees himself. Every man, woman and child followed his example, even Ambassador Boris, who was never a religious man. Everybody, except for Patriarch Alexej.

YnKe3pB.jpg
I… I am not afraid of you.

hVzQ9af.jpg
You should be.

Elizabeth tore the heart out of Alexej’s chest in a single swift move. He was looking at it beating in Elizabeth's hand for some moments. Alexej's eyes expressed nothing but confusion when his body fell before the Countess.

The Patriarch was dead.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I commend you for trying, but it seems that two updates in one day was merely a sweet dream.

Will the second one be coming today then?

mondblut

Arcane
Eh, if I knew the bearded bitch is about to bite it anyway very soon, would have tried to kill him first. What a waste.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
You should point both Midgard and Atlantis to this LP, saying they should leave you alone for the time being if they want to read it 'till the end. T' Ien Chi is a lost cause I think...

Then they'll see your horribru teasing tactics and steamroll you, where's muh update?

You should point both Midgard and Atlantis to this LP, saying they should leave you alone for the time being if they want to read it 'till the end.

Swift defeat is the best way to ensure that you get to read this to the end. If the game drags on, it might share the fate of Helheim LP. :troll:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I commend you for trying, but it seems that two updates in one day was merely a sweet dream.

Will the second one be coming today then?

Yes. Too many stuff needs to be mentioned, and the update ended up bigger than I expected.

You should point both Midgard and Atlantis to this LP, saying they should leave you alone for the time being if they want to read it 'till the end. T' Ien Chi is a lost cause I think...

Then they'll see your horribru teasing tactics and steamroll you, where's muh update?

It's coming!

An old man has to drink. A drunk man has to sleep. Then the Hangover Man awakens and writes the update. I am this man right now.

Jester

Arbiter
Mby Hangoverman evolved into Drunkenman. That's some messed up evolution tree.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
CHAPTER 14
PART 1

UUL5UjA.jpg

The barbarian general of T’ien Ch’i didn’t try to escape, or hide, not even to recruit some locals. He spent the whole month doing nothing. He was awaiting inevitable death just like a pig waiting to be slaughtered. His waiting was not in vain - the butcher has finally come.

aIcZE8C.jpg

Who knows what this band tried to achieve by coming to the Hand?

jMoVHMR.jpg

This time Iyul Chetverti managed to obtain several Druzhinas.

QPrH0BP.jpg

The fight was over quickly. The General died from the first strike of Druzhina.

3F49Odj.jpg

4bZ279P.jpg

Long ago, when Patrokrator was still undisputable God and Elizabeth Bathory was an honorable member of Tsardom’s Royal Court, she used to live in rich estate not far from the capital city. After her disappearance, the Tsar refused to give away the Bathory Estate, hoping that she will come back eventually. Thus it became abandoned and neglected, slowly devoured by the hungry earth it stood upon.

After the scene in the Grand Cathedral, Elizabeth came home and spent an entire day in the bath that Grigori Rasputin prepared beforehand. It wasn’t filled with water.

zLO2n7l.jpg

Grigori himself was sitting on a stool beside the blood bath, retelling the events of the last year. She didn’t interrupt him until he finished.

6rNobRS.jpg
… Enraged by Ambassador’s decision to let Midgard take over our former territory, Alexej attempted to denounce the Royal Court, and force people into military service of the Tserkov. This is it. You know what happened next.

“I happened”, - was written on Elizabeth’s smiling face.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Bogarus failed to reclaim eastern provinces. It is engaged in defensive war against T’ien Ch’i. My champion is imprisoned in the dungeon of rebellious Grand Prince. And to add to the insult, the first thing I saw upon coming to this realm is the Patriarch himself preaching that I don’t exist. You have disappointed me, Grigori.

6rNobRS.jpg
I am sorry, Countess.

Elizabeth waved at Grigori, showing that she doesn’t care about excuses.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Since you are not competent enough, I will have to solve all problems personally, like I did with Alexej. Show me the map.

6rNobRS.jpg
As you wish.

WM7dc72.jpg

Elizabeth examined the map for several minutes in silence.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Send messages to Ulm and Pythium. Tell them that Bogarus offers a reward for conquering provinces of Sleeper’s Embrace and River Orn. Tell Ambassador and Kaznachei to sign these messages.

6rNobRS.jpg
Do you think it’s…

hVzQ9af.jpg
You will carry out my orders without questions, Grigori. If I need your opinion, I will let you know.

6rNobRS.jpg
Yes, Countess.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Did you take the Royal Seal from Alexej’s chambers?

6rNobRS.jpg
Of course. It is secured in the Hall of Elders.

hVzQ9af.jpg
From now on, consider yourself the Keeper of the Seal. An Edict has to be signed by your hand in order to be legit. Cancel Alexej’s Edicts. Make sure this information spreads Tsardom-wide.

6rNobRS.jpg
I can tell Azira to make a note in the next newsflesh.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Do it.

6rNobRS.jpg
He won’t receive as much sinner’s skin for his publishing house, now that the Patriarch is gone.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Arrest the families of Eparchs and Exarchs which I executed yesterday. Parents, children, brothers, sisters – all the relatives they had. Make a public statement that their blood was corrupted by Alexej’s influence, thus they are sentenced to eighty years of imprisonment, during which they will be purified. Then use their skin for publishing next Tissue.

6rNobRS.jpg
It should be enough for one Tissue, I suppose.

hVzQ9af.jpg
I will solve this problem in due time. How many Edicts did Alexej sign?

6rNobRS.jpg
A lot of them, actually. Mostly Tserkov-related: new tithes, different privileges of Eparchs, and minor law changes, concerning the safety of Tserkov’s servants. However, there were two important Edicts. One grants the title of Knyaz and the province of Morassia to Azira the Master of Propaganda. He is loyal to me and to you, Countess. I insisted on that Edict.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Then make a new one with your own signature.

6rNobRS.jpg
As you say. The other one grants the title of Knyaz and the province of Deerhome to commander Hoverdogoff.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Alexej’s personal lackey?

6rNobRS.jpg
Yes. He conquered three eastern provinces for the Tsardom. Although Morassian defenders were crushed by Knyaz Iyul Chetverti before Hoverdogoff even got there. And the Great Wood was a massive failure - a truly shameful battle, which he escaped from, and lost two months before coming there again and finally claiming it. It wasn’t an achievement. But all that is nothing, compared to his actions in Deerhome. What he did there was outright treason!

hVzQ9af.jpg
Tell me everything.

6rNobRS.jpg
There used to be a squire in Sviatoslav’s voisko. A man who was known as Dreaad. Not the bravest of the lot, and hardly a decent fighter. Back when Sviatoslav was holding Rimtooth Pass against countless T’ien Ch’i raidings, he sent Dreaad to the city. Dreaad’s orders were clear: to gather reinforcements and bring them to Rimtooth Pass. Instead, both Dreaad and reinforcements ended up in Deerhome, fighting alongside with Hoverdogoff. I am sure that Dreaad was indoctrinated by Alexej, and murdered by Hoverdogoff in order to hide the evidence. Right after that, Alexej awarded Hoverdogoff with Deerhome and title, clearly to buy his silence.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Cancel this Edict. When Hoverdogoff returns to the city, throw him into the dungeon.

6rNobRS.jpg
Torture?

hVzQ9af.jpg
Only if he resists the arrest. I want a proper trial before deciding what to do with him.

6rNobRS.jpg
As you wish, Countess.

hoverdog, you heard troubling rumors about the Patriarch’s execution. This can’t be good. Make your move.

1. I’ll hide in the woods. Gather a band of brigands or something. They can’t get me here!

2. I’ll return to the city and figure out something. I did nothing wrong, right? Right?

3. I’ll go to Deerhome, build a small house and live like a fucking Tsar! I *own* this province, woohoo!

Elizabeth leaned back in the bath. The blood was cold, but pleasant for her skin. She took a moment to enjoy the sensation.

6rNobRS.jpg
… I hate to interrupt, but our time is short, Countess.

She sighed.

6rNobRS.jpg
In these Edicts, I must point out who gives the orders. Your name has to be there, but I am not sure about the title. You will remain our Countess forever, but others won’t understand.

hVzQ9af.jpg
How do the people refer to me?

6rNobRS.jpg
… Differently.

qokfBn3.jpg

hVzQ9af.jpg
What is this?

6rNobRS.jpg
Azira’s work. Many peasants nowadays believe that back in the past, when Bogarus was a struggling and divided Tsardom, all its troubles and strife were caused by demons. But then you came here, banished the demons, and led this land to prosperity, thus making you the Tamer of Demons. Then you had left to the better world, the world that accepts only the pure and righteous ones. The same world where Pantokrator had gone to. There you could spend an eternity in blissfulness, but thoughts about poor people of Bogarus were tormenting your mind, thus you returned here, to this damnable land, to show us all the right way. Which makes you the Princess of Suffering for the peasants. Goddess of Hierarchs is a title that several Eparchs tried to include in doctrines. To avoid proclaiming you as the one and only Goddess, but rather *just* a Goddess. A Goddess of *something*, you see.

hVzQ9af.jpg
What about “Eater of Children”?

6rNobRS.jpg
… That’s how you have been called for a long time. Azira does his best, but some rumors are impossible to root out. I am sorry, my Countess.

She closed her eyes for a moment.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Queen. In these Edicts, refer to me simply as Queen.

6rNobRS.jpg
Proclaiming you the Queen of Bogarus requires a proper ceremony…

hVzQ9af.jpg
Later, Grigori. We have other topics to discuss. There was a battle in the Hand this month.

6rNobRS.jpg
Yes. Knyaz Iyul Chetverti has beaten T’ien Ch’i forces.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Who gave him the order?

6rNobRS.jpg
Nobody did. This man refuses to serve anybody, but rather leads his men in battles when he has a reason to do it. This time he had some sort of agreement with his brother Janvar and Alexander Nevsky.

hVzQ9af.jpg
I suppose he intends to pass the Hand to the rebels.

Elizabeth smiled, as if she came up with solution to the situation.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Award Knyaz Iyul with the Hand.

6rNobRS.jpg
... Countess?

hVzQ9af.jpg
And invite him to the Royal Palace.

Joined on the 4th of July , you received a suspicious invitation signed by Grigori Rasputin. It says that you are awarded with the Hand, and invited to the Royal Palace. At the same time, Alexander Nevsky is waiting for you in the Ivory Keep. His Black Hoods are watching your every step, you can’t go to the city without him knowing about it.

1. I’ll go to the Royal Palace and see what they want from me. Maybe there will be another way to release Artemy and Sviatoslav later. Maybe.

2. I’ll go to the Ivory Keep to settle down the agreement. I promised them the Hand. They promised to release my friends. But since now I am the Knyaz of the Hand, Alexander will take *me* prisoner instead. He can’t just let me go, while this Edict is valid. Proklyatie.

hVzQ9af.jpg
I want my own Patriarch to lead the Tserkov.

6rNobRS.jpg
It isn’t easy to find a man of Faith that is both loyal, famous and respected. We had one, previously. Batushka Artemy.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Where is he now?

6rNobRS.jpg
Katrina couldn’t locate him. He vanished in the middle of the battle against T’ien Ch’i. Katrina’s best guess is that he is currently held prisoner by Alexander Nevsky, along with Sviatoslav.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Make preparations for his inauguration. Find Eparchs that were excommunicated by Alexej and invite them back in the Tserkov on behalf of the new Patriarch. As long as they worship me as Goddess, of couse. Tell them to write the necessary clarifications in doctrines of Krovoslavie.

6rNobRS.jpg
Ivory Keep is well-defended, Countess. We cannot just go there and fight our way to the dungeon.

hVzQ9af.jpg
This is my problem, Grigori. Patriarch Artemy will be the voice of my Tserkov now.

6rNobRS.jpg
Elizabeth, you cannot go to the Ivory Keep alone.

hVzQ9af.jpg
I don’t intend to.

Grimgravy, you SUDDENLY hear Her Voice in your head, and it was never that clear and beautiful! She tells you that you must join her this week, along with reinforcements that you’ve gathered recently. Whip yourself hard, and make your decision

1. Mondblut’s order was clear: I must bring these reinforcements to Rimtooth Pass. These men are needed to fight T’ien Ch’i. They say that bad things happen to people who disobey Mondblut. I’d better go to Rimtooth Pass. FORGIVE ME, GODDESS, FOR I AM AN UNWORTHY SINNER! *whip*

2. THE GODDESS TOLD ME TO JOIN HER! JOIN HER!!! OF COURSE I WILL JOIN! Ohhh, I am SO UNWORTHY OF SUCH HONOR! *whip* *whip* *whip*

hVzQ9af.jpg
Now tell me about these alchemists that you’ve sent to serve the rebels.

Rasputin’s face changed for a moment, and Elizabeth noticed it. It was foolish of him to think that she won’t find out.

6rNobRS.jpg
I owed a favor to a certain man. The alchemists will be back in the city right after this war is over. I assure you.

hVzQ9af.jpg
How naïve of you to think that the rebels will honor their word.

6rNobRS.jpg
Not the rebels, Countess. Mondblut, the leader of Khlysty. He is currently allied with Nevsky, to wage war against T'ien Ch'i more effectively. I thought that contributing for this mutual effort will be a right thing to do. Ad Avis and Lizzurd are both expendable, but they can make a difference on the battlefield, since we were rather successful with our magical research so far.

hVzQ9af.jpg
I don’t want any harm done to any of them. Who leads them in battle?

6rNobRS.jpg
Veliky Knyaz Janvar Chetverti. Rather experienced military commander, my Countess.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Send him a message. Tell him that if any of my alchemists die, he will suffer the same fate as Alexej.

6rNobRS.jpg
Of course.

hVzQ9af.jpg
Now tell me about Khlysty and Mondblut. The man who manipulated Grigori Rasputin himself.

xf8IB8C.jpg

Jagreen Lern received Mondblut’s invitation, and met him in a small secluded village of Chigizmuk. He knew this place well, for his group visited it several times during past few months. People of Trollhome are easily convinced to reject the faith in Bu-Ti and the rule of T’ien Ch’i, and the villagers of Chigizmuk were no exception. No wonder they provided shelter for Khlysty. One of the families abandoned their own house, so that Fivefold Angels could live there whenever they want.

xmwZb0l.jpg
What a nice place. Such a warm welcome. I see you can still be convincing, Jagreen.

EzX5z2u.jpg
I am sure Chigizmuk will become the next Gorevo in time. It is good to see you, Mondblut.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Likewise. Does the rest of Trollhome support our cause like that?

EzX5z2u.jpg
People here don’t believe in Bu-Ti anymore, and most of them refuse to pay taxes and tributes to barbarians. They wait for Bogarus to come and liberate this land, believing that the Tsardom will take good care of the population. When should we expect the voisko?

xmwZb0l.jpg
Janvar will lead his men here as soon as the time comes. Meanwhile, you and I will split up, take several Khlysts with us, and visit all Trollhome villages once again. I think that these people need some more… convincing.

EzX5z2u.jpg
It is always a pleasure to enlighten other people. Speaking of which, several fully enlightened young women followed me here from Rimtooth Pass. Their families died during series of unfortunate events, and now they barely ever speak because of such traumatic experience. But their smiles speak for themselves – the girls will be happy to accompany our righteous groups.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Virgins, I presume? Then it is my duty to take good care of them, and make sure their blood remains pure. By any means necessary.

Both Angels smiled understandingly.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Let us discuss the recent events, shall we? Starting from this letter you’ve sent me before.

EzX5z2u.jpg
Ah, yes. The secret gathering a few months ago.

xmwZb0l.jpg
How did you end up in this group anyway? And why? You never mentioned it before. A fact that makes me wonder…

EzX5z2u.jpg
You know me, Mondblut. People tend to trust me a lot of different things, and I have one irresistible weakness.

Jagreen’s eyes sparkled for a moment.

EzX5z2u.jpg
Curiosity. So I joined this group some time ago, providing some minor services every now and then. Mostly helping Katrina with her spying network.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Your Khlysts report to the Royal Spy now?

EzX5z2u.jpg
They report to me. And after that, I pass selective information to the Royal Spy.

xmwZb0l.jpg
I would prefer to have a report about that earlier.

EzX5z2u.jpg
There are many things I don't tell you, Mondblut. But rest assured, my every decision is ultimately aimed for the benefit of Khlysty. You, of all people, should trust me more. After all, both of us are Fivefold Angels.

xmwZb0l.jpg
You said that this man, Caul Shivers, was supposed to set a trap for Bathory?

EzX5z2u.jpg
Yes, an interesting case indeed. He was tasked this mission by the conspirators, and surely had enough skill to pull it out successfully, but he never intended to.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Are you sure?

EzX5z2u.jpg
Of course. I could see it in his eyes, smell in his blood and hear in the echo of his thoughts. You know that I am never wrong about people.

xmwZb0l.jpg
What are his motives then?

EzX5z2u.jpg
It could probably be simple cowardness, but my instincts tell me there is more to it. The man himself smells very… foreign.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Keep an eye on him for me. What we have here is extremely powerful information that opens a lot of opportunities. A plot against the Tsardom itself, with so many influential and high-standing people leading it. But this knowledge is worthless without proof. I simply cannot use it in any way. Do you think you can acquire some evidence for me?

EzX5z2u.jpg
I will think about it.

JagreenLern, what do you think?

1. Ask Iyul Chetverti to betray the group and witness against it when the time comes. He doesn’t risk anything quitting it like that, because he is too valuable for the Tsardom to be executed for nothing. And you have this feeling that Iyul Chetverti might want to quit the group anyway.

If JagreenLern takes this option, then Joined on the 4th of July makes another choice:

1. Agree to witness against the group and wait for further notice. Fuck vassalage, Bogarus can survive on its own. Maybe.

2. Go with this information to your dear friend Katrina and finally get rid of Jagreen Lern. He creeps you out.

2. Blackmail Caul Shivers. Let him know that you will expose his treachery to the group, and who knows what will happen next? Promise him a safe place among the ranks of Khlysty if he joins you. All he has to do is witness against the group when the time comes. And remove the fruits of sin, of course.

If JagreenLern takes this option, then Caul Shivers is in trouble:

1. Agree to witness against the group and wait for further notice. Also, cut your balls and find a fashionable whip for future usage.

2. Don’t answer anything, and stay away from the Tsardom for a while. Just hide in foreign territory, without sending reports or exposing yourself in any other way. Wait for the situation to resolve itself.

3. Send a message with explanations to Katrina. (write an actual message, with reasons about your actions – be it cowardness or smth else, or maybe outright lie that you’ve tried but failed, etc). Tell her that Jagreen Lern has to be dealt with. (choosing this option might lead to different consequences, depending on your message)

3. Send an anonymous letter to Azira for publishing in the newsflesh. This could be a dangerous step, for you cannot provide the names and too much details of this group of conspirators. If you do, he will just pass this information to the authorities; the members of the group will be arrested and most likely executed. Along with you. On the other hand, if you write something too vague and uninteresting, this information will never be published. The goal is to give just barely enough hints for the material to be interesting, but not enough to expose the members of the group. This will grant you and Mondblut an opportunity to manipulate the group, threatening to expose them in case they won’t obey. Or maybe use this to sell the rest of the details to a third party. It depends on how it goes. (write an actual message if you chose this option. Can lead to different consequences if published).

If JagreenLern takes this option, then Azira decides:

1. To publish.

2. Not to publish.

4. Wait for a better opportunity. Maybe when they start correspondence with some other nation, or gather another meeting. No need to take risks right now.

5. SUDDENLY betray Mondblut and expose this group to Rasputin or Azira, in exchange for your own safety. Offer your services to Elizabeth Bathory.

xmwZb0l.jpg
It is time we discuss the main topic. I suppose you heard the news from the capital already.

EzX5z2u.jpg
My friends are very informative when it comes to the news. Poor Alexej.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Now I regret I didn’t end his misery myself when I had the chance. What a pleasant surprise would it be for Elizabeth. I could become the new Patriarch right now, instead of wasting my breath converting Trollhome peasants.

EzX5z2u.jpg
Do you think she considers us her enemies? You have allied with Alexander Nevsky, after all.

xmwZb0l.jpg
Only to aid our poor Tsardom in its struggle against the barbarians. Surely she understands.

EzX5z2u.jpg
Somehow, I doubt it will be easy to convince her about your altruistic intentions.

xmwZb0l.jpg
We have nothing to worry about right now. I contribute to this war effort, and it’s not like she has several armies to choose from.

EzX5z2u.jpg
True. Yet we must think about the future.

mondblut, share your thoughts with Jagreen Lern. Just thoughts, no actual decisions. Yet.

1. Khlysty should stick with Alexander Nevsky for now. He owes you, and he needs your aid. It is quite possible that he will overtake the Tron in the end, after the barbarian problem is dealt with. This will make you the Patriarch. But even if not, he can repay you in other ways.

2. Maybe it will be better to switch sides, if the situation becomes dire. It is unlikely that Elizabeth Bathory thinks of you as an enemy, and you would rather prefer to join her side than to confront such a being.

3. Actually, why not give that group of dirty plotters a chance? There is nothing wrong in Bogarus accepting vassalage. Besides, you can milk some profits from them while they try to be discreet. When the right time comes, Jagreen Lern will make sure that you will become the Patriarch.

Several new Edicts were issued by the Keeper of the Seal this month:

ds6viFl.png

lf3Nyzr.png

qHGQI7R.png

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Hush, like all true super heroes no one recognizes Hangoverman once he dons his battle-drunkness. Do not break the illusion by stating the obvious...
Isn't Sleepyman the real hero?
Everyone cosplaying him daily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom