Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM - Season 6 - Hooligan Onslaught - [ DRILLING IN ]

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Oh I can hold out for another 20 turns no problem.The snake will be reborn AGAIN!!!

18_tomcruise_lgl.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hosting postponed 12hr cus our whole team is too demoralized to submit a turn. I'm submitting mine in an hour or two and then I'll be gone, but yeah.....

:negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane

THIS IMAGE IS WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS

Yeah we're pretty bumfucked. But this game was heavily stacked. No dishonor in this defeat.

What do you mean with "Stacked"? Let's compare!

Stock Slavic Genius: our Grimwulf to your Lizzurd
Stock Good Player: our Anhur to your KoolNoodles
Stock Positive Newb: our thesheeep to your Muty
Stock Grunt: our hoverdog (that's hovering) to your Dreaad
Stock comedic relief: you, raw, to me, Dayyālu

Everything is balanced! Even better than Decline4!

Hosting postponed 12hr cus our whole team is too demoralized to submit a turn. I'm submitting mine in an hour or two and then I'll be gone, but yeah.....

NO RETREAT

NO SURRENDER

Yeah?

Last edited:

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
You forget the part where we did not start with our glorious lizard tavarish. We started with the man who must not be named who had apparently never played dominions AND managed to stale multiple times in the first 10 turns (Turn 6 he had 2 provinces and no army... TURN 6!!!!!,:abyssgazer: I need more vodka and milk.) Then left. Leaving the Koolest of Noodles playing as two nations.

Your completely not yet obvious victory clearly doesn't count, I demand Grimwulf Betrays the unholy alliance of evil rebels and joins the side of order
pict76.jpg

He should also send us all his gold and gems. That seems like the only fair solution :)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ce9QkFF.png

And he actually routed all of them and then promptly ran away....

Dayyālu

Arcane
And he actually routed all of them and then promptly ran away....

Can't route mindless. And it's the best way to deal with the massive cancer that's a buffed Earth Serpent: throw at them enough mindless chaff (to avoid the Fear Aura) and they will rout sooner or later if they attack. Fear them like hell in defense. They have shit-tier offensive capabilities and lack ways to improve them (seriously, what are you going to kill with a single target bite?).

The truly hilarious thing, is that I failed to script that battle: my troops where unscripted due to the fact that I sent the turn while keeping Dominions alt-tabbed, so half of my orders failed to load properly: even with a AI-tier level of scripting (crossbowmen charging into battle directly without firing) you managed to lose with a SC chassis and a full army, getting roughly 300% of my Gold losses.

Surrender, Giants! Ragha will be ours!

*Grimwulf was successfully neutralized*

You will welcome the Gift of Sobriety, Grimwulf. Heed my words. One day, you will limit yourself to that small glass of wine before going to bed.

First thing I'll do as Pantokrator when we win there.

Wait, why I am feeling that this is a bad idea

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
The truly hilarious thing, is that I failed to script that battle: my troops where unscripted due to the fact that I sent the turn while keeping Dominions alt-tabbed, so half of my orders failed to load properly: even with a AI-tier level of scripting (crossbowmen charging into battle directly without firing) you managed to lose with a SC chassis and a full army, getting roughly 300% of my Gold losses.
a

The stupid thing is that for some reason I failed with my scripting too. The Garmhirdings never got blessed and promptly died in turn. More or less I was fucked after that.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Goddammit, if you want to be the Third Rome you'll have to adapt something

Do you want to be like raw, a drinker of piss-coloured barbarian watery drinks or instead enjoy with moderation Divine Gifts of Eastern Gods with Millennia of Unbroken Tradition

Dammit, Grimmie, cut me some slack, I have to work with what I have at hand

Russian stuff remains kosher, ok? Do you lovely things even produce wine somewhere?

The stupid thing is that for some reason I failed with my scripting too. The Garmhirdings never got blessed and promptly died in turn. More or less I was fucked after that.

Talking seriously, now, without trolling or propaganda, I find that some of your choices with Utgard are suboptimal. For example, Garmhirdings with your poor bless (we both went for a Scale build) aren't that hot, and you should be a little more careful with the tactical scripting - you lost some winnable battles due to that -.

We have even discussed that in our convo, and I mantain the opinion (even if others disagree) that you should have moved from a Giant-centric strategy to implement some indie support or human-sized units, be faster with equipping and scripting Skratti as battlefield Thugs (they are nasty in that role) and be more proactive with the Serpent.

Your expansion was excellent - the best one out of every player - but now you are somewhat suffering.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Jeez, Noodles asked for extension til Monday evening. Where are dem admins?

Where? WHAT? WHAAAT?

FOR FUCK'S SAKE THE ONE TIME I DO NOT CHECK

:negative::negative::negative:

TAG ME OR POST IN THIS THREAD PLEASE

I WAS HERE SHITPOSTING TILL TEN MINS AGO

Should we rollback?

Zibniyat

Arcane
No. They know our moves, and while I did nothing special this turn, I am afraid some have.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What? The turn was rolled back?
so what's going on?

C'mon, people. Llama explained everything.

7th September: I woke up this morning to a message from the cloud hosting company I use to run the LlamaServer (not the website part, just the hosting part). Apparently the relevant computer broke and could not be fixed! Quite shocking. Fortunately I have a backup from ~24 hours before, so I will revert to that.

However, since I have to go to work now this may not be a very smooth process, and in any case it seems likely that any games that have hosted in the last 24 hours may go back in time. I'm very sorry for this, frankly I think this is quite terrible! Anyway I will do my best to get things working and keep you informed.

llama

Update: The new server is now online. I have postponed all games by 24 hours to give the admins time to figure out what is going on. Hopefully most games will not be badly affected. Anyway, please get in touch if you're having any problems.

so what's going on? should I send my previous turn once again?

I doubt you have your previous orders saved. If you want to make something different, you need to download turn 29 again (it's saved in your email, unless you deleted it - you can also request resending turn in game options page), make a turn again, and send new orders to llama.

Or you can just chill, coz your orders are there. Only Abysia and Utgard have to move.

Edit: Actually, seems like you'd better send your turn in any case

Edit: Players, if you have sent in a turn in the last 24/hours, I recommend sending it in again in case it has lost - even if it says "2h file received" on the website. Sorry about this!

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Ha-ha, THIS time i will fend off you army without even losses.

:hahyou:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom