Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM - Season 6 - Hooligan Onslaught - [ DRILLING IN ]

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I'm not really sure why my dudes decided to mill about in the middle of the battlefield towards the end for 4 or 5 rounds while not advancing, but it was probably a loss either way. Damn those inferior decoys.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm not really sure why my dudes decided to mill about in the middle of the battlefield towards the end for 4 or 5 rounds while not advancing

Not sure I follow. Advance to where? They tried to fight a wall of Man's heavy infantry, but culdn't get through.

oytaoqohte.jpg

The xbow heavy infantry of Man doesn't go full melee all at once (unless scripted to do so). Instead, some charge ahead and distract the enemy (closest ones), the others stand where they are and keep shooting.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
More a criticism of how units bunch up in combat in Dominions sometimes. That screen cap you took, there were like 4 dudes on the front and the rest just kinda stood around holding their dicks.

At least it felt like that, even with line formation. Stay in formation you fools!

Zibniyat

Arcane
I have already submitted my turn before patching. Should I resubmit with the patched game?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Muty outed as yet another Slav Dominions player

There's no end to them

Team Police, can I politely suggest surrender? You are outgunned, outmanoeuvred and outresearched. The armies and the civilians of Jomon are suffering (or enjoying, it depends from the point of view) the tender attentions of the Starspawns and of the Caelites.

The Abysians are being slaughtered by the brave Defenders of Man, and the Giants are falling by the dozen. Ragha is sieged on its capcircle, its armies fleeing in terror from the endless resources of Midgard and Agartha.

Let's stop the pain. Surrender, and we will be merciful.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yet another hope of playing LA Man up to lategame dies.

:negative:

I secretely consider Magisters Arcane to be the most crazy mages in the game, in terms of const-effectiveness. For 165 gold, you can recruit non-str powerhouse in any castle with lab. A2E1S1 + random path. The possibilities are insane.

Say, imagine you roll A2E2S1 and give him Robe of Shadows and a bunch of earth gems. Then cast Ritual of Returning. Then Cloud Trapeze upon an enemy doomstack and bombard it with Rain of Stones. Once you get hit yourself, return to the cap and repeat. Alternatevely, you can use Mistform instead of Robe of Shadows, if it's ok to waste first combat turn (read: the enemy doesn't deploy flying units).

Not to mention their other uses. My imagination has so much in stock for the guys, but somehow all my games as LA Man ended up abandoned by players. And now this. Get a fooking grip, raw!

Johannes

Arcane
^ Robe of Shadows is actually a bad choice for a RoS caster. It fails 1/4 of the time unlike a proper armor and is more expensive.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
^ Robe of Shadows is actually a bad choice for a RoS caster. It fails 1/4 of the time unlike a proper armor and is more expensive.

Aye, you got a point. And I forgot that ethereal either negates damage entirely or doesn't reduce it at all. So you need some high-prot armor or simply Mistform.

But still.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Our team has been playing really badly the past.....what turn is this? I of course include myself on that list. I'll take umbrage with your view of the game though. Only Jomon and Ragha are really suffering somewhat. Jotunheim's got a huge base to build from, TC remains untouched, Abysia started in a shit spot but is doing.....OK.

Again, we've played poorly.

Also, what the fuck is up with these random attack events? I've thwarted a handful of barbarian uprisings, and we already had a half dozen attacks of barbarians, knights, peasants.....on pretty valuable provinces. We even picked up a point of Luck for this bullshit, come on game!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Our team has been playing really badly the past.....what turn is this? I of course include myself on that list. I'll take umbrage with your view of the game though. Only Jomon and Ragha are really suffering somewhat. Jotunheim's got a huge base to build from, TC remains untouched, Abysia started in a shit spot but is doing.....OK.

Again, we've played poorly.

Also, what the fuck is up with these random attack events? I've thwarted a handful of barbarian uprisings, and we already had a half dozen attacks of barbarians, knights, peasants.....on pretty valuable provinces. We even picked up a point of Luck for this bullshit, come on game!

Abysia has less provinces than Man, our weakest player.

Utgard has lost every single engagement he tried, and he almost got his God killed on the battlefield. Being big is useless if you do not leverage that on the field of battle.

TC did nothing till now, even if I think that will change soon.

But again, after we kill off Jomon and Ragha (if we succeed, of course) it will be a mop-up. So be merciful and surrender :hug:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Abysia has less provinces....one less, than Man.
You're like wormtounge Dayyālu, always talking, not much to say. :smug:

Edit: We are screwed though. Police force will remain unified though. It's always darkest before the dawn.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Do I sense butthurt???

From me? Not possible, unless a player subs into MA Ermor and then breaks our Alliance and back stabs me with two other people. Then maybe. But only for a couple of turns. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom