Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Dominions 4 PBEM - Gateway and Archive Thread

Dayyālu

Arcane
Grimwulf invited a borderline insane maniac, I must say.

So, as *I* have proven to be a rather honest player in a good number of games, we can dare to say that Marverni has reneged on previous peaceful border divisions and launched a somewhat meaty attack with several Golems and two or three surface armies.

Sure, thanks to clumsy scripting and poor equipment he lost a Golem to a random patrol, but that happens. He will problably obtain further victories thanks to surprise alone.

The attack that you see on Sea of Rond is a patrol of mine getting back to a province and killing off his Golem. And it's a UW provinces, so mine by right for countless turns.

The army he posted is one of mine now fighting in Lanka, to deal with Astral Corruption (that now disappeared!).

And stop cluttering the thread here. Create e new one.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Jesus fucking christ. Fuck Neocodex and their fucking need to make a megathread out of everything. This shit makes me so angry.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well we were very prolific with those threads but obviously 7 in 1 isnt working very well. Some subforum for Codex mp games would be nice in strategy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Why did you even need 7 threads?

We had EU4 multiplayer sessions in the past but there wasn't more than 1 thread on the front page each time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
howard_point.gif

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
A bit yes. Gotta admit the game eludes me completely. But now explain to me why you would even want to run 6 sessions at the same time?

Lizzurd

Cipher
There are no much games in which a medium time of a game session is 6 months.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
But now explain to me why you would even want to run 6 sessions at the same time?

You see, one session easily lasts a year. While you can be pwnd out of existence in literally a month. So raw hosted a season and got pwnd. He didn't want to wait a year for the game to end, so he hosted a new one. And got pwnd again. And hosted a new one. And got pwnd again.

You got the idea.

There are just a lot of different people willing to play different pbems, what's the big deal? Other players are able to play several games. You can't merge those in one clusterfuck, it's fucking insane.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
You see, one session easily lasts a year. While you can be pwnd out of existence in literally a month. So raw hosted a season and got pwnd. He didn't want to wait a year for the game to end, so he hosted a new one. And got pwnd again. And hosted a new one. And got pwnd again.

You got the idea.

You can't be writing that and not think that what he is doing is silly.

I asked JarlFrank to clean the Strategy section. That he interpreted that as merging is beyond my responsipility :smug:

Dayyālu

Arcane
You can't be writing that and not think that what he is doing is silly.

I asked JarlFrank to clean the Strategy section. That he interpreted that as merging is beyond my responsipility :smug:

raw is silly. But we do.... appreciate his silliness sometimes.

On the other hand, you are dumb and I pity you.

Why the heck you took the effort to sabotage the threads for a game you do not even play? Dominions Threads are needed for propaganda, public diplo and extension requests. A thread par game is the bare minimum, if we don't want everything to be unplayable.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
If you think you're in the right. Make a thread in site feedback and ask that a subforum for multiplayer games be created.

Sabotage the threads? Are you all for real you idiots? You are clogging the strategy section with 7 threads about the exact same game.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Ok ok. 7 threads was clogging up the forum a bit, but every Dom4 game does need its own thread. And it's very reasonable to have 7 games going on simultaneously even in a small community like this.
So lets find a solution. Move to a subforum? Doesn't seem complicated.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Sabotage the threads? Are you all for real you idiots? You are clogging the strategy section with 7 threads about the exact same game.

HELP ME FIGHTING AGAINST DOMINION PLAYERS' PRIVILEGE, THOSE SHITLORDS ARE TRIGGERING ME BY OPENING SEVEN THREADS ON MY SAFE STRATEGY SUBFORUM PAGE

I DON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME BUT I FEEL ENTITLED TO MOAN AND CRY BECAUSE I'M A RANDOM RETARD

I REQUIRE MORE ATTENTION, PLEASE REPLY TO ME PLEASE

That said, maybe we can move this on the Playground. But as we have 20 or so happy players here, I think, and only a single random shitposter complaining, my guess is that the old ways were best and everything worked all right.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Hey I wasn't the only one who thought you were going overboard.

But at least I came out and bore the responsibility, you're welcome asshole.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hey I wasn't the only one who thought you were going overboard.

But at least I came out and bore the responsibility, you're welcome asshole.

vhjzdm.png

The last stand of tyrannosaurus rex, Prophet of the Codex, against the unwashed hordes of Dominions games in the 7th years of the Ascension Wars, as Recorded by the Ancient Chronicles of Retardoland

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom