Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Dominions 4 PBEM - Gateway and Archive Thread

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Gotta admit, this battle was kinda funny.

26DRugN.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Are those pretenders? Why are you guys using those shit chassis?

Technically Disciples. Looking at Hinnom's offerings, and the need to have somebody with high S, while preferably being an early expander/SC, what would you do? Serious question.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Technically Disciples. Looking at Hinnom's offerings, and the need to have somebody with high S, while preferably being an early expander/SC, what would you do? Serious question.

Are you aware that Shedu has 8 att? And one attack? It completely relies on trample and as such is worthless on big units.

Sphinx is a classic DS pretender with better stats and DS crosspath. Celestial lion gets more attacks at 15 att. Both also have fear which is great for expanding.

But I wouldnt go for high S Hinnom when you can take the Moloch.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, we already had a Moloch. It's tricky juggling "needs" in a big Disciples game. I'm aware of the low attack, but I've had pretty good success/seen success in a few games, and eventually it's just going to be sitting in a lab/doing battlefield magic. The points are valid though, perhaps there was a better way.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

GIVE ME A GOOD DISCIPLE CHASSIS FOR EA AGARTHA

I DARE YOU

And suggestions on how to kill a high S Shedu with amulet of regen or rainbow scorpion men are also well accepted

Uh wow seriously? Risen oracle? DE (excellent SC paths), fucking IMMORTAL. And excellent stats? (amphibian, cold/poison res, full slots, average attack and decent defense, chill aura, fear).

Dayyālu

Arcane
Stop baiting me with scorpion men then.

Now that we have fully shown that I'm competent in Pretender choices and worthy of your superior potato attention help me killing off

S9E3 Shedu with Amulet of antimagic and ring of regen, casting resist Magic and all the assorted S/E buffs. Fucker got lucky last battle and survived my Olms, and now with MR 27 he's kinda harsh. No, "bait him into a sea of summons" could work, but I'd love alternate approaches

F3A2E5N3 Scorpion Man with Frost Brand and Vine shield. This one is tough, and he has more possible self-buffs than I can wave my Mercury Elementals at

Dayyālu

Arcane
GERMAN EFFICIENCY STRIKES AGAIN

GOTTA GO FAST

EDIT: Seriously, is that the reason you are getting Turks? They show up on time?

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Meanwhile in Lanka:

vhmqgf.jpg

Does anybody know for sure if a Titan can theoretically enter Hall of Fame? He's not a Pretender, just a Prophet. Currently has 40 frags and level 3, but still no cool ability. Makes me wonder if these Pretender-types can enter HoF at all.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Results of the first big battle(Ur/Hinnom didn't count) of Disciple Town USA. Some spells didn't fire, some scripting didn't quite work(by the looks of it), and in the end it was just a clusterfuck of giants and half giants hacking away at each-other with a demon in the middle. The militia were literally fed to the dogs. The Moloch invited everyone to his bonfire. Well, it was entertaining that's for sure!

The Belligerents:
ah0RbJP.jpg

The Clusterfuck:
5RA8nuP.jpg

The Hunt:
VWzfcZJ.jpg

The Bonfire:
nhEEbiL.jpg

The Results:
4txp9yx.jpg

Zibniyat

Arcane
Desperate times require desperate measures... Besides, their purpose was only one - to be obliterated.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Well, the turn was already extended to Saturday (unnecessarily?) :)

Do you need more? Or are you talking about extending the next turn?

Johannes

Arcane
Should've brought in more mages / gems (A Elementals), p. disappointing result for me really. I underestimated the Moloch's effect, tied up a lot of guys, basically split the army in too.

On the plus side the Moloch's diseased now thanks to the D9.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh, the blood mage Moloch got diseased? Horrible, truly horrible. 5 slaves down the drain.

Oh wait hes a demon. So he flat out doesnt care.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
If next turn comes earlier I guess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom