Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 NatGen

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dear KoolNoodles, why you lied to me?

You conquered a Lv2 Throne. And you tried to hide it from me and from all the others.

Luckily I discovered your nefarious plot and stopped your obvious Throne Rush, as you told me that you located the other Lv2 Throne on Province 55. Your own lies and half truths hit you.

And I almost fell for it. Almost.

To all men and lizards of goodwill: let be known that I have not tried to take Thrones not mine , as Litium can attest - I left to him the Throne of Beasts, as I said-. It is time for us to purge the accursed Magma men from this land. Ignore their words, as they have proven untrustworthy: join me in a war of liberation!

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Unhhhhh.....

I guess it's time to start to run? You can't imagine the amount of luck I had!

Sorry to everyone else, it was simply too much of a good chance to miss. Let's see if you can stop me.

EDIT: This was a nice post for number 700.

Betrayal and Grief

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well good job everyone, Dayyālu wins.

Well played turn of events there. :salute:

Ahaha. If only.

Well, you can't stop me as my prophet will reach the Throne the next turn and then needs another one to claim it. Vath, despite me starting warfare during Heat season to stop most of his army to cross the river, has still amphibious sacreds and sailing commanders and some crossbowmen in range, and well, I still have only Palisades as fortresses. Plus, the Prophet is still a living unit and a lucky crossbow shot can kill it.

I reckon that the only one that can stop me now is Dreaad , but he should anticipate my moves and beat my armies with utter precision. I have roughly checked the chances, and the thing will get ugly if JohnTheRevelator has sailing commanders. I'm too lazy to check it, honestly :lol:

Pickin' an Imprisoned God made all of this much harder. I'm not used to sacred/N9/ low Throne points games.

The only thing that truly saddens me is that I never saw the Croco cavarly. I'm sorry, thesheeep :(

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Haha, yeah. I made the same mistake as you picking an imprisoned god(I honestly was not thinking about/remembering how low the the throne/score count was!). My god probably won't even break out before the game is over! :lol:

Dayyālu

Arcane
What's happening? Poor old me has to save the world?

Yes. I will explain to you what to do. Follow me carefully.

nzvnazndyw.png

See? I have 3 of the required 5 Throne points. KoolNoodles provided me with the 2 points Thrones I just needed. Time is in short supply, because I can Cloud Trapeze my Prophet (empowering him to A2 was a bitch) directly on the target, and in two turns it's all over. But!

You could conquer Elkland. It's fort-protected, but the army is not huge. Problem is, it's summer, so you can't cross the frozen river. You can cross with your sacreds, and they're W9 beauties. I suggest to focus them on rear attacks, as directly the lizards are dangerous. Then you can hope to get enough mercs&troops to break the fort in a single turn and then storm on the very turn I claim the last Throne. Could work, but it's limited. Litium north has armies too far away to get there and swarm a fortress in two turns.

Or you can risk south. Same problem, rivers and Heat. Yet, your troops on Hessium's cap have a good number of Amphibious/Sailing things, as far as I can see, so you could rush on 29 (Yes, I know that's KN province but it's the faster way), join an army and then try to swarm the 2-points Throne before the two turns pass. Could work, and KoolNoodles could support you with the army from 31. Who knows, maybe a lucky Ritual drops the Prophet and I am fucked.

On the other hand, thesheeep whould help with Blood Rituals and a quick invasion. I don't care much about my northern holdings as if I fail south I'm fucked in any case, but it happens. Litium, despite having a first class Earth Serpent SC, is kinda too far. If he has researched Could Trapeze, maybe he could reach the place in time, but he was last turn killing that Devil so....

All clear? You can do it. I trust you. Or, I don't know, you can keep the NAP up and let me win. Another option, if thou prefer.

Dayyālu

Arcane
cixiaycurn.png

I get that no-one of you is giving up. The Earth Serpent attack was completely unexpected, but I guess going out the path for Frost Brands paid off in the end. Also thank God for summer, rituals still can't froze the rivers. I'll never underestimate Air summons again, the single pitiful attack of the Earth Serpent can't simply break large amounts of mindless chaff. And it's now wounded, not perfectly equipped and with less HP due to dominion.

I feel like the bad guy from some cheap fantasy novel, with the United Armies of the Free Peoples of NationGen rushing to avoid the disaster.

C'mon, it's the end. Let's see if you can break that army (I would have focused on Elkland, truth be told....).

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu didn't win? What is this devilry.

I did not have 70 A gems to empower the Prophet, so I had to lie a bit on the battle plan suggestions to Dreaad. I have to work with terrible MM1 Commanders and Flying Shoes. I AM THRONE RUSHING WITH A MM1 UNIT

I lied badly even, as I admitted that you could stop me by dropping the Prophet with Rituals or with a good expedition, a thing that would have been difficult if I could Ritual him on the target.

But yep, this is the last turn. Prophet in position, army ready etc. etc.

I reckon that, if I give you another turn, you would probably destroy me with that 250+ murderstack of Sacreds.

Dayyālu

Arcane
gonjrzuatt.png

My first victory ever in MP! And I doubt that those nations will ever see the sun again, so we can say that this world will be given for eternity to Roggan, may he wisely lead his villagers to great riches.

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry for those that I betrayed in the end rush. I saw a chance and took it, and was lucky enough. You were all good players in this one.

I'll maybe write a little postmortem later, showing the tons of mistakes I did on builds and chassis choices. But it was a relaxing game, not for tryharding, so I get a free pass, nay?

And :o to JohnTheRevelator 's research, that was something unexpected

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This game is over? Congratulations, Dayyālu!

But if you violated a trade agreement

Let all the world know. The lizards broke a trade agreement and instead of sending me items after 5 or so turns sent me gems back and said the mages were busy.

Treachery, treachery everywhere!
I'm never sending you gems again. :rpgcodex:

That was a disgrace, really. Dom4 pbems have just a few community rules, and binding trades is one of such rules. You can't simply ignore them, no matter how close to victory or defeat you are.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I started forging and sending the items, but I realized that it was do or die all of the sudden. Amazingly enough, I did not predict this.

And having a single W1 caster meant that Dreaad's order could not be done in time, plus all my N2+ Elders where on the battlefied (and I could not forge the +N Mace in time). I sent back the gems with a 25% extra refund, if I'm not mistaken, as penance.

And gems were in very short supply on mah lands, you'll understand when I post the graphs.

Plus, in Desura Games Throne rushes are met rather... bluntly, exchanges be damned.

What would you do when you can't forge a item without shooting yourself in the leg?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Congratulations! You saw an opportunity and went for it, and we were too late. Saddened my blob of sacreds and light crossbows + flaming arrows didn't see any action(all wars seemed to be over by the time they got their slow asses moving).

Though you still would have won, those Eidolons with N9 are great! My bane/shade beast factories were also too late. I also finally got a water ring, and wanted to make a ton of flaming jellyfish..... :(

Another time. Well played all, this was fun and pretty competitive until the last. One more throne point might have been interesting though(however, sometimes a quick end is a good one). :lol:

Another time. Well played all, this was fun and pretty competitive until the last. One more throne point might have been interesting though(however, sometimes a quick end is a good one). :lol:
Throne setup was intentional. Coming out of Decline 2 I thought everyone would appreciate more laid back game which can be quickly ended with rush. Though sure 1 point more might have been better.

Saddened my blob of sacreds and light crossbows + flaming arrows didn't see any action(all wars seemed to be over by the time they got their slow asses moving).
I had flaming arrows setup. Mass production of mage assassins. It would have been pretty fun to invade someone and first thing they see after loading up turn is 2 dozen assassination reports. Man I had fog warriors coming in like 2 turns. I ain't even mad though. Win is a win. All the tools in the world don't matter if you can't apply them where needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom