Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 NatGen

Just gauging interest. Would people be interested in lol random game using nation generator? No serious business. Pretty long turn times. We could generate like 3x more nations than players so people don't end up with some completely unplayable shit. Then roll for nation picking initiative and just go with it. If we end up with mix of new players and vets we can have vets pick after noobs are done. I would prefer smaller sub 10 players game.

Players and their picks:
  1. thesheeep - Csi'sis, Vampiric Time
  2. Dayyalu - Assviikos, Volcano of Thunder
  3. KoolNoodles - Akviia, Hollows of Lava
  4. Muty - Midase, Time of the Sinuous Mages
  5. JohnTheRevelator - Litium, Triumph of the Mages of the Battle
  6. raw - Hessium, Gate of Molten Metals
  7. hoverdog - Vathgylphale, Circle of the Druids of Bloodstone

Game page: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CodexNatGen

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's completely stupid, unbalanced and it kills off the beautiful lore of Dominions.

So yeah, I'm almost in. Let's see if people are interested, as it would be a rather lolrandom game.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Any more takers? We could even just do a small game with 5-6 peeps to try it out.

We got 5 so far. 1 person more and I'll generate mod with 18 nations and upload it somewhere so everyone can take good look at available choices. We should start the game somewhere this week I think.

http://www.filedropper.com/codex

There we go. Surprisingly tame result. My favourite lol wut unit is Midase Star Marksman, sacred archer armed with broadsword and decent armor ... that when wounded changes shape into giant toad. Sadly no mages shapeshifting into devils.

Dayyālu

Arcane
This will be kind of a "just for fun" game, right? I can't afford to make a serious attempt. I'll play, but do not expect too much focus on this.

There is something hilarious in Hoburg Power Armour, though. We will go on random choice or for a selection? I would prefer random, despite the fact that some stuff is broken. I can't test and check every one...

As I stated in op this isn't serious business.

I'd rather not have random assignment. If majority wants it then of course we can do it but the point was to have more nations than we need so we can pick out the more interesting stuff generator threw up so no one is stuck playing some complete crap.

Dayyālu

Arcane
After a quick check, most of 'em are a mess, but my eye was drawn towards Assviikos. Those mages are nice (they lack stock chaff mages though), and I always wanted to try some lizards that were not C'tissians. Atlantean nations are all shit, sadly.

Also I've found Raqote, Midase and Elmailostri interesting. But there is a lot around, too much Blood and Air surely :lol:

As far as Sacreds goes, I've wasted a 'lil of time checking them (not worthy doing that to all troops). The most notables are:

- The aforementioned Star Marksmen of Midase, with broad swords and second shape in a Giant Toad. Good for human troops.
- The Fire Paladins of Raqote are chaff killers, with Fire Shield and Size3. Tragically they are Cap-only.
- Flower Eidolons of Assviikos are very nice. If they had a Magic Weapon they would be some kind of ultimate sacred or something. A pity they're cap-only.
- Cathope has those glamoured human stealth troops, I can imagine several uses for 'em.
- HOBURG MAGICAL POWER ARMOUR with Haburg's Divine Wardens, at the cheap price of 50 Gold and 50 resources you get something that can barely fight a Spearman. What the heck.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm fine with those.
Without having looked at 'em, but hey that's why we are doing this, right? :D

"Tower Of Passion" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lizards riding on crocodiles, Atlanteans throwing rotten fish. I love this already :D
So, when do we start?

Last edited:
Oh I guess we have 6 people.

https://www.random.org/ said:
There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. thesheeep
  2. Dayyalu
  3. KoolNoodles
  4. Muty
  5. JohnTheRevelator
  6. raw

If someone on the list doesn't actually want to play feel free to hand over your spot to hoverdog.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Well, I think that was a misunderstanding.
You determined the order randomly (what you meant), but the order itself is not random (what raw figured).

Gimme an hour or two to decide. Did not look at all races so far.

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Alright, I pick Csi'sis!
May the glorious crocodile riding commence!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom