Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
wyorwc.jpg

:negative:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Going to postpone a little for the American holiday of giving thanks to things like food, life, rampant consumerism, and hating half your family.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Nice little fight there Hinnom, slowly but surely.

Therodos, the candles grow dim, what is the problem?

CandleSmoldering_000.jpg

Oh, and the Gorgon is fine. :smug:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I really wanna play Therodos in a normal game sometime. :lol:

Game was decided long ago. As I doubt that i can test it, that monster truck of Melia thugs can be stopped by a line of 20 Mystics

- Power of the Northern Star on S3 Mystic
- Everyone else on Stellar Cascades

Or the 30 armour and the 4 regen would avoid the obvious fate? I have to kill off Ct'is before, and I doubt that my Mystic ball could reach your troops in time. This game is nowadays good mostly for testing.

EDIT: The line of troops was obvious, of course. Nothing like cheap bodies, or high HP summons.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Stellar Cascades

Nah, that's a poor bet, unless you cover those Mystics behind a line of troops. Then again, I could bring my own troops and here we go again. Soul Slay or Paralyze would work better, though. But all those are inferior to simple Mind Hunts in MR penetration set - Therodos has nothing against it. Can't even hide the thugs behind glam, like elf nations do.

Still, totally gonna go for this nation next time I sign for EA.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
My bad guyssss. Weekend was a busy mess for me and I had laptop/steam issues. I did get Decline10 in time though, thanks for that extension Grimwulf.

As for domkill, I'm not the best, but the idea did occur to me halfway through(would be easier to build temples with my money than fight Therodos to the death).

Unfortunately blood sacrifice has been mostly off the table due to not getting blood slaves(even with rods and 10 hunters, some turns I might only get 10 slaves).

I already had 7 Dom to start, so it was fairly early I had Dom10, started spamming temples(49 now) away from the coasts, and then finally the coasts. With an occasional N1B1 Warrior Sorceress doing a sacrifice.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The horde grows ever stronger. More men from across the globe clamor to join the ranks of the Scythians before it is too late.

D3k0BDU.jpg

sterlingkhazars1_thumb.gif

The giants' last bastions are broken or under siege. Therodos' last light flickers on a lonely island in the sea breeze, under siege.

mspJMsK.jpg

v4cBLto.jpg

r0RZSar.jpg

And yet, the gods ask for a death match? Should this be decided like in the age of Decline1? We have a champion who is willing.

NDRtanw.jpg

We will only send a true Scythian however, and though the men of the steppes are strong and cunning, they may not individually be a match for the mystical beasts that roam this cursed land....

6dec16b26983f08d5aae619fc45500b5.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
At least, the last Arena match gave us the reply to the age-old question: who's hotter, a Melia or an Oreiad?

xgspxl.jpg

Annd the result is....

navstb.jpg

Sure, the Melia was dressed far, far better and with a bit of preparation could have been truly breathtaking, but sometimes it's the first impression that counts!

AND FUCK YES THIS IS ALMOST OVER

THE PAIN IS ALMOST OVER

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A victory well deserved, KoolNoodles. :salute: Nobody could match you, not even close. Although you took your sweet time with domkilling Therodos. I had dominion three. Edit: four. But still.

:rpgcodex:

The last followers of Megalesius fell during an epic battle.

qsqnxr.jpg

It could have been less painful for you, if you scripted Frightens instead of skellyspam.

Good game.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, coulda been. I hotkeyed my skellispam script and just slapped that on every Enarie until the end of the game. I knew even if I lost hundreds of dudes they would still win. See: Hinnom

Edit: I didn't start the domkill until way too late, yeah. I didn't figure you had dominion so low, until I actually looked around. Also putting up temples is a bit more risky when provinces can't defend themselves. Wanted to be absolutely sure before wasting gold.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The Kingdom of Giants has fallen. They fought bravely until the end, but now nothing will remain but old bones and armaments scattered along the coastline, and tall tales to frighten Scythian children with.

QzCjlN1.jpg

dead_giant_king_in_border_by_godbo6-d6nruoe.jpg

Come, Grecian ally, let us end this in the next couple of months and finally bring peace to a troubled world.

Edit: Dayyālu as soon as you submit your turn I'll force-host it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom