Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 - Grim Antiquity

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
ujrhjwttkz.jpg

You need more men to fite the ghost lord, Greeks.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'll keep throwin' people till I drop dead, I promised

Worst case ever, you win the war by ruining your economy and giving all the other players a better chance to kill you off later

Gotta think in the long run, dude

Ya can beg for peace, of course, I am open to negotiations for your surrender

Dayyālu

Arcane
:lol: Don't you think that bragging looks pathetic after you lost three battles in a row, and still have to win at least a single one?

I guess

Try marching on my cap, I dare you. Maybe I'll change opinion after I see more than 20 ghosts and sacreds around

I wholeheartedly hope that Mraston is doing better than I am in that department

Dayyālu

Arcane
You guys:

Neeeever

Just as we are speaking, several divisions of elite Cardaces are converging to cleanse the coasts of the Therodian scum, their arrogant, preposterous and pretentious ways are in dire need to be purged

Complete and total victory is only a question of time, do not even bother to read the drunken blabberings of the ghost masters

07-minister.jpg

Everything is going as predicted

(Tbh, I'm pretty much fucked. After the death of the second expansion team I hoped that Grimwulf would avoid conflict, and with the death of my God and the Giants in the backyard it's pretty much game over. I'm not raw though, I'll try to be annoying as long as I can)

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Trumpets sound in every great hall in the land. An emissary of royal blood from Scythia(there are many) rides up with a message to deliver to your ruler.

scythian-heavy-cavalryman.jpg

He is outfitted in the standard attire of a Scythian warrior: Scale mail, Spear, bow, astride a great steed(though probably most had ponies, he can afford/find something better). A fearsome spectacle in this grim land. He hands you a tattered scroll:

scrolls.jpg

Let it be known to all the peoples of this world, that those who interfere with Scythia as she rightly defends against the aggressive expansion of her neighbors, will be met with swift justice. And do not doubt that swiftness. We have the fastest recruitment, the quickest horses, the mightiest warriors. The lizard men, twisted and tortured by barbaric magic, have already learned their lesson. Once mighty Gaul will soon learn another!

-signed,
The King (a rough sketch follows, and the rider heads off)

fb032b2efd5c26b4caaac41256644dac.jpg

As you glance to the horizon, at the disappearing emissary, a great host appears as if in warning......and then just as suddenly is gone.

ScythianCavalry.jpg

Knowing your people's limitations in these dark times(and cursing the lack of able-bodied men willing to fight or even defend their lands), you can't help but feel that confronting these "horse lords" would be a grave mistake.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Gotta say this game has been very interesting so far strategically and has made me want other types of Dominions games to be played other than the "usual". Thank you Mraston for the idea and getting this going. I keep coming back to this game expecting certain research goals to be within my grasp(they aren't), and fumbling around for an alternative. And who knew the sole purpose of building a fort would be to finally get some extra scouts? And how black servants actually look kind of desirable....except there aren't any gems to be had! It has also made me scrutinize those little used Lvl0-Lvl2 Construction items as if they were second only to the Holy Grail in importance(because I'll never get to Const4).

Good stuff. :salute:

Mraston

Learned
Gotta say this game has been very interesting so far strategically and has made me want other types of Dominions games to be played other than the "usual". Thank you Mraston for the idea and getting this going. I keep coming back to this game expecting certain research goals to be within my grasp(they aren't), and fumbling around for an alternative. And who knew the sole purpose of building a fort would be to finally get some extra scouts? And how black servants actually look kind of desirable....except there aren't any gems to be had! It has also made me scrutinize those little used Lvl0-Lvl2 Construction items as if they were second only to the Holy Grail in importance(because I'll never get to Const4).

Good stuff. :salute:

I'm enjoying it too. Also, I'm glad it worked out how I envisioned it, thanks again to head dominions engineer Grimwulf for setting it all up.

86b92084624092815d27d7550ef10e81.jpg

Scans horizon, notices horde of barbarous horse men...

Leave us to our prayers and indolence foul horsemen, there is nothing appropriate for your consumption here.

jji8c.png

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The spectral army accepted their Fate. They will stay underwater, expanding their borders in this domain. One day, the ghosts of Therodos will have their revenge on C'tis.

wtlsux.jpg

However, the coast will be haunted til the end of times. No amount of mortals will stop the justice of Therodos.

phqllz.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
However, the coast will be haunted til the end of times. No amount of mortals will stop the justice of Therodos.

phqllz.jpg

Only one hundred dead AND most of the leadership survived?

You are slacking off. There are thousands more from where they come from! I'll choke the seas with the bodies of my fallen!

As I don't have any other thing to do right now

:negative:

Mraston

Learned
Sorry, I changed it as soon as I got the message, would have missed the cut off any ways.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The Horse Lords grow restless. A docile King is a weak King. It may soon be the season for raiding.

Scythian.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
0 for Greeks
5 (or 6? lost count) for drownies

6 to 1. You forget our greeeeet Victroy against a single Melia you sent for unknown reasons alone.

Yet, it's improving. Those losses on your Kouretes are nice (21 prot after blessing in EA, for Chrissakes) and the random casting of the priestesses gave me some ideas on how to stop them ded. I mean, who could have guessed that Vine Arrow would work so well?

If only you were the main strategical problem here... you and I are already dead. And to deal with the real problem here

vasnetsov_fight_of_scythians_and_slavs_sketch_1879.jpg

would require far too much *EFFORT* on mah side.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Therodos will be alive and thriving long after Arcoscephale is dead. The ghosts leave you to the mercy of Scythians, but should they fail for some unknown reason - we will be back to finish the job.

RIP, Greeks.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Therodos will be alive and thriving long after Arcoscephale is dead. The ghosts leave you to the mercy of Scythians, but should they fail for some unknown reason - we will be back to finish the job.

:lol:

Positive as usual! Doubt there will be anything left if the Horse Lords come here. And doubt you could make any worthwile gain inland too, truth be told.

Nahh, I'm not at war with the Skythians (well, not until they decide to pay me a visit, and that would end badly for me) but there is no doubt that the recon I have show a situation were KN has huge - and I mean, huge - land holdings and troops compared to pretty much everyone else. I guess some diplo efforts could have been organized, but as I said... *effort* and this game is evolving in the most excruciatingly boring way it can for me, and it's only sense of duty that keeps me going AI (and kept me from going AI before).

No chance to get adequate magical support or to plan further, against a nation with recruit anywhere stuff and endless resources, Giants or a player I like (Lizards). About Therodos, we can keep (and will keep) gouging and each other till the end of times, but yet, Domkill nation with Very Slow Research does not make for a very strong contender for anything.

*shrug*

This game was a wasted chance on my part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom