Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dominions 4 Codex Noober PBEM

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Hey asshole get that flying shit bird of my land.

That's a bootyful siren, have some respect! Maybe one of your battle-weary commanders wish to spend some quality time with her. You know, like underwater?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
All ocean is Ulm land. All land is ulm land even if fucking ware wolfs keep fucking with me.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
All ocean is Ulm land. All land is ulm land even if fucking ware wolfs keep fucking with me.

I would bet my money on Agartha, though. But if Ulm wants to have a chance too, just a friendly advice:

1. Start hiring PD. At least PD 1. Yes, even in far away provinces. My siren will keep conquering your provinces until you do that.
2. Black Templars are cool and stuff, I get that. But you should really, REALLY focus on hiring Guardians. Your goal should be hiring as many Guardians as you possibly can every turn. I was scouting around your turf for some time, and haven't seen any of them. But if you want to pwn Agartha easy-peasy, hire the damn black halberds.

Don't worry about me. I'll be long dead by the time you reach my borders.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Hey asshole get that flying shit bird of my land.

That's a bootyful siren, have some respect! Maybe one of your battle-weary commanders wish to spend some quality time with her. You know, like underwater?

Fine i will invade the ocean. I got a plan.

6a00d83456056069e2012877b3e013970c-pi

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
for all those watching the game, with turn 20 behind our backs I suppose I can post some stats.

Provinces:
rudHymS.jpg

Agartha's been leading almost from the start :smug: but right now Vanheim is expanding at a lightning pace. Pythium, Ulm and Abysia are slower and more or less equal, while Oceania took a nosedive after Agartha had had enough of tranny fish prancing around :smug:

Forts:
CD2vID8.jpg

Oceania had a headstart, though two of her four forts are now under siege :smug: Agartha has three, Vanheim just built their second, while the rest are still left with the starting ones.

Income:
hTSVYrY.jpg

Very similar to provinces graph, except for the Vanheim crash during the short siege of their capital, and the fact that they're currently the jewmasters.

Gems:
NudSPKj.jpg

This one's the weirdest, with Ulm having a big boost but losing it quick, meanwhile Abysia currently has the lead. Oceania haven't had any luck with gem sites, apparently.

Research:
iPjbgyJ.jpg

Pythium started off hot but cooled down quickly. Agartha's leading by a wide margin, Abysia and Oceania trailing, while Ulm and Vanheim are picking up the scrap.

Dominion:
CgVXa4K.jpg

Pythium has lead for the whole time, with Agartha and Abysia close behind. Ulm lost some recently, Vanheim is also struggling, while Oceania improving slowly but surely.

Army size:
dkFY9gZ.jpg

Army size enjoys the most jerky graph, with huge ups and downs (especially Oceania, ho ho ho). Ulm leads currently, but also employs the only two merc bands. Oceania and Pythium are last.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
What can I say? Surely lost my surface turf, maybe shouldn't have rushed my expansion up there. Surface is boring.

Agartha went underwater and, funny enough, they still didn't escape screaming like madmen. Oh, well. Free fun for me.

Sirens simply don't work. Not just Vanheim, but Agartha and even Ulm - they were all IMMUNE (not just unlucky DRN checks like "seducing" action, but actual fucking IMMUNITY) to siren lure song. Probably not a bug, but sure as hell need a lot of testing. Didn't figure out how it works.

Guess I'll just stick to my underwater part. Pwning neutral armies and waiting for brave crazy dawgs to besiege my castles.
:australia:

I'm spying afer all of you fuckers

Edit: At least I dealt with both kraken kings. Misfortune scale can be a real bitch.

Last edited:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
for all those watching the game, with turn 20 behind our backs I suppose I can post some stats.

Provinces:
rudHymS.jpg

Agartha's been leading almost from the start :smug: but right now Vanheim is expanding at a lightning pace. Pythium, Ulm and Abysia are slower and more or less equal, while Oceania took a nosedive after Agartha had had enough of tranny fish prancing around :smug:

Forts:
CD2vID8.jpg

Oceania had a headstart, though two of her four forts are now under siege :smug: Agartha has three, Vanheim just built their second, while the rest are still left with the starting ones.

Income:
hTSVYrY.jpg

Very similar to provinces graph, except for the Vanheim crash during the short siege of their capital, and the fact that they're currently the jewmasters.

Gems:
NudSPKj.jpg

This one's the weirdest, with Ulm having a big boost but losing it quick, meanwhile Abysia currently has the lead. Oceania haven't had any luck with gem sites, apparently.

Research:
iPjbgyJ.jpg

Pythium started off hot but cooled down quickly. Agartha's leading by a wide margin, Abysia and Oceania trailing, while Ulm and Vanheim are picking up the scrap.

Dominion:
CgVXa4K.jpg

Pythium has lead for the whole time, with Agartha and Abysia close behind. Ulm lost some recently, Vanheim is also struggling, while Oceania improving slowly but surely.

Army size:
dkFY9gZ.jpg

Army size enjoys the most jerky graph, with huge ups and downs (especially Oceania, ho ho ho). Ulm leads currently, but also employs the only two merc bands. Oceania and Pythium are last.

Well my second fort was almost done until FUCKING WAREWOLVES SPAWNED ON MY ASS!!! I had moved my small little safety army out to take a small close y province and bomb dead. It set me back a TON!.

Oh and for Gems ignore that. It is unimportant and i am not doing stuff with them at all.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You guys need to gang Agartha ASAP or he will run away with the game. With graphs on its easy to spot dangerous players and gang on them.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You guys need to gang Agartha ASAP or he will run away with the game. With graphs on its easy to spot dangerous players and gang on them.
This is nice advice, but you know noob players. Agatha can deal with all of them simultaneously.

Too bad I don't pay for games. (I can play gifted games, but nobody is that crazy to give me licence for a badly programmed game, that's designed as if it was freeware, and for some reason costs 35 $, to play it for free.)

Then again I'd learn it in few sessions and the it would become boring as chess/go/dragon age.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Too bad I don't pay for games. (I can play gifted games, but nobody is that crazy to give me licence for a badly programmed game, that's designed as if it was freeware, and for some reason costs 35 $, to play it for free.)

Then again I'd learn it in few sessions and the it would become boring as chess/go/dragon age.

Nice trollin' brah

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's true. I get bored with majority of games in one day. It's all about learning, when I learn all, or it will stop being interesting, I'd look at another game.

Norfleet

Raghar: Yeah, I get where you're coming from. If it's anything like the previous Dominions games, though, it won't be something you'll learn "all" that quickly. There are the...emergent features...you want to find, too.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It's true. I get bored with majority of games in one day. It's all about learning, when I learn all, or it will stop being interesting, I'd look at another game.

I guess I'm too stupid to hang around with guys like you. Coz you know, I've been playing this one for 6 years, and still learning.

Hell, you even find chess easy and boring! You should be makin' big money on world championships, why r u here, in our noob thread?

Edit: Btw, i would recommend against taking agressive actions vs Agartha during next few turns. Save your strength guys. During worldwide darkness you won't have a chance, I shit you not.

But you can make some active plotting outside this thread, in PM or something. Agartha is currently busy with me, so you should be fine.

Then you either attack it as a cohesive unit, or die miserably. N4E9 is good enough even on Shard Guards, but just you wait til Dawg starts summoning national uniques. You'll bite the dust before midgame.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Its impossible to learn the game because it is played against other people learning the game. Usually 7 to 11 other people. You can learn the rules at best, same as in diplomacy only harder rules and more to learn.

Dayyālu

Arcane

:lol: Stick around. You are funny.

I suggest that Norfleet and Raghar both get a pirated copy and duke it out against one another.

So we have a self-proclaimend genius (Raghar, I expect your LP of War in the West with Germany won in a day on maximum difficulty for tomorrow. I have no news if there is a crack about it, but I bet you can crack it in half an hour by yourself considering your superior skills) against the self-proclaimed guy who broke Dominions and made the developers flee in terror thanks to his masterful exploits (NOT CHEATING!).

It's almost funny to see two guys who are unwilling to play ('cause paying for a game, even a good one like Dominions, is hard) pontificating. Play a game, crush us noobs, and then blabber as much as you wish. But I doubt that will happen, it would require... i don't know.... effort?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I suggest that Norfleet and Raghar both get a pirated copy and duke it out against one another.

That would be impossible, I (and probably even norfleet) know the only way how to win this game is not to play.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Okay operation "FUCK YOU OCEAN" is back underway.

Yey. Show that Agartha some clockwork soldiers, or whatever you wasted your gems on. Hurry tho, now is the perfect time! Worldwide darkness will make your troops hilariously pathetic!

Are you even reading messages/using scouts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom