Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dominions 4 Codex Noober PBEM

Norfleet

I suggest that Norfleet and Raghar both get a pirated copy and duke it out against one another.
I actually looked for one. Apparently this latest edition to the series was somehow unpopular, given that after all this time, it still has not been pirated, despite all the PREVIOUS editions of the game being pirated. Frankly, this concerns me, since I wonder what horrible DRM was installed to somehow prevent that.

It's almost funny to see two guys who are unwilling to play ('cause paying for a game, even a good one like Dominions, is hard) pontificating. Play a game, crush us noobs, and then blabber as much as you wish. But I doubt that will happen, it would require... i don't know.... effort?
I'm not unwilling to play. Just unwilling to PAY. The removal of that L makes all the difference. Once MONEY enters the picture, I have to now justify this expense in terms of a return. Since I'm not seeing any possibility of a return on investment, this plan so far sounds like a pure loss. As for whether or not it is a GOOD game, I don't believe that claim at all: "OMNIA MERDAE SUNT". How much are you being paid to shill that line? Or are you just being poetically generous here? Good doesn't exist. "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.".

Yey. Show that Agartha some clockwork soldiers, or whatever you wasted your gems on. Hurry tho, now is the perfect time! Worldwide darkness will make your troops hilariously pathetic!
What, Utterdark already? What turn is this?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Can we please keep this thread game-related? It's much more pleasant when there isn't a bunch of self-appointed masters of strategy acting all edgy and shit

Norfleet

I'm not a self-appointed master of strategy, I'm actually asking questions about how the game works.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm basically dead already. It's just Dawg fighting in slow-ass fashion. Two more turns, and his fucking doomstacks will go for ya. Hope you took that sweet time to prepare uranus. I would go AI by that point, but MAH FINAL ACT OF REDEMTION is yet to be done.

ursula_of_the_little_mermaid_by_ryan_stegman_by_ashcanallstars-d5nrhqt.jpg

Norfleet

Doomstacks? What turn number is this? This game moving particularly quickly or something?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Doomstacks? What turn number is this? This game moving particularly quickly or something?

It's MA Agartha, what did you expect?

web.jpg

That's just one group of shard guards, finishing off what's left of me. And SOMEWHERE out there are stacks of national summons. But meh. If Ulm didn't hire like a 100+ black halberds by now, Agartha can just faceroll over all Thrones and finish the game in like 12-14 turns.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Bro, sea serpents + sleep clouds is a recipe for victories uw. Use mages.

All sea serpents are dead, bro (this was the last one). Survived mages are holding anal defence in capital with remaining army. And those shard guards have high MR, they don't really care about my sleep cloud. Besides, the best of Agartha's units (it's summons) are mindless. Nothing I can counter as Oceania.

The most stupid thing of me was rushing land expansion. I should have done my homework, but I didn't know how magnificent are Oceania's surface fortifications. The idea was:
1. Pop out of water during first turns (done)
2. Build fort+lab+temple on surface before year 2 starts (done)
3. Start spammin' summoning mages and centaur cataphracts. Order them mages summon decent surface stuff for further expansion (NOT DONE).

I was naturally surprised when I realized that Oceania can't hire SHIT on surface. Either standard neutral commanders, or absolutely useless turtle warriors/turtle commanders - take your pick.

Sirens are useless too. I didn't lure anything underwater during this session. I've sent them to Vanheim, Ulm and Agartha - total immunity, everyone.

So, to stay underwater and be able to do at least something, I really needed Conj5 and Voice of Tiamat, for all my gem income needs. But by the time I finished researching this, Agartha went berserk on me. Why search provinces if they are to be conqured by enemy? No point in that.

Conclusion: don't play MA Oceania, or at least prepare some strategy in sp.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That sucks man. You should give all recon info to remaining surviving players to be able to deal with Agartha more easily.

Now who would post gay images in this thread?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
One doubt I've always had, does eye of the void counter glamour and can it be used for exploring?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
One doubt I've always had, does eye of the void counter glamour and can it be used for exploring?
1. It counters glamour (gives you disbelieve 25).
web.jpg
2. Can't see how it's related to exploring.
3. It's an incredibly useful item by itself, especially for mages who cast massive de-buffs and such. Like Curse of Stones.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
2. Can't see how it's related to exploring.

What I meant is if I give it to one of my scouts will he be able to tell the exact numbers of Vanir on a province or if it's only useful in combat situations.

Oh, I see. No, I'm pretty sure it's combat-only.

IIRC, Astral Window and other methods of scrying give all the possible intel, including glamorous units.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It's MA Agartha, what did you expect?

web.jpg

That's just one group of shard guards, finishing off what's left of me. And SOMEWHERE out there are stacks of national summons. But meh. If Ulm didn't hire like a 100+ black halberds by now, Agartha can just faceroll over all Thrones and finish the game in like 12-14 turns.

Nah nothing, but Dog's for me. All i recruit are dogs. They are cheap.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Since everybody's dead and capital lost, switching to AI. Well done, Dawg. Although, you should have gone for Enchantment instead of Conjuration, coz Sentinels and Living Mercury are fucking best, while Penumbrals are just meh-tier. Shard Guards are suitable for pwning Oceania (actually, anything is suitable for that), but they won't be so effective against Vanheim.

You didn't wipe me out comletely though. My treasury is EMPTY, mwahaha. One day it will bite you in the arse, I hope.

'k, the only bootyful goddess of this session is dead. Bye!

36d3604364fff268f13f0d39ac88d826e343a6c2_r.gif

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Since everybody's dead and capital lost, switching to AI. Well done, Dawg. Although, you should have gone for Enchantment instead of Conjuration, coz Sentinels and Living Mercury are fucking best, while Penumbrals are just meh-tier. Shard Guards are suitable for pwning Oceania (actually, anything is suitable for that), but they won't be so effective against Vanheim.
I was beelining for Olm Conclave (a nice mage + several useful shooters in a package), only to notice, upon reaching Con4, that this spell needs to be cast in a fucking cave :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom