Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Dominions 4 Codex Noober PBEM

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Grimwulf seemed reluctant to start a full-blown thread, so I'll do it in his stead.

I-Have-No-Idea-What-I-am-Doing-17.jpg

A Dom4 PBEM for those... less experienced.
Current players:
- Hoverdog (Agartha)
- Grimwulf (Oceania)
- Berekan (Abysia)
- Panzertoter (Pythium)
- CrimsonAngel (Ulm)
- Muty (Vanheim)

Shameless copypasta:
How to play pbem, a mini-guide:

The game page is here: http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=IHNIWID
MA Aran, all settings are llama defaults, except for research (standard) and Worthy Heroes 1.21 mod.

I've set 6 players max. 5 players should be enough to start, though.
Now yer actions are:
1. Create a Pretender God in Game Tools. Don't forget we play MA.
2. Go to Game Tools - User Data Directory. In opened window choose Savedgames - Newlords. There you will find Pretender file. If you've got a shitton of Pretenders already, be sure to find the right one (check the manual on how to do that, or just delete Pretenders you won't use).
3. Once you find the file, send it to
pretenders@llamaserver.net
Type in the topic:
IHNIWID
4. Create a new folder in savedgames. Name it "IHNIWID".
5. Once all players gather, and the game starts, llamaserver will send you turn file. Download it to "IHNIWID" folder.
6. Start the game, choose "Play Existing Game", there "IHNIWID". Make yer turn, bash dat "E" button (end turn), and quit the game.
7. In yer "IHNIWID" folder you'll find a .2h file (list of given orders). Send it to
turns@llamaserver.net
8. Once all player send their turns, the server will host dat shit. Then you'll receive new turn file. Return to 6 and repeat until you win

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm jes going to cosplay AI and provide some challenge for the guys, not aiming for the victory (I'm fucking Oceania, after all). This, and helping out with llama hosting.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh thats pretty green indeed. I wont be joining then.

Id suggest using some mods tho. UW expanded for one so that UW nations are not TOTALLY useless.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
You know, if you wanted more players, you could do a Disciples game and just have teams with a mix of old/new. It's also a great way to learn the game. Just a thought, though maybe for a future game.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Disciple sessions are just different. I wouldn't say it's the greatest way to learn the game.

In my experience, all Disciple games are more or less the same: less skilled players take nations-donors, and provide vet players with gems and sometimes gold. Leading player defines the global strategy and gives orders, while other players just follow, without giving much thought to it.

Not what a new player needs imo.

Dayyālu

Arcane
You know, if you wanted more players, you could do a Disciples game and just have teams with a mix of old/new. It's also a great way to learn the game. Just a thought, though maybe for a future game.

That would be a nice idea indeed, after our gruelling fantasy WW1 equivalent ends with your victory.

I'd love to join as MA Atlantis, but if I take another game I fear I will explode in a shower of "GODDAMIT I HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE DOMINIONS" (that's not even true, I have no life)

Good luck to everyone :salute:, and don't forget to post updates. And remember, being green does not mean being doomed to failure. I even reached late game on my first attempt!

Hoverdog, don't dare losing. Agartha is the other of my waifu nations, after Atlantis!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Disciple sessions are just different. I wouldn't say it's the greatest way to learn the game.

In my experience, all Disciple games are more or less the same: less skilled players take nations-donors, and provide vet players with gems and sometimes gold. Leading player defines the global strategy and gives orders, while other players just follow, without giving much thought to it.

Not what a new player needs imo.

That is not my experience at all and I've been on several teams with a mix of veterans and new players. Maybe you just had asshole "leaders" on your teams? :cool: Your experience sounds pretty lame, I will concede.

Or maybe I've been lucky, who knows. Disciple games have been fun for me, I like the team play aspect, designing Discples/combos, trading resources, etc. As long as start position is not too imbalanced and one team doesn't get wiped out super early(which can happen, though perhaps that's just the randomness to expect).

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I guess i could play. I have enough understanding to click buttons and be very confused about what is the best idea.

I will be Ulm the masters of METAL!!!!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom