Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does PoE's Thaos remind anyone of current politics?

Do you think certain important information is best kept hidden?

• Total voters

Iznaliu

Arbiter
With all of the debates over the NSA and whether the massive amount of "monitoring" it performs is justified. which continue be relevant long after its revelation, I was reminded of Snowden's decision to leak it in the first place. At the time, some were saying it was the wrong thing to do since some information is best kept secret. This is, interestingly enough, the same argument made by Thaos when he justified the Leaden Key hiding the fact that the gods were created, creating an interesting parallel between PoE and the current political climate.

What do people think?

Sentinel

Arcane
Thaos had a perfectly valid point, nihilism corrupts and destroys society. He did nothing wrong, aside from serving a nigger cunt God.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
It's not really recent politics. It was especially a hot topic in interwar era and cold war. Nothing new either, there is questioning about whether it's better that the knowledge should be controlled is old, discussed even by likes of Plato. PoE derives a lot of its general ideas from the basics of Greek philosophy, as well as its Gods. Even priests are more alike to oracles of Greece than the clergy of Abrahamic religions.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I was about to say no, but then I remembered that there's such a thing as ongoing combat intelligence. Thaos was full of shit, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom