Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuckers never added linux version :(

while partly their fault, they were also delayed by Linux. There was a certain number of patches (notice the plural) that Linux had to release for its platform before D:OS porting could move on. Months were wasted waiting on them.
What the fuck are you talking about? What magical Linux entity had to patch what exactly?

Aenra

Why @t ? Only one fuck? Why just one?

Niektory i know, lol, i actually tried to find you a link, but couldn't. Some mod or support member had mentioned it passingly in a reply. Could not locate it however. Should have given a more proper response, but i was off from work; tube first, forums second. My apologies anyway :)

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not sure, your post warranted at least a couple.

Aenra

Crooked Bee
Thanks for asking! Missed your post somehow, much obliged! :D

could anyone more into terminology than me explain what 'review' stands for? As in, pre-QA?..

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Crooked Bee
Thanks for asking! Missed your post somehow, much obliged! :D

could anyone more into terminology than me explain what 'review' stands for? As in, pre-QA?..
There's no stage called "review" in any software development methodology I'm aware of, so review in this case probably means whatever Swen wants it to mean. So to us it means nothing unless he clarifies.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To me "I just did a review" sounds like he took a look at the work in progress on the patch and gave his feedback. Followed by "patience will turn out to be a great virtue," that means he wasn't fully satisfied with the state it's in.

hiver

It means that he played a build of it and then came up with new lists of things to improve and fix for the team.
It means, Svens review :). Literally.

himmy

Arcane
Now that they can afford not to do compromises and premature releases they will turn into psycho-perfectionists and not release anything else, ever, for fear of not being perfect.

:troll:

Stabbey

Learned
To me "I just did a review" sounds like he took a look at the work in progress on the patch and gave his feedback. Followed by "patience will turn out to be a great virtue," that means he wasn't fully satisfied with the state it's in.

A couple weeks ago he tweeted that it'll still be a couple months. He's never said "soon". So that does not necessarily mean he was unsatisfied with the progress.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuckers never added linux version :(

while partly their fault, they were also delayed by Linux. There was a certain number of patches (notice the plural) that Linux had to release for its platform before D:OS porting could move on. Months were wasted waiting on them.
What the fuck are you talking about? What magical Linux entity had to patch what exactly?

He speaks very confidently on things he has no understanding of. This is what's going on: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=564100#Post564100

Aenra

....maybe if we ask him a third time....

/junkie

i loved that book. I wonder why.

OldSkoolKamikaze need i really point out this was not the post i was refering to? I can into reading :)

Perkel

Arcane
So around E3 new RPG announcment ?
Fuck yes. Though i think it will be released mid or late 2016

Aenra

sometimes i forget there are happier people than me.. look at what HIS problem is.. quoting from the larian forums:

"I'm running into one pretty considerable annoyance: When I zoom all the way in, I get a wonderful look at my character's cleavage - but in terms of game play it's pretty much useless"

when told of all the options at his disposal regarding the camera settings, he replied, and quoting:

"zooming in amplifies the whole immersion thing"

why can't i have such worries? Why? All those drugs, and for nothing, lol.. it's just not fair

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Finished Cyseal again last night. Killed Bracchus. Time to reroll.
There is something very satisfying about post-combat terrain effects...

13.jpg

And then you call down the rain, sift through the dead for loot and move on.

t

Arcane
Patron
That's a mighty fine game. Almost 100 hours of my time spent, but never quite finished. Maybe with the new big patch?

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
That's a mighty fine game. Almost 100 hours of my time spent, but never quite finished. Maybe with the new big patch?
It seems that nobody was able to finish this game and this tells a lot sadly.
Larian needs to change that fucking silly theme and hire some decent writers, because most of their games are a chore to finish.

Aenra

i was always a fan of over-generalising. Apart from being extremely refreshing, in terms of novelty, it is also immensely enlightening. Nothing more illuminating than taking a single digit, attaching to it a spectrum of infinity, and then using said aberration to self-attest to one's own veracity.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Bullshit. The numbers for completions are pretty much on scale with every comparable RPG of this scope.

And besides, PoE with it's crap combat was much more of a chore than D:OS with the lacklustre writing. And D:OS took me 20 hours longer to complete.

t

Arcane
Patron
Larian needs to change that fucking silly theme and hire some decent writers, because most of their games are a chore to finish.
I fucked around with a couple of builds in cyseal, almost got to the end of the game with one but saw a mudcrab and forgot.

Sykar

Arcane

The story isn't the main problem, Larians first 3 games were just as goofy. D:OS gets too easy after Cyseal and then they have questionable design choices like Tenebrium making standard weapons nearly obsolete since whenever a weapon deals just 1 damage of Tenebrium damage your character used the Tenebrium skill instead of the weapon skill for that particular weapon.
Quite a few talents are weak, have no impact real impact or can be even detrimental like Elemental Ranger.
They did address some issues like being able to get over 100% resistances and subsequently getting healed from these damage types and it was not too hard to have several resistances over 100%.
Magic becomes a bit too strong due to Intelligence CD reduction, this should be much more limited as well.

The game also needs some fixed waepons/armor which are really uniqoue and give a sense of progression when you reach these points, preferably through either difficult combat or difficult quest. As it stands you just use blue/green items one after another but nothign really "feels" in a way "epic" or something you really achieved/earned.

What this game needs is another polish for the all areas after Cyseal and rebalanced talents/skills. Also the game lacks some options for melee like dual wield or sword&board.

Last edited:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

The story isn't the main problem, Larians first 3 games were just as goofy. D:OS gets too easy after Cyseal and then they have questionable design choices like Tenebrium making standard weapons nearly obsolete since whenever a weapon deals just 1 damage of Tenebrium damage your character used the Tenebrium skill instead of the weapon skill for that particular weapon.
Quite a few talents are weak, have no impact real impact or can be even detrimental like Elemental Ranger.
They did address some issues like being able to get over 100% resistances and subsequently getting healed from these damage types and it was not too hard
Magic becomes a bit too strong due to Intelligence CD reduction, this should be much more limited as well.

The game also needs some fixed waepons/armor which are really uniqoue and give a sense of progression when you reach these points, preferably through either difficult combat or difficult quest. As it stands you just use blue/green items one after another but nothign really "feels" in a way "epic" or something you really achieved/earned.

What this game needs is another polish for the all areas after Cyseal and rebalanced talents/skills. Also the game lacks some options for melee like dual wield or sword&board.

Nah,this time they went full retard with the goofyness and that's why a lot of people lost the desire to finish the game.Developers need to understand that TB combat needs a good storyline that makes people to digg through all those pesky trash mobs that consumes 10-15 minute per battle.
Combat is nice and all but it gets tedious after encountering the same fucking mushroom again and again and then you keep telling yourself ''The story is not good,the writing suck so what keeps me going on?''

All of their games had a nice balance between goofyness and seriousness, but this game is fucking retarded.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom