Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Further Codex name-dropping at 24:08.

Really great talk overall.
:thumbsup:

P.S.
next_steps.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Swen had a game that was similar to Dragon Age Inquisition (dragons and rifts in the sky)? :lol:

Granted it would be 10000 times better than BioWare's garbage, I'd play it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very interesting video, but holy shit how much extra stuff you have to do... besides you know making the game.

hiver

Well, most of that additional stuff is or was actually created by the publisher business models.

Because that model would force developers to release the games too early - which means they wouldnt be of good enough quality - which would mean that the game itself cannot bring you money - which forces you to resort to hype to sell it.

W2 is a great example of that devolved way of making games, while D:OS is the opposite.

Mustawd

Wow...talk about giving you a heart attack. They took a huge risk on financing. Good for them that it worked.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
https://twitter.com/adreeadree/status/582793753049579520
Why have any user submitted content in your games? It's gross that I see RPGCodex listed every time I boot Divinity: OS.

This is the second time this person has tweeted about this. To quote Lesi, "Show me on the doll where the Codex touched you. Did they run over your dog and rape your sister too?"

And for the second time I feel like "wtf?". Where do those people come from? I mean I understand there's some butthurt involved, but we aren't THIS bad to hate us so much.
"nobody remembers ultima 7" :negative:
Look at his face when he says this.

Aenra

Fuckers never added linux version :(

while partly their fault, they were also delayed by Linux. There was a certain number of patches (notice the plural) that Linux had to release for its platform before D:OS porting could move on. Months were wasted waiting on them.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
swen to some random guy on twitter said:
You have no idea - we really overdid it. Let us first finish it - then we'll announce. Still some months to go though
This is from 17th of March so still some time to go, probably june.

Perkel

Arcane
So any eta on next patch ?

Fuckers never added linux version :(

while partly their fault, they were also delayed by Linux. There was a certain number of patches (notice the plural) that Linux had to release for its platform before D:OS porting could move on. Months were wasted waiting on them.

welcome to linux gaming

;

Educated
I'm waiting until they release the girlfriend mode

Perkel

Arcane
Speaking of things coming down the pipeline, have you heard anything about the difficulty patch yet? I am jones'n to play again, but I want to wait for it.
So any eta on next patch ?

View attachment 4708

B-baka, i-it's not like I was waiting for this patch or anything!

I hope they will resolve Acuracy problem vs lvl instead of buffing up HP of every mob by 100%

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom