Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Technical/Gamplay Issues

I've had LOS on a slope prevent me from resurrecting someone because they were supposedly 'out of sight', even when standing right next to the body.

Tried to teleport away, figuring the corpse would move or something. Instead I was hit with 'You must gather your party before venturing forth' :)

Arkeus

Arcane
I've had LOS on a slope prevent me from resurrecting someone because they were supposedly 'out of sight', even when standing right next to the body.

Tried to teleport away, figuring the corpse would move or something. Instead I was hit with 'You must gather your party before venturing forth' :)
You can throw a teleporter pyramid twenty meters away and teleport to it- it should work.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I notice teleport would not work on some chests twice. The spell would trigger and complete casting, log would say I've teleported the chest into the air but it remains where it was, and it doesn't take damage.

Minor issue but kinda of an annoyance.
And meh, the AoE icon sometimes blur with the terrain color - kinda annoyed they didn't just foresee that.

Lastly, I really wish they just standardize the recipe unlocks into what the components are and what makes what.
I really am amazed the recipe unlocks are basically word for word transcript of the goddamn book.

Gord

Arcane
Hm, it seems you can't pickpocket the same person twice?
I wanted to steal some quest item from a certain elf, but couldn't due to too low pickpocket. Instead I only stole some potion.
A few levels later I tought I could try again, but the game won't let me...

Perkel

Arcane
I don't think it is bug. It simulates that you stole from dude and he noticed it trying to be cautious around people. So either you steal something you want or probe him to steal later.

Gord

Arcane
Yeah, it's probably to prevent players from exploiting pickpocketing on vendors.

Sodafish

Arcane
The Barrage skill is broken it seems: depending on the user it will always/sometimes fire just one arrow instead of several.

Crichton

Prophet
I hit my first bug yesterday. I tried to save the game while some orcs and pirates were fighting nearby and even though I wasn't in combat myself, the game threw a fit and crashed. I wasn't worried because my last save wasn't too far back but when I started the game back up, I found that my last save was corrupted and would crash the game when I tried to load it and the last autosave was just before a boss-fight. Total lost time is probably only an hour or so (the boss fight plus two fights against orcs) but since I now know how much I screwed up chargen, I decided to just start over with better characters (and rotating saves).

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
The Barrage skill is broken it seems: depending on the user it will always/sometimes fire just one arrow instead of several.

Weird, not once in these ten days have I gotten this bug. All the marksmen skills worked fine for me.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Damn, things were going so well and now i have a game breaking bug that will probably force me to restart from scratch.

When i finished the grotto part of the quest and was given the option to enter the portal to find the witch, i decided to level up some more first and went on to complete the rest of the map quests and onto Hunters Edge, after i was done there i returned to the grotto to finally go to the other dimension...

Thing is, i can't teleport and at the lake there isn't an option to do anything or any portal. I seem to be stuck and with no way to progress without having to start a new game, as all my autosave slots and quick save slots have been occupied by later progression.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
To add on that, as it deals with missing stuff...maybe it's not a bug, but "send to Homestead" is not a great option for important stuff. Guess when the two chests get full, new additions to them just vanish. Lost some needed things for later that way, but luckily nothing too important.

Gord

Arcane
If you are lucky, it's just a display error - remove some items from the chests and maybe the missing items show up again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom