Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Technical/Gamplay Issues

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I might finally have a reason to upgrade my 5 year old PC.

norolim

Arcane
Your problems with the game are all trivial. This what Larian should correct first:

somebody on Larian forums said:
Anyway, it is silly that the male is so bulky when 2 of the 3 base class types are typically represented by slim characters and even then a fighter can be slim. They should have given the male model a slim, athletic build not the incredible hulk. I have to play the game with both female characters because it is so silly seeing a Rob Liefeld style character lumbering around in a robe. Yeah I went there. he is that bad.

another one said:
I agree, man. I can't bring myself to play as a buffed up mage/rogue class; it just doesn't fit. Is there no way to, I don't know, replace the male model with a slim NPC one using the mod tool? This is quite a letdown.

Your problems with the game are all trivial. This what Larian should correct first:

somebody on Larian forums said:
Anyway, it is silly that the male is so bulky when 2 of the 3 base class types are typically represented by slim characters and even then a fighter can be slim. They should have given the male model a slim, athletic build not the incredible hulk. I have to play the game with both female characters because it is so silly seeing a Rob Liefeld style character lumbering around in a robe. Yeah I went there. he is that bad.

another one said:
I agree, man. I can't bring myself to play as a buffed up mage/rogue class; it just doesn't fit. Is there no way to, I don't know, replace the male model with a slim NPC one using the mod tool? This is quite a letdown.

Oh god, sure sounds like unplayable mess. WTF Larian?!

Someone pls give me the key. :(

*edit* Thanks grotsnik!

Last edited:

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
D:OS seems to have a massive memory leak (or map glitch?) going on. If anyone is approaching +25hrs on play time you might want to hold off until they patch this. My playthrough is roughly 30 hours in, just leaving Cyceal into Silverglen for the first time - playing co-op with a mate.

Tried reloading and attempting from an earlier save, but the same thing has occurred 3 times now.
We even tried taking a different path and talking to different npcs, but the crashes seemed to always clock in around 40mins of just being in Silverglen.

I checked the save folder under docs/larian.... which is at 330mbs, and this is only including the default allocated quicksave/autosave +2 additional manual saves. Seeing as Steam cloud has a max of 600mb for D:OS save backup, it appears Divinity haveth a memory leak!

I'm guessing no one has actually play tested the game from start to finish using a singular save file. The devs must have just been pre loading into maps the whole time.

Anyway most people who have made it to Silverglen, seem to all note that this is where the crashes started occurring. The game has only been out for two days, so most people either haven't got to this point or are approaching it - and I've noticed more reports appearing of this.

So whether it is a memory leak, or just a bug with that area, hold off from proceeding until they fix this.

I just hope once they do, the save files are still compatible....no of course they will be....right?

:hmmm:

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Steam version.

The Divinity Engine editor keeps asking me for a "game data path" and doesn't seem to be happy with any of the game folders and subfolders.

also posted at

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506140#Post506140

Have you done this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276611375

Also Larian seems to how have a dedicated technical issue forum now: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=63&page=1

Of which I reported my save problem. (on the forum and e-mail). Sadly I can only play the game for small bits at a time, because the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th) time I save, it will save fine, but when it then is re-loading the area... crash. :/

Gord

Arcane
I checked the save folder under docs/larian.... which is at 330mbs, and this is only including the default allocated quicksave/autosave +2 additional manual saves. Seeing as Steam cloud has a max of 600mb for D:OS save backup, it appears Divinity haveth a memory leak!

They seem to be aware of the rather large savegames and talked about reducing their size in their latest postings.
Anyway they have disabled Steam Cloud again due to it being too small for their saves (my biggest problem with it was that it takes forever to upload the humongous saves...).
I'm not sure if that is related to your crashes, though.

Last edited:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Steam version.

The Divinity Engine editor keeps asking me for a "game data path" and doesn't seem to be happy with any of the game folders and subfolders.

also posted at

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=506140#Post506140

Have you done this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276611375

[snippity]

That did it. Thanks Jaesun!

You might want to read this thread http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/divinity-editor-thread.92654/

Read the OP. There are 2 tutorials so far. We will keep adding to it as we get more info.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron

They seem to be aware of the rather large savegames and talked about reducing their size in their latest postings.
Anyway they have disabled Steam Cloud again due to it being too small for their saves (my biggest problem with it was that it takes forever to upload the humongous saves...).
I'm not sure if that is related to your crashes, though.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=27643

Seems like they've fixed it already ;) Damn that was quick!

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Found another bug (it can be fixed by you).
If you save a game and then load it some times your co-op partner will get 0 in all stats.
If this happens you can fix it by reloading the game.

Another problem:
If you have a companion in a co-op game some times when loading a save the companion will be bound to the other character. And you cant move her over to the other character. This is also fixed by loading the save again.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Think I found a bug. Did a quick reload without spending an attribute after leveling up and the attribute increase disappeared :negative:

nvm

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
:rage:

Fucking piece of shit Steam deleted most of my saves. I told him not to use the fucking Steam Cloud. Does it care? No, it just re-enables it and screws everything up.
Now ~2 hours of playing are gone. Thank you Gaben!

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Steam version.

also posted at

[snippity]

That did it. Thanks Jaesun!

You might want to read this thread http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/divinity-editor-thread.92654/

Read the OP. There are 2 tutorials so far. We will keep adding to it as we get more info.

-drools-

Arkeus

Arcane
Mmmh, small detail, but it gets frustrating that characters don't share keys, especially as they all look the same. I got into the habit of just sending every keys to my main character, but it is a bit frustrating.

Durwyn

Prophet
If any of you guys still have problems with crashing while saving, make sure that both game and save folders are not read-only. It helped for now, did not stray from starting area so the late-game saving crash might still be unsolved.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Fully-Armor Skeleton Archer shot me with a charming arrow and the game crashed.

I'm getting a Ctd after picking up my third inert stone from after the big fire dude... can't get to the homestead.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do dialogues with AI on turn off for you guys when you get another character in the group? They do for me. I now seem to have the option to answer all of my dialogue which is kinda shitty. The AI dialogue thing is selected still in the options menu. Seems it just stopped being activated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom