Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yup. Matt is wildly exaggerating the problem, or then he is massively unlucky. I think I had to resort to aiming via portraits less than five times during the game, with fixed camera. Compared to some games where I'd spend more times rotating the camera than playing the game itself... itz heavan.

mydnight

Educated
Unlocked the camera and am way happier with it.

I can see the advantages of 3D for spells/weapons that have arcing fire; teleport etc, but I'm still not sure if I would prefer it to 2D iso (ToEE and Jagged 2 being the benchmark). I guess we'll have a new comparison when PoE is finally released.

Athelas

Arcane
It's 3d because it also supports modding. Being 3d makes stuff like environmental interaction probably easier to implement as well.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Unlocked the camera and am way happier with it.

I can see the advantages of 3D for spells/weapons that have arcing fire; teleport etc, but I'm still not sure if I would prefer it to 2D iso (ToEE and Jagged 2 being the benchmark). I guess we'll have a new comparison when PoE is finally released.
I think this is not even a contest. 2D iso>3D. But if yoru game is 3D, like D: OS, you should allow rotatable camera, so the characters and items are not obscured.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Lame...no Codex Plug? How much did any of those sites mentioned donate to the Kickstarter?

Is Larian wearing the mask?

:prosper:

Zep--

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really like Original Sin but trailers like that are off-putting for me.

Zeriel

Arcane
D:OS still selling in the top 50 at Steam. Wasteland has fallen off, currently at #85. D:OS has also been nominated for a VGA award for best RPG category, I think airs on Spike?

Best Role-Playing Game:
  • Bravely Default
  • Dark Souls II
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/2014-game-awards-nominees-announced/1100-6423734/

Spoiler: Dark Souls 2 or DA:I will win.

(Almost certainly DA:I, From doesn't spend a lot on marketing bribes, let alone in the West.)

Perkel

Arcane
And the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeeeeeerrr iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss :

DARK SOULS !

Sounds of Mountain Dew and Doritos opening.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Spoiler: Dark Souls 2 or DA:I will win.

(Almost certainly DA:I, From doesn't spend a lot on marketing bribes, let alone in the West.)
Being nominated is an award in itself, just ask Benjanun Sriduangkaew.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope that rebalance patch is all set for release within the next three weeks. I really don't want the year to end with my having three unplayed, unfinished Kickstarter-funded RPGs. It's almost been half-a-year since release too. :rpgcodex:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I hope that rebalance patch is all set for release within the next three weeks. I really don't want the year to end with my having three unplayed, unfinished Kickstarter-funded RPGs. It's almost been half-a-year since release too. :rpgcodex:
Any word on it? They seem to be focusing on something else -- additional companions were late, no rebalancing, no linux version. I surely do hope it's the expansion in the making.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom