Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So about 10 hours into the game; combat is great -- why on earth is it in full 3d? Camera can't rotate fully which makes it impossible to click on things sometimes. Still think they should have had something closer to ToEE is terms of the 'camera'.

There is a settings option somewhere to unlock the camera.

Zep--

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
So about 10 hours into the game; combat is great -- why on earth is it in full 3d? Camera can't rotate fully which makes it impossible to click on things sometimes. Still think they should have had something closer to ToEE is terms of the 'camera'.

Isn't in wonderful when ignorant people drop by months after something has been repeated thousand of times to spit the same nonsense? Congrats, you are wrong... 5 months after everybody else realized they were wrong.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Isn't in wonderful when ignorant people drop by months after something has been repeated thousand of times to spit the same nonsense? Congrats, you are wrong... 5 months after everybody else realized they were wrong.

That's just as cool as people who STILL whine about the roshambo minigame not having a 'skip' button.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

That's just as cool as people who STILL whine about the roshambo minigame not having a 'skip' button.
That reminds me, did they fix that minigame so the actual skill is taken into account when skipping the minigame, and it is not entirely random?

Perkel

Arcane
problem is not 3D. Problem is that because game is 3D they give player ability to rotate camera which doesn't have any value to the game. And if game was created with rotating camera in mind it only adds clunk to the game as player needs to fidle with camera to play game.

I am constantly annoyed by Wasteland 2 approach to camera and how i need to rotate camera to do shit.

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Not that funny actually. Will post two screenshots (rehosted from Larian forums) that'll probably say better than me why it's recommended against.

wnNQJZR.jpg

nDRV4nP.jpg

The game wasn't made with free camera movement in mind.

Zeriel

Arcane
Game made with fixed camera because fixed camera is always a good idea.

People complain.

Developers put in optional toggle to move camera for sperging autists.

People complain.

There's no winning here.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
I feel like the first chapter is very good but the game seems to loose some coherence from silverglen on.

I like the fact that you can go everywhere, but i am missing a more firm hand in driving the story forward.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not that funny actually. Will post two screenshots (rehosted from Larian forums) that'll probably say better than me why it's recommended against.

wnNQJZR.jpg

nDRV4nP.jpg

The game wasn't made with free camera movement in mind.
Devs are only against it because it brings up some graphical artifacts. But those are so rare and so minor that noone in their right mind would leave the camera rotation switched off. The game works very well with rotatable camera. But as usual, some codexers still can't manage a 3D camera. It is mindblowing how incapable those people are when it comes to this.

Perkel

Arcane
Devs are against it because they created game without full 3D rotation in mind. But they included option to unlock full 360 3D rotation because there will be always whinny NWN2 kids whining for useless 3D rotation.

So we can have both of both worlds. Shitty people fighting with clunky 360 camera and normal people playing it with locked camera (because there is no reason to unlock it)

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Unfortunately targeting enemies in this game can be a real PITA when they clump together or hide behind walls. I've had situations where it was impossible without unlocking the camera. Horribly inaccurate click detection doesn't help either.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
STEAM say I have 98 hours played and I never had that problem. Played with a locked camera all the way through the end.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
So we can have both of both worlds. Shitty people fighting with clunky 360 camera and normal people playing it with locked camera (because there is no reason to unlock it)
Just shut up if you have no idea what are you talking about. Useless 3D rotation? :lol: Have you even played the game, or are you just trying to by clever? Full rotation works perfectly, and helps a lot when navigating and targeting. Locked camera is the shitty one and it is just annoying when fighting lots of enemies, or moving in corridors. You can play with it, but why would I settle for the worse option, when I can play it more comfortably .

Perkel

Arcane
Yes i played whole game from start to finish with locked rotation.
There is 0 reason to unlock it. It doesn't help anything nor it has any purpose because whole game was created with that locked camera. If anything you will be looking at bare environments and insides from different POV as they didn't put any detail on other side of things.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Yes i played whole game from start to finish with locked rotation.
There is 0 reason to unlock it. It doesn't help anything
Every fucking review complains about the shitty click detection, which causes you misclick on an enemy (especially if the enemy does huge idle animations). This is a lot less pain in the ass if you unlock camera rotation. Sure, you can play without it, but why would I settle with the worse option? And don't tell me that it doesn't help at all because as I said, it does.

The only thing you lose with unlocking is a few (and only a FEW) less detailed modells, and I couldn't care less about that if it is more comfortable to play with an unlocked camera.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only reason someone would misclick an enemy is if they had worse reflexes than my grandma (or me).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
The only reason someone would misclick an enemy is if they had worse reflexes than my grandma (or me).
Since we made a discussion about this problem in this thread, I think this is a valid complaint.
I'm not saying it isn't a valid complaint as I have read that a lot of people have this problem. It happened to me once or twice. I didn't think much about it as I have 10% vision on the left eye and 30% vision on the right eye, so I mostly chalked it up to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom