Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What's an "engine" and its competence level that has to do with data storage format?

'Suppose RPG Maker can use xdelta too.

Get back to making sense, now.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
In Roguey case, vagoo chance 0.5. In general, 0.02 vagoo here. Now apply naive Bayes to that.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So... For reason or another, Larian mailed me a second signed poster (Codex stuff?)...

Does anyone want to buy it from me? ;)

Alternatively, does someone who isn't an insufferable cunt want it for free?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What's an "engine" and its competence level that has to do with data storage format?

'Suppose RPG Maker can use xdelta too.

Get back to making sense, now.
Dunno, all I know is Unity games are awful when it comes to Steam patches, among other things, whereas Larian's engine is less so.

Inquisition

Educated
So... For reason or another, Larian mailed me a second signed poster (Codex stuff?)...

Does anyone want to buy it from me? ;)

Alternatively, does someone who isn't an insufferable cunt want it for free?

I am not a cunt. I would happily take it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
New patch: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=557734#Post557734

Hi everyone,

Today's patch contains over 150 improvements and more are coming.

FYI, we'll soon be organizing a Larian Devline where you can talk directly to our developers and suggest further improvements. You'll also be able to tell us what you'd like to see in our future RPGs.

Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on when the first Larian Devline will be hosted.

Here is the changelog:

Patch v1.0.219:

Story/Game play:
  • Fixed start of fight conditions for Witch Cabin fight with Immaculate Mage
  • Fixed Arrest scenes in Cyseal (mortician for example), while using a forbidden door during arrest sequence
  • Fixed issue with Watcher/imps quest not completing
  • Fixed companion dialogues when they were being triggered at the same time in multi-player
  • Fixed issue with performing crimes when the guards are already talking to another player
  • Fixed dialogue issue with Zixzax in Luculla forest (Homestead attack warning)
  • Added reactions when characters are blinded
  • Prevent start listening when already in a dialogue
  • Fixed issue where sheathe/unsheathe state could get out of sync
  • You can listen to NPC's too now, instead of only player characters
  • Added option to turn off camera shake
  • Fixed issue where a sitting animation could get stuck
  • Projectiles can be shot over knocked down enemies now
  • Fixed issue when a peer disconnects during listening
  • Fixed issue where characters sometimes stop following their master
  • "Target is out of sight" is shown now instead of "Target is too far" when blinded
  • When healing someone in combat, you will immediately join the combat as well
  • No longer possible to fumble applying wet status
  • Dialogue history is synced to characters who join in a dual dialogue now
  • Fixed issue where names disappeared from the dialogue logs after a load
  • It is no longer possible to send teleporter pyramids to the homestead
  • Added armor damage UI element
  • Fixed issue where the combat log got smaller after each load
  • Weapon damage % is now always shown in skill descriptions
  • Fixed game freeze in the lobby menu, when failing to join a Steam lobby through the Steam tool
  • Fixed several crashes reported to us via support mails. Thank you!

Perkel

Arcane
  • 4Player Mod crash fix
incline

I wonder if we could gather four codexers and play it like that for shit and gigles giving each codexer his turn so game would be constantly played by different people and most of people wouldn't need to play it for more than few hours.

By 4 codexers i mean ton of people who will fill those 4 slots and change one another if someone can't play it more that day.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
DOS patches- 3, I think
WL2 patches- 1, soon 2.
PoE- 0.
:hahano:
PoE is not even out yet. And if we are talking about beta patches, PoE got at least half a dozen. I don't get what's there to laugh on?

Black

Arcane

Perkel

Arcane
It is now "who had more updates" race.
Winner takes "retard" medal.

Oh shit even video !

Perkel

Arcane
Nov4 is when they will be talking about their new RPG and roadmap for DOS.

I would love to see them trying to do now some serious RPG.

Avellion

Erudite

The fact that they keep supporting their game with balancing patches and bug fixes shows just how passionate and dedicated they are toward providing players with the best possible RPG experience they can deliver. Kudos to Larian. Hope the game does well in the appstore.

Edit: Especially considering how some RPG devs out there rush out their games as fast as possible, only to leave them out there to die with absolutely no support other than perhaps some overpriced DLC.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I will never understand the love for Larian games on this forum and nobody has ever tried to seriously explain it to me. What do you like about these games? I've played them. Tell me why you like this game / other Larian games.

Perkel

Arcane
It is not love for Larian games. It is love for Larian game.
It is pretty much accepted that earlier divinities were mediacore. Dragon Commander was fun but crap in the end.

As of why. People simply noticed that they were creating RPG that rubbed few people in good place and then later confirmed that this rub was not random with release of game.

In essense no one expected Larian to take torch of TB RPGs at this level and they delivered compelling RPG that not only was not shit but also managed to implement few interesting mechanics into rather stale battleground of TB RPGs.

Sure DOS isn't 11/10 game but considering what they did and what they can do with DOS2 in future this may be rise of very good studio that will deliver every few year solid incline in sea of muddy shitstains.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You're not allowed to be happy over games that do not acknowledge my agenda. Period.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom