Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Waterd

Augur
I was waiting balance fixes, the difficulty mode...and something like that, im missing somehting?

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
"The Bear and The Burglar is a free update that is automatically included in Divinity: Original Sin on Steam"
Click on the DLC link : it says so on its dedicated page.

SniperHF

Arcane
Any idea hows the mod scene now? Are people making stuff for the game?

I'm still plodding through the editor and what is holding me back from anything release quality is the scripting. Larian should make more scripting videos/tutorials ASAP. The rest of the editor while sometimes clunky is effective enough.

The chick from the kickstarter video, the writter, is actually really pretty.

I think a lot of people missed this interview with her when the game was released:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I assume these skills were balanced:

Battering Ram
Crushing Fist
Cure Wounds
Divine Light
Dust Devil/Whirlwind
Encourage
Power Stance
Precision Stance
Power Stance
Precision Stance
Minor Heal
Slow Current
Bitter Cold
Headvice
I believe Swen said something about wanting to balance Man-At-Arms and Marksman skills.

A user named cat

Why in the world isn't right ctrl/alt bindable? I find it highly annoying because I'm an olddick who still plays with arrow keys especially to control camera, not wasd.

imweasel

Swen also said in the last KS update that they are working on improving the UI and inventory. :) Great to see that Larian are still devoted to polishing this game up even more.

They are also looking closely at the cut content, it shouldn't take too long until the expansion is announced.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Too bad the game is old news. Haven't played since I finished it it the first and only time.

Good solid game but not worthy of a replay. 7.5/10

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At last finished this.

:5/5::4/5:/:5/5::5/5:

Cool gaem, but won't replay it, because it's way too long. But I'd gladly buy an expansion.

Final battle is shit.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The companion DLC, which was supposedly released yesterday and appears both in the Steam store and in the Additional Content submenu on D:OS's title screen menu, isn't actually available yet and doesn't get automatically installed, nor can it be manually installed. It doesn't appear on the Steam context menu list of installed DLC, and is unchecked in the Additional Content submenu.

Also, people have checked Cyseal for the companions, and they aren't there.

It's like releasing a salted peanut, except there's a shell with no nut meat inside. Where the cockgargling fuck is the DLC? There are giant threads about this confusing issue everywhere, and no response from Larian yet. These guys are slow on the uptake. You'd think they'd be paying close attention right after releasing something.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
2b458d62fd.png

:neveraskedforthis:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I assume these skills were balanced:

Battering Ram
Crushing Fist
Cure Wounds
Divine Light
Dust Devil/Whirlwind
Encourage
Power Stance
Precision Stance
Power Stance
Precision Stance
Minor Heal
Slow Current
Bitter Cold
Headvice
I believe Swen said something about wanting to balance Man-At-Arms and Marksman skills.

I've glanced at these skills in the character creation menu (unfortunately, I've lost my saves because of the recent hard disk problems) and it seems like only their special effects were changed. Because stances, for example, have exactly the same numbers and numerical values for other spells also don't look that different.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Uhh, ForkTong fixed it. I had the same issue...it is working fine now.

Uhh, not for me, he didn't. The DLC remains unchecked in my Additional Content submenu (and I can't check the box by clicking), it isn't listed in the Steam context menu DLC list for D:OS, and there's no Steam button to press to add or install it in any way.

I just now started a new game and slogged all the way to fucking Cyseal to confirm the cage is empty. Here it is:

0321750d29.png

I don't see a Scandinavian woman in that cage. I see her bow, but no Bairdotr.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Someone from Something Awful said
Divinity is so goddamn frustrating that it's almost insulting. It's very enjoyable of course and I'll finish it eventually, but the dialogue and lore is just piss-terrible. The writing style smells of Belgian cultural inferiority complex (I say this as a Belgian who struggles with exactly that).

I had to look this up and only got one result, a usenet post from the 1998.
You have to understand the Belgian cultural inferiority complex.

A friend of mine is the Benelux editor of one of the film business trade
papers, and the Belgians will take credit for anything they can -- my
friend Christian's fav line was "it's belgian, you know" whenever
anything Belgian (with the exception of Jean-Claude Van Damme) came into
the conversation, including the QuickBurger, a european burger chain
that sells hamburgers which make McD's Big Mac taste like milkfed veal.

A new phrase added to my lexicon. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom