Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Divinity: Original Sin
Old school?

schoolhouse.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Update Version 1.0.169: http://steamcommunity.com/games/230230/announcements/detail/207486173471596259

New companions will be released as a free DLC later today, and can only be accessed when starting a new game.

Hi everybody,

In anticipation of the launch of the new companion DLC (which will be free for everyone) here is a new update which will further improve the game.

The most notable improvements are the new listening functionality for dialogs when playing in cooperative multiplayer, a big layer of polish on the spell and skill effects and a number of bugfixes. Please note that the new companions will only be available after installing the free DLC (to be released later today) and can only be accessed when starting a new game.

Code:
  • Added listening functionality to dialogs. Now you can listen to ongoing dialogs and see the complete history to better follow what is being said.
  • Fixed issue with logging for cooperative dialogs
  • A lot of fixes for savegames that refused to load
  • Sheath/Unsheath fixed timing of attachment of shields.
  • Rare crash fix in specific script calls
  • Rare crash fix in extinguish surface action
  • Fading objects and fog triggers now work for all players instead of just the local player.
  • Fixed issue where rotation on objects could get corrupted, resulting in huge objects
  • Bugfix in character movement while mouse is pressed
  • Fixed some UI's that were always loaded in memory. Now they are loaded when needed.
  • Fixed issue when swapping character during a rock-paper-scissor minigame.
  • Fixed some doors that were blocking after they were destroyed
  • Added text bubble effect above characters in dialog
  • Dragging action will cancel when going into trade
  • Fixed rare crash with attachments on objects
  • Fixed rare issue where the mouse cursor could become corrupted
  • Weight can no longer become negative
  • Character should slide less when arriving at their target position
  • Dragging an item onto a container will put it in the inventory now
  • Correctly substract money when hiring henchman
  • Correctly delete item when adding to an inventory fails.
  • Fixed exclamation mark sometimes being attached wrong.
  • Fixed rare crashes when going to and coming from the Homestead
  • Fixed double spaces in combat log
  • Changed requirement from Crafing to Tenebrium to craft tenebrium weapons
  • Fixed issue with sheath/unsheat after sitting or sleeping
  • Fixed issue with wrong resurrecting event
  • Skillbar items in a container no longer get removed
  • Fix for surface sound underflow
  • Skill are reloaded when switching mods
  • Remove blackrot status when you have tenebrium ability
  • Added "Additional Content" menu to the main menu
  • Fixed issue where characters in combat could sometimes take characters out of the combat into account
  • Fixed issue with disconnected during the rock-paper-scissor minigame
  • Fixed issue where character sometimes dont follow after a load

Story:
  • War of the Bloodstones, some mountain men could be neutral during the war
  • Quest blocker in Nadia quest when you talk to Lawrence
  • Arhu thinks that everything you drop in his house is his property, is fixed
  • Issue with killing the Trife with companions without starting the end fight
  • Imps were not appearing on Mac version
  • AI mesh fixes at Baron of Bones house, now the player can teleport the chest in the southern room
  • Items on some graves drop under the ground when dug out
  • You could start a conversation with Lurrean while he was walking away
  • You could ask William to teleport you to Wally once the quest was solved, this is removed
  • Incorrect log entry on mushroom barrier removal
  • Couldn't select enemies that were inside click through bushes
  • Zou could talk to Yox while Frederick was approaching and the quest would hang
  • How to handle Tenebrium quest book had been increased to unlimited uses
  • Cyseal burning ship got a sound event, so you can hear it burn now
  • The Lawrence vs miners situation used to get blocked but that is fixed now
  • Teleport Mirror in Luculla Mines doesn't want to teleport companions
Note: a limited amount of these story fixes require you to start a new game

Effects:
  • Battering Ram
  • Crushing Fist
  • Cure Wounds
  • Divine Light
  • Dust Devil/Whirlwind
  • Encourage
  • Power Stance
  • Precision Stance
  • Power Stance
  • Precision Stance
  • Minor Heal
  • Slow Current
  • Bitter Cold
  • Headvice

Audio:
  • Overall audio balance has been updated.
  • The burning ship in Cyseal had sound (burning & sinking) which did not work, this has been fixed now.
  • Player weapons such as Two Handed Sword and Magic Staff got new dedicated sounds when sheathing their weapon.
  • The Orcs in the game now have extra foley sounds including a huge roar, a sobbing orc and a really gross ‘buttscratch’…
  • For the new area, dedicated ambient sounds have been added, as well as custom sounds for a very loathsome druid and some really disgusting fx for certain pigs

MAC Specific:
This update brings all Mac tweaking options into a single place. In order to use it you have to hold 'Command' key on game startup.
The new launcher has options to:
  • Don't show any OS X notification popups while in game. They won't even blink.
  • Disable Touch Support if you feel like it
  • Quickly click on OS X Path control to discover your saves directory
  • Temporarily switch game to windowed mode
  • Precisely track mouse and trackpad gestures and taps
  • Disable hardware fade and gamma effects
  • Enable OpenGL performance tweaks and a heap of assorted workarounds

Divinity Engine Editor:
  • Fixed some problems that existed when loading mods
  • Fixed some memory leaks
  • Added info when trying to save terrain that is not editable
  • Fixed saving new story items
  • Fixed story editor crash
  • Fixed crash when entering game mode
  • Fixed position of camera when switching between cameras

Have fun!

Last edited:

Cromwell

Arcane
Maybe I am and Idiot but I didnt find any information on the new companions, not even on their forums. Did I miss something here?

Gord

Arcane
Larian is notoriously bad at posting patch infos and the like on their own forums...

Internet

Scholar
Under "additional content" in the game menu I see a new file. Looks like the new companions are a ranger and rogue, but I didn't try it.

Arkeus

Arcane
KS Update said:
The wait is over: Two new companions have landed in Cyseal!

We may have been a bit quiet over the past two months, but you'll be happy to hear we've spent the time not only recovering from launch, but also preparing improvements and new content for Divinity: Original Sin. We figured: how better to break the silence than with an exciting update chock full of much-asked-after features?

Today, we're launching a content-heavy update to D:OS players, featuring two totally new companions, each ready (if you play your cards right) to help save Rivellon. Also included in the newest update is a big quality-of-life improvement and another coat of polish.

Below, Swen discusses more about the added content, as well as future updates and what the team's been up to since our last update (hint: Divinity: Original Sin isn't the only game we're working on!).

Read the update's full change list here.

Download this free additional content!
As promised, we're ready to launch two more companions into Rivellon, both of which you can meet in Cyseal. Bairdotr, a curious and loyal ranger, has gotten herself into some trouble at the Legion barracks, while the silent rogue Wolgraff has found himself a nice hustle stealing coins from the wishing well in the Cyseal hinterlands (accessible through the graveyard tunnel).

Check out their concept art and a short description of each companion below:

e0f7cee98e0018d27cb5d36812a20873_large.jpg

"You seem strong as mother, though your chest is not quite so hairy. Your sword may come in handy when we find who I seek."
Armed with her bow on her back and her claws at the ready, Bairdotr refuses to fail: She must navigate your world-- a world of wonder and mysteries both fantastic and terrible-- if she's to save Homeforest. The druid of the forest has been kidnapped, and Bairdotr must follow a scant trail of clues if she's to bring him back-- clues that take her to the very heart of Rivellon's Source conspiracy.

fd4fbe16f869eb7b963bb736ae5dd5bf_large.png

"Wolgraff gives you a knowing look. He seems to think the mayor is a few arrows short of a quiver."
Dark Sourcery deprived Wolgraff of his voice when he was but a kid, and with it his dream of becoming a Source Hunter. Refused by the Order, he grew up to become a rogue, stealing from the rich and giving to... just himself actually. His is a world of silence, but if need be he lets his dagger do the talking for him.

---

If you convince one or both to join your party, you'll learn more about their histories and missions for the future.

Download "The Bear and the Burgler" DLC via Steam, or simply update your game on GOG to receive the new content. Note: The new companions will appear in Cyseal once you start a new game after downloading the update.

Follow the Dialogue: A significant improvement for co-op players
It's no secret that the old system for following other players' dialogues in co-op needed a makeover; fortunately, the latest update will do just that.

Now, instead of reading lengthy dialogues displayed over your teammate's head or in the journal, you'll be able to see the conversation in its own dialogue box with the toggle of a button.

2d7793c155ae024e934c610dc1d862b4_large.png

What's next?
This certainly will not be our last update on Divinity: Original Sin. We're still working on a slew of new skills and a variety of difficulty modes to ramp up the challenge-- keep an eye out for those in the coming weeks!

If you're curious where Larian is heading over the next couple of years, check out Swen's latest blog entry - Thoughts after releasing Divinity:Original Sin and what comes next.

Wasteland 2: Are you as excited as we are?
Clear your calendars, because Wasteland 2 is ready to launch on September 19th! Not only are we huge Wasteland fans, but we also owe a debt of gratitude to Brian Fargo, who paved the way for RPGs on Kickstarter and convinced us of the merits of Steam Early Access (and oh how right he was). We wish the inXile team the best of luck with their launch and can't wait to play the game ourselves. If you haven't already gotten yourself a key, you're sure to miss out!

accismus

Literate
Larian said:
  • Changed requirement from Crafing to Tenebrium to craft tenebrium weapons
This...wasn't quite the Tenebrium bugfix I was hoping for. Does this mean Tenebrium > Crafting in addition to Tenebrium > Weapon Skills now?

(Of course, if you haven't pumped the Tenebrium skill in the first place you wouldn't want to craft any Tenebrium gear so I guess this works in a broken sort of way?)

Perkel

Arcane
I wonder what they are planning now. Obviously upgrades to Editor but i wonder if they will be doing expansion pack or if they will go straight into DOS2.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Listening this KS update reminded me how I loved the journey we had with Larian during development. And reminded me how amazing (although flawed) DOS turned out. This music always gets to me. Great improvements in the update, unfortunately it will be a few years until I replay DOS, since I'm not a player who replays games over and over, moreso because there are so many great (old and new) games out there.

Great job Larian. :salute:

PS: Improve the soundtrack Larian, so it will be just like you wanted originally, before Kirill's sickness.

Cadmus

Arcane
I wonder what they are planning now. Obviously upgrades to Editor but i wonder if they will be doing expansion pack or if they will go straight into DOS2.
Any idea hows the mod scene now? Are people making stuff for the game?

baturinsky

Arcane
I still can't figure how I am supposed to play this game. Inventories of my chars are filled with some junk I have no idea what I should do with. Enemies are too hard and numerous for "conventional" fight, but dies fast if there is a barrel or two nearby. I heard I am supposed to lag barrels around and kill each group by placing "my own" barrels near them to blow. Is this true?

Cadmus

Arcane
I still can't figure how I am supposed to play this game. Inventories of my chars are filled with some junk I have no idea what I should do with. Enemies are too hard and numerous for "conventional" fight, but dies fast if there is a barrel or two nearby. I heard I am supposed to lag barrels around and kill each group by placing "my own" barrels near them to blow. Is this true?
no need, just play the game, if you cant win a fight, try to approach it differently
its not hard at all and youll simply need to replay some fights until you get the hang of it

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The chick from the kickstarter video, the writter, is actually really pretty.

Gord

Arcane

Also don't pick up everything you find just because you have severe OCD.

Darkion

Augur
The DOS update and free DLC are up in GOG now. Which is quite surprising. Don't they know they have a "one day behind Steam" reputation to keep up?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom