Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Well, that would actually be an improvement over the dialog in D:OS. :troll:

subotaiy

Cipher
Is there by any chance some mod that speeds up the animations? The tedium kills my enjoyment of the game.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Rake

Arcane
Quality aside, DOS is not old skool. Old skool games don't use RPS as a way to dtermine dialogue ouitcomes. FFS

Complete dialog of an oldschool CRPG:

START: You are thrown into a dungeon - find the 5 pieces of staff xyz to win.
END: Congrats - you have won.
Old school starts in 1997 and ends in 2001 2002

I am quite sure old-school started in 1994 and ended 1998.
Not the good part of it. :troll:

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the real old-school RPGs are the kind of games that Crooked Bee plays, not Fallout, Arcanum and Baldur's Gate, but games which were long, long before them.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I think the real old-school RPGs are the kind of games that Crooked Bee plays, not Fallout, Arcanum and Baldur's Gate, but games which were long, long before them.

What, shitty JRPGs?

I don't really have room to talk, though... I dabble in :desu:from time to time.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Quality aside, DOS is not old skool. Old skool games don't use RPS as a way to dtermine dialogue ouitcomes. FFS

The best part of it. I played Warcraft 1 1994. I was 5. I beat that game. Golden age.

Rake

Arcane

The best part of it. I played Warcraft 1 1994. I was 5. I beat that game. Golden age.
Pandering to twelve five year old boys. Games so easy a five year old can beat them. Decline confirmed.
:troll:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I played Warcraft 1 ... I was 5. I beat that game. Golden age.
You either played with cheats, or you are bullshitting.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera

itt: fucking kids know nothing about oldschool.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Last edited by a moderator:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
please don't megaquote and then doublepost. i really don't like to have to actually moderate people's posts...
also, my oldschool is the actual oldschool, your oldschool was the prelude to decline.

Avellion

Erudite
True oldschool players who began with Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights would never play a decline ridden TB RPG like this. RTwP is true old school, this Turn Based combat is the result of lazy developers.

If you guys will excuse me, I need to vomit after saying that.

On a serious note, I am glad this game enjoys success, and 500k is not bad for a game with legs. Word of mouth can help sell good games, as is showcased with this game.

Last edited:

A user named cat

I don't know what faggotry this topic has turned into but I assume the worst kind. Just now playing this game for the first time and I miss the engine from the first DD; isometric, fast, 2D, classy, great. D:OS has this annoying, slight choppiness when panning around unless I drop shadows to low, aging gtx 560 can't handle it well apparently or just poor optimization. Then the shadows look horrendous and blotchy though, about to just disable them entirely. No other options seem to even affect performance. Asshole shadows.

Combat is quite fun so far, sure beats clicky Diablo action I'm used to from Larian. Game world looks nice enough but would've been better as 2D isometric, would also make clicking on shit easier. Music doesn't seem to be nearly as memorable or atmospheric as expected either. Looking forward to more regardless.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fallout will be 20 years old in three years. "Old school" is a useless descriptor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom