Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Not one of the star stones had a big exclamation mark attached, or a sparkling quest trail leading to it, so it's safe to assume that Konjad doesn't have a single one in his inventory.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Sorry Ventilator, you're not a psycho-anal.

suntzuartofwhine.png

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Just pointing out why he doesn't have the star stones. Play time alone (50 hours) shows he didn't much in terms of exploring, plus of course, he also said he won't search, so a moot point I guess. Wouldn't be a problem if points of interest were clearly marked, like in Dragon Age 2, or if a sparkling quest trail would lead right up to the blood stone, perhaps after you unlocked the location by buying it from the teller of secrets. Of course, it's a bit dumb that story advancement and development of the stronghold is linked to you finding the mc guffins in the first place.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just pointing out why he doesn't have the star stones. Play time alone (50 hours) shows he didn't much in terms of exploring, plus of course, he also said he won't search, so a moot point I guess. Wouldn't be a problem if points of interest were clearly marked, like in Dragon Age 2, or if a sparkling quest trail would lead right up to the blood stone, perhaps after you unlocked the location by buying it from the teller of secrets. Of course, it's a bit dumb that story advancement and development of the stronghold is linked to you finding the mc guffins in the first place.

Problem here is I think he might have missed some quest trigger - I certainly encountered this in my co-op session.
We totally missed that 'rain of fire' quest in the Homestead.
And got over 10+ star stones.
Once we cleared that one - the door opened.
Pretty baffling how both are even related.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Additionally, why do you have to use up the bloodstones instead of just finding them? For me a bloodstone was a valuable item, full restoration + full heal for the entire party, so I thought I should better hold on to them, who knows when I need it.

50 hours does indeed point to rushing through the game, took me about 40 hours just to clear Cyseal, and I ended up having only 90 hours total because I rushed last area and left few quests opened.

Ivan

Arcane
Hunter's Edge is pretty shit. Favorite bit was brewing the ale.

Also, hiding entrances via illusory clutter is bullshit (looking at you Marandino Cave)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Additionally, why do you have to use up the bloodstones instead of just finding them? For me a bloodstone was a valuable item, full restoration + full heal for the entire party, so I thought I should better hold on to them, who knows when I need it.

Game tells you several times why.
Bloodstone is just 'tainted' Starstone, you need to use it before you can consume the Starstone etc. Then it keeps repeating that you have to collect the Starstones to regain your true powarz.

The lame part is that there are excess of them, the last few don't actually do anything 'cept give you XP. I wanted to party in the forbidden zone, FFS!

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
50 hours does indeed point to rushing through the game, took me about 40 hours just to clear Cyseal, and I ended up having only 90 hours total because I rushed last area and left few quests opened.
I went back and finished all the quests, now I'm at the last fight. 63 hours in and I never did rush anything, but I skipped most dialogues by 1 1 1 1ing them, because they were terribly boring.

Not one of the star stones had a big exclamation mark attached, or a sparkling quest trail leading to it, so it's safe to assume that Konjad doesn't have a single one in his inventory.

Developers decided that a random loot and shoving a player with gold in the face is a good idea, so I stopped bothering myself with looting anything mid-game, because I knew there will be nothing interesting in the next chest or just a slightly better gear and I had so much cash I wouldn't be able to transport it even on a horse with a cart if there wasn't an abstract no-weight money. So I missed 2 star stones apparently, maybe they had that lighting bolt out of them, maybe not (and not all of the star stones had them, of that I am sure), it doesn't change a fact that it's a bad design to force players to collect all the pokemons before allowing them to finish the game.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Yeah, two dumb decisions, the game doesn't tell you "better find x star stones or you can't progress" so you kinda find that out when you stand infront of the door. Plus an uncontrollable NPC you have to keep alive.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
RK47 Too lazy to register on Larian forums but on your post here

All you did is pick the 'most used' persuasion option (cause you can never gain points in ALL of them) and just hope for the best with SPACE BAR or play guessing game.

There are no wrong choices, you just pick what you want to say and hope the random number generator lets you win.

I'm pretty sure there are right choices and wrong choices in dialogue. Also you don't gain points in persuasion options (Charm/Intimidate/Reason), only your Charisma ability matters, and Charm/Intimidate/Reason always gives you the same positive or negative bonus depending if you pick the "right choice" during a specific dialogue.

From various player sources:

The number of points you get is based on your Charisma. More Charisma = more points per win.
The number is further modified by what option you chose (charm, intimidate, reason). One of these is the right choice, and increases your number. One is wrong, and decreases. One is neutral. This choice is different depending on who you're talking to, and the context of your conversation. If your perception is high enough, the game will tell you which option is right/wrong/neutral.

In each conversation with NPCs that include an argument, there is an "Optimal" answer that gives +1 , "Neutral" answer that gives 0 and a "Bad choice" answer that gives -1 for the minigame.

In addition each charisma point you have will give you an additional +1 point regardless what answer you selected.
The total number is the amount of circles that will be filled each time you win a RSP round.

So you get a base of 3 points. your charm score is added to it. then its modified by which dialogue option you chose (+/- or 0).

So in your example, you had 3 base + 3 charisma + 1 dialogue choice.

I have no idea if skipping the RPS game takes into account your Charisma + Dialogue choice into the random roll, or if it's just a 50/50. That could be something to ask Larian (ForkTong !) or suggest if it's not the case.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
actually, there was a quest in which you give that sheep's corpse to a woman who stands in the city market

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You mean that sheep that was supposed to end as haggis.

In a large bowl, combine the minced liver, heart, tongue, suet, onions, and toasted oats.
Poor sheep, who could do that to her.

I'm pretty sure I don't have sheep in the inventory. Are you sure you didn't experienced a bug?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom